• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

Kleber? Omg, the only Kleber I like is the elf 🧝‍♂️ I likes me cookies 🍪!

This was purposed by the Texaschick guy from Realgm huh, the mod that abuses his powers. By the way, when Lloyd got fired that dude said it was Schlenk’s fault because he constructed the team. 😂 

Mavs fan are delusional. 

I’d trade Bruno for Kleber..maybe.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What is Travis doing?  Now he is inquiring about Norm Powell?  Where would he play??? 

Norman is a baller. Been wanting him for a few years. He was my guy to Supes Torrey Craig obsession. Watched him a bit at UCLA and always played hard. Having said that, I don’t wanna give up any current players for him, and Bruno and 2nd round picks prolly won’t get it done.

Stand pat. 8 straight wins. We can’t 94 Nique trade this up. Let the team continue to build. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kleber? Omg, the only Kleber I like is the elf 🧝‍♂️ I likes me cookies 🍪!

This was purposed by the Texaschick guy from Realgm huh, the mod that abuses his powers. By the way, when Lloyd got fired that dude said it was Schlenk’s fault because he constructed the team. 😂 

Mavs fan are delusional. 

I’d trade Bruno for Kleber..maybe.

Texas chuck is a dickhead

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Texas chuck is a dickhead

Ya I can’t believe he’s a mod. He literally baits people in like a crooked cop 👮‍♀️ that ain’t right. Then he opens bs threads and when you respond to them and he doesn’t like it or is getting clowned he locks it. He’s the typical kid that takes his ball 🏀 the only ball on the playground and leaves when he loses. I have zero respect for that guy. I’m sorry. We can have disagreements and I’ll respect ✊🏿 that but don’t play like that, it’s just lame.

56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Stand pat. 8 straight wins. We can’t 94 Nique trade this up. Let the team continue to build. 

THIS!!!

The Hawks better not d a damn thing or there's a good chance they might mess up the good chemistry they're building and sink this ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

What is Travis doing?  Now he is inquiring about Norm Powell?  Where would he play??? 

Why would you presume Travis is doing anything other than answer the phone? Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. I don't know. But I sure as he'll ain't taking some best writers word for it. Especially one from another market or a national media guy. 

• Like 1

I’m actually a little worried we are going to trade cam.

I know it’s just rumors but I’m starting to have that feeling about cam I once had for JC and my feeling about JC was correct until this past season with his defense improving majorly .

what if Schlenk is thinking of taking this build in a different approach ???...lonzo gives you another defender and very good playmaker and his shooting has improved. We immediately think “oh he wouldn’t come off the bench behind Trae”...who said they see him as a bench player???

im not completely convinced a trae + lonzo backcourt can’t survive. In fact I know it can survive as lonzo would create and get shots for trae plus others. Elite teams always tend to have two playmakers somewhere within the starting 5. Huerter and Bogi are just ok at playmaking.

im certainly not pushing out reddish because the upside and high end potential with reddish is that dude could become a star two way player but I’m not convinced he’d ever be a good playmaker necessarily. So again to me it kind of just depends on what Schlenk is thinking as the team moves forward.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

lonzo gives you another defender and very good playmaker and his shooting has improved.

See how this works - Lonzo is in his 4th season and his shooting has finally improved. Cam has played 84 games.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

See how this works - Lonzo is in his 4th season and his shooting has finally improved. Cam has played 84 games.

I’m not dismissing cam from improving. I’m saying it’s not crazy to question IF the team is going in a different direction than originally planned. 

11 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m actually a little worried we are going to trade cam.

I know it’s just rumors but I’m starting to have that feeling about cam I once had for JC and my feeling about JC was correct until this past season with his defense improving majorly .

what if Schlenk is thinking of taking this build in a different approach ???...lonzo gives you another defender and very good playmaker and his shooting has improved. We immediately think “oh he wouldn’t come off the bench behind Trae”...who said they see him as a bench player???

im not completely convinced a trae + lonzo backcourt can’t survive. In fact I know it can survive as lonzo would create and get shots for trae plus others. Elite teams always tend to have two playmakers somewhere within the starting 5. Huerter and Bogi are just ok at playmaking.

im certainly not pushing out reddish because the upside and high end potential with reddish is that dude could become a star two way player but I’m not convinced he’d ever be a good playmaker necessarily. So again to me it kind of just depends on what Schlenk is thinking as the team moves forward.

Oh, I think it is a possibility.  The guy I feel like Travis wanted all season in the draft was Lamelo Ball, and the ping pong balls did not fall the Hawks way to get him.  Travis had the idea of adding Lamelo to the same back court as Trae.  Now, Lonzo isn't as dynamic as Lamelo.  He's a better defender but is not the explosive scorer that Lamelo can be.  

Travis spent a lot of time in Australia scouting Lamelo this past season, and I'd be willing to bet that part of that scouting was getting to know the Ball family as a whole.  

12 hours ago, JTB said:

im not completely convinced a trae + lonzo backcourt can’t survive. In fact I know it can survive as lonzo would create and get shots for trae plus others. Elite teams always tend to have two playmakers somewhere within the starting 5

I think Lanzo is a good player and if he was here, I'd support him, but I can't help but picture the Rockets with Harden and Chris Paul in the backcourt together when I see this.  I'm not saying it won't work, but I'd just as soon not find out.  Would rather just keep the course steady and see what kind of internal improvement the young players make. 

With that said, I'm well aware that ONE way to utilize all the young assets is to trade them into more experienced players so I get that we may not see Kevin or Cam's prime in Atlanta.  But for now, a trade for Ball wouldn't be my first choice.  

Since this is the trade thread...

Anyone see the BR report about Boston / Atlanta with JC talks.  It's freaking hilarious in an obnoxious, arrogant boston kind of way.  

The Atlanta Hawks reportedly put a steep price tag on John Collins in trade negotiations with the Boston Celtics.

Jared Weiss and Sam Amick of The Athletic reported the Hawks expressed a desire to land Jaylen Brown when made aware of Boston's interest in Collins. Not surprisingly, a swap involving Brown "was not going anywhere unless Atlanta was looking to include Trae Young and DeAndre Hunter, their two main building blocks."

So let me get this straight....Boston is willing to trade Jaylen Brown for Collins, Trae, and Hunter.  LOL.  

• Haha 2

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Since this is the trade thread...

Anyone see the BR report about Boston / Atlanta with JC talks.  It's freaking hilarious in an obnoxious, arrogant boston kind of way.  

The Atlanta Hawks reportedly put a steep price tag on John Collins in trade negotiations with the Boston Celtics.

Jared Weiss and Sam Amick of The Athletic reported the Hawks expressed a desire to land Jaylen Brown when made aware of Boston's interest in Collins. Not surprisingly, a swap involving Brown "was not going anywhere unless Atlanta was looking to include Trae Young and DeAndre Hunter, their two main building blocks."

So let me get this straight....Boston is willing to trade Jaylen Brown for Collins, Trae, and Hunter.  LOL.  

Sounds about right for Boston.  "You know that team that is doing better than you this season?  They would like your 2nd best young player in a trade."  Ainge:   "I'd like their three best young players and three leading scorers in return."

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

No Celtics and no Warriors trades. Keep them out.

I don't mind the Warriors but they have nothing available on that roster that I want.  IMO we should wait until the offseason if we want to make any big moves unless there are some serious overpay offers coming our way.

• Thanks 1