• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Travis is just screwing with folks.   Hoping at the end of the day we stand pat unless we can grab Lonzo for scrubs and picks. 

Travis is a stand up guy, he doesn't screw with folks. Teams are business partners, and deals can only be made if there is trust and respect there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wiggins

Steve Kerr is losing hair just showcasing the guy. Bob Barker couldn’t showcase this guy. He can score 50 back to back games and it wouldn’t help showcase him. 

In fact, Lonzo is kinda like him in a way. They both do what they do in the most robotic 🤖 way possible with no feel whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, ooh, ohh, lemme guess, they gonna send us trash-a** Wiggins and punka** whOubre?  Yay?  Fkoutta heyuh

Bogi has a pricey trade kicker too. But TS and GS are tight, any deal would probably be a reasonable one. I think we havent quite seen the best of Bogi yet though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bogi has a pricey trade kicker too. But TS and GS are tight, any deal would probably be a reasonable one. I think we havent quite seen the best of Bogi yet though.

But, again, the problem is the trade only helps GS.  Doesn't factor us in at all other than facilitating what the other team wants/needs.

Also, IIUC, TS is moreso tight with the folks that are no longer running GS.  Larry Riley, Jerry West, etc.  Although I'm sure he has relationships with Bob Meyers and his group.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But, again, the problem is the trade only helps GS.  Doesn't factor us in at all other than facilitating what the other team wants/needs.

Also, IIUC, TS is moreso tight with the folks that are no longer running GS.  Larry Riley, Jerry West, etc.  Although I'm sure he has relationships with Bob Meyers and his group.

Avoid dealing with the Shmelts and Scrubs. Can we just send Bruno for a second round pick and call it a day?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I dont get worked up about trade rumors, so whatevs. We are playing well right now, I doubt we make a big move. Maybe we pick up Muscala or something like that.

36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont get worked up about trade rumors, so whatevs. We are playing well right now, I doubt we make a big move. Maybe we pick up Muscala or something like that.

It's just annoying, mildly so.  We shld be spending more time on how well the team has been doing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Initially I did like the Cam for Lonzo trade but now I just hope they stand pat. Let’s see how Cam looks under a new coach and I don’t want to give up on Bogi yet when he’s only played 17 games for us. He looks like he’s finally starting to catch his groove 

Cam has way more potential than Bogie and is much cheaper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All of these trade rumors massively benefit the other team both short term and long term over the Hawks. Sounds like Hawks national rumors to me. 

Kirschner parroting some of it is concerning for one of two reasons:

• There is legitimacy there and he is prepping Hawks fans
  • He is selling out his home team to gain some national brownie points

I understand the fit with Lonzo but I feel like he's an overpay waiting to happen.  Eye test isn't pleasing watching that guy shoot.  Call me crazy but I'm more confident in a Bogi shooting 30% from 3 than Lonzo shooting 40%.  Context matters

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Kirschner parroting some of it is concerning for one of two reasons:

• There is legitimacy there and he is prepping Hawks fans
  • He is selling out his home team to gain some national brownie points

I understand the fit with Lonzo but I feel like he's an overpay waiting to happen.  Eye test isn't pleasing watching that guy shoot.  Call me crazy but I'm more confident in a Bogi shooting 30% from 3 than Lonzo shooting 40%.  Context matters

Why is it concerning that the Hawks are involved in potential trade talks for a good player? Once a trade is actually made then we render verdict on the deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Why is it concerning that the Hawks are involved in potential trade talks for a good player? Once a trade is actually made then we render verdict on the deal.

The proposed trade in the referenced trade talks are awful for the Hawks.  Kirschner is our beat writer and should recognize that, and he should be either questioning the source or proposing something that makes more sense, not just parroting national media writers that are plugging players in a trade matcher while referencing their stats on bballref

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The proposed trade in the referenced trade talks are awful for the Hawks.  Kirschner is our beat writer and should recognize that, and he should be either questioning the source or proposing something that makes more sense, not just parroting national media writers that are plugging players in a trade matcher while referencing their stats on bballref

Details of trade aren't known. These things are fluid.