Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Upon further review...

There's no shortage of seeming interest in Holmes league-wide. Likely would cost substantially more than Bruno/Goodwin/2nd rounder. Not sure we could be serious players without giving up a 1st round pick, at minimum.

Yup. I’m sure a lot of teams want him. What’s his contract look like? I didn’t check. If he’s a free agent this summer you could probably get him for cheaper than expected. If he’s signed for another year or two you’d probably be looking at giving up a bit of talent to acquire him.

I’ve mentioned Robin Lopez as well. He would add toughness and interior D, wouldn’t need the ball at all but does the little things. Set very wide picks, this is important because some guys know how to set those wide screens and illegally shift their feet to free up their guards, that would help Trae even more by adding another 0.1-0.3 seconds off the wide body screen of the mascot hating Lopez.

Just checked and Holmes and Lopez will both be free agents after this year while Zubac remains under a friendly contract for another 2 years after this one.

Would have to pony up more for Zubac most likely.

Happy with any of the three.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 3/11/2021 at 3:25 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm responding here and not in the coaches search thread.

1. Rondo for Mason Plumlee and a 2nd

2. Rondo and OKC 1st for George Hill, Mike Muscala and a 2nd.

Revising the 2nd trade:

Bruno Fernando or Brandon Goodwin for Mike Muscala. 

Bruno/Brandon gets a chance to start over, Hawks get a veteran Center.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Revising the 2nd trade:

Bruno Fernando or Brandon Goodwin for Mike Muscala. 

Bruno/Brandon gets a chance to start over, Hawks get a veteran Center.

Actually, let's do Solomon Hill for Mike Muscala.

We keep our plethora of wings and guards and roll with Capela, JC, Gallo, Muscala and Knight as our bigs.

14 hours ago, sturt said:

The theme of my sermons for a long while now has been patience. Genuinely believe you're not going to get much out of Bruno for another year, but that if he's given a normal year to develop, he's going to pay some handsome rewards.

Having said that, if we assume that's just not going to be allowed to happen, then here's a trade that, with a 2nd rounder thrown-in for good measure, I could imagine SAC considering b/c Holmes is an expiring. Might not be convincing, so might take something more, but might be worth it.

LWR_Recording.png

Why Holmes and not Whiteside?

Simple. If you're going to put another big on the roster, he not only needs to be a legitimate defensive asset, but also someone you can insert into close games where hack-a-Capela otherwise could work against us. Whiteside doesn't help in that way, whereas Holmes is 80%.

Holmes is worth way more than that. Kings decline that immediately.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

This is TraderTrav madman move for me. I don't hate it but its coming out from left field for me. This would all but guarantee the Hawks being a luxury team next season. I see Ball getting a RFA offer somewhere between 15 and 20 million. Then add in Collins. We can also kiss resigning Snell goodbye as well.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

We have $101 million in guaranteed salaries for next season. Salary cap is projected to be $112 million. That leaves $11 million in capspace if every other player is renounced including Collins (very unlikely), Snell, Bruno, Goodwin etc.

Add in Collins' $10 mil caphold, we'd have $111 million when FAcy starts.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have $101 million in guaranteed salaries for next season. Salary cap is projected to be $112 million. That leaves $11 million in capspace if every other player is renounced including Collins (very unlikely), Snell, Bruno, Goodwin etc.

Math is a hard subject for some people to understand.  Good work though but half the board won't understand what you just so eloquently explained to them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mrhonline said:

It's hard to take seriously rumors that claim the Hawks have cap space in the offseason.

The Ringer is moving to the bottom of the barrel in Basketball sites with Robert Littal's Black Sports Online which is a gossip site and Clutch Points which posts a lot of fake rumors and trade requests. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe we can free up a little cash by trading Rondo.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think O'Connor reasoning is Atlanta would have cap space as they would help Boston and Daddy Ainge by giving them JC and Bogi for cap space and 1st rounders. So Atlanta can throw their young core in the trash to create a new young core around Zo Ball who has likely no interest in the Hawks and mid 1st rounders. Smart... Sounds like something Atlanta is dying to do.

• Haha 3

Ughhhh now the Warriors want Bogi!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU CANT HAVE HIMMMM!!! 

The Golden State Warriors have reportedly "shown interest" in Atlanta Hawks guard Bogdan Bogdanovic ahead of Thursday's 2021 NBA trade deadline.

Shams Charania of The Athletic reported the update on Bogdanovic, who's in the first season of a four-year, $72 million contract with the Hawks. 

• Thanks 1