• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

I have a very strange question. Try to stay on topic with this.

Does anyone here actually know someone who has it? Not knows of or heard about or read in the paper. Does anyone on the board actually know somebody that has it?

Edited by thecampster

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Does anyone here actually know someone who has it? Not knows of or heard about or read in the paper. Does anyone on the board actually know somebody that has it?

Ask Sturt that question.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

He didn't say he was racist.

"He generally likes to play slave-like mind games with non whites. Donald Sterling part II here"

How could anyone read that and draw a different conclusion? It is clearly implying that Doland is a racist. You have reach a new low with your laughable obfuscation, congratulations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I know a guy, tested positive a few days ago.  Not someone I interact with every day but I do know him.

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

"He generally likes to play slave-like mind games with non whites. Donald Sterling part II here"

How could anyone read that and draw a different conclusion? It is clearly implying that Doland is a racist. You have reach a new low with your laughable obfuscation, congratulations.

... Thanks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

A guy I was not such a fan of NBA wise (not talking Ga. Tech here) has been aggressively trying to help out in a stupefying time of need. A Good Samaritan period. After all these years am truly a big fan now and these are the kind of stories I yearn for.

Stephon Marbury is trying to arrange a deal that would deliver 10 million N95 masks to New York City. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28967894/stephon-marbury-trying-get-masks-china-ny

This is why I am such a big fan of him. He's nutty, sure, but he's a good person and has a big heart. I've been a fan of his since I met him while he was in GT and never stopped being a fan.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Campster, see my post regarding my brother-in-law from yesterday. Caveat, I do not know anyone in the U.S. who has it, though I know of two individuals who have been tested, and it turned out negative. Caveat number two, we don't know that my brother-in-law in Phils died from it, and I assume we never will because they buried him within 24 hours of his death (for fear that he did have it) and I'm doubtful that the community clinic on the island where he lived would have the capacity to test. But his lungs just eventually lost the ability to take-in oxygen, and it all happened very rapidly.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

It's not a strange question until you call it a strange question and tell people to stay on topic. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, thecampster said:

I have a former colleague who said they have it via social media. I haven’t seen them in a couple of years, but they are posting about it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, High5 said:

It's not a strange question until you call it a strange question and tell people to stay on topic. 

Well the stay on topic thing is more about people who take anything and drive down lanes unintended.  I was talking with my son about reach today on this.  Estimated infection and death rates and then said...if it infects x number of 100 people and kills y of x.  You should know someone if you have Z number of friends in your circle. Got me thinking about my circle...how big it was and we were listing it.  About halfway through it hit me this site fits my circle.  Which is why I wanted first hand, not inferred knowledge.

Just now, cam1218 said:

I have a former colleague who said they have it via social media. I haven’t seen them in a couple of years, but they are posting about it.

Yes but that fits your circle. That's a first hand report and I accept it.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Campster, see my post regarding my brother-in-law from yesterday. Caveat, I do not know anyone in the U.S. who has it, though I know of two individuals who have been tested, and it turned out negative. Caveat number two, we don't know that my brother-in-law in Phils died from it, and I assume we never will because they buried him within 24 hours of his death (for fear that he did have it) and I'm doubtful that the community clinic on the island where he lived would have the capacity to test. But his lungs just eventually lost the ability to take-in oxygen, and it all happened very rapidly.

I am sorry to hear that but thank you for taking the time to respond.  I've asked this question a few places and what I'm finding is a number of people with a similar response.  "I know someone ill, but couldn't get a test or something like that."

My daughter-in-law runs a lab in Indiana that is handling testing. She and my son are adamant about social distancing right now and they've been talking about it since February. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, thecampster said:

I am sorry to hear that but thank you for taking the time to respond.  I've asked this question a few places and what I'm finding is a number of people with a similar response.  "I know someone ill, but couldn't get a test or something like that."

My daughter-in-law runs a lab in Indiana that is handling testing. She and my son are adamant about social distancing right now and they've been talking about it since February. 

The pandemic people who remained in the government were talking about it in January but couldn't get traction to start ramping up or putting it on people's radars the way we did earlier in March.  Definitely missed a window to prepare.

One of the people I do fantasy with has it.  Really hoping that he makes a full recovery and those in his house are able to avoid it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, thecampster said:

Well the stay on topic thing is more about people who take anything and drive down lanes unintended.  I was talking with my son about reach today on this.  Estimated infection and death rates and then said...if it infects x number of 100 people and kills y of x.  You should know someone if you have Z number of friends in your circle. Got me thinking about my circle...how big it was and we were listing it.  About halfway through it hit me this site fits my circle.  Which is why I wanted first hand, not inferred knowledge.

Yes but that fits your circle. That's a first hand report and I accept it.

I'd had the same thought strike me--just that it feels strange (nothing more than that, not at all suggesting wild conspiracy theories or anything) that I've spent significantly more time this past week on Facebook than normal, and you'd think that someone among the 500-ish people who are "friends" there would have either indicated they had it, or if not themselves, reported and posted, as I did, that someone in their own circles (some larger, some smaller than 500, no doubt) had contracted it, or worse.

But no. Just me.