• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

it’s brutal knowing Rondo is on the books next season for another $7.5 million. With the way he’s played, the Hawks likely would have to give up a pick to get off his contract

Can someone explain this to me. He becomes a valuable expiring contract next year for contract filler. Is there such thing as a bad 2 year NBA deal? Why has this become such a thing?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dakin said:

Can someone explain this to me. He becomes a valuable expiring contract next year for contract filler. Is there such thing as a bad 2 year NBA deal? Why has this become such a thing?

Like, why the hell would the hawks trade a pick to save 7.5 million??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Dakin said:

27 minutes ago, Dakin said:

Like, why the hell would the hawks trade a pick to save 7.5 million??

Because of the reluctance to pay Collins a MAX, there is this perception that the Hawks have salary cap issues for next season.  They don't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because of the reluctance to pay Collins a MAX, there is this perception that the Hawks have salary cap issues for next season. 

But Rondo's (perfectly reasonable) contract has no implications for Collin's status. You're saying it's a media perception thing?

edit: after re-reading that's obviously what you're saying. Every NBA podcast I listen to kills the hawks for the rondo contract though, which is crazy to me. 

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Dakin said:

But Rondo's (perfectly reasonable) contract has no implications for Collin's status. You're saying it's a media perception thing?

edit: after re-reading that's obviously what you're saying. Every NBA podcast I listen to kills the hawks for the rondo contract though, which is crazy to me. 

Kirschner should know better.  It would be different if Rondo was a locker room issue but by all accounts he has been a great vet to the young guys.  His play hasn't always been great but he has had his moments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kirschner should know better.  It would be different if Rondo was a locker room issue but by all accounts he has been a great vet to the young guys.  His play hasn't always been great but he has had his moments. 

I'm not a big Kirschner guy. He comes across as someone who literally doesn't  care about the team he's covering. I wish Brad Rowland had his job. 

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dakin said:

I'm not a big Kirschner guy. He comes across as someone who literally doesn't  care about the team he's covering. I wish Brad Rowland had his job. 

The guy gets paid to cover an NBA team but seems to have literally no idea how NBA contracts work. 

2 hours ago, Dakin said:

The guy gets paid to cover an NBA team but seems to have literally no idea how NBA contracts work. 

2 hours ago, Dakin said:

I’m actually very surprised. I feel that Kirschner has provided some of the best content for the hawks since the late great Sekou Smith.

that’s just my opinion of course. I don’t always agree with his personal opinions but his articles about the hawks are well written most of the time and he ask good questions to the players and staff. He’s done a very good job so far for the most part 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 1:49 PM, kg01 said:

Yes, the Jackets did win the ACC tournament last night. 

BR wanted to suggest college team to root for if we didn’t have one, which I don’t. Well I do, as far as my alumn but we aren’t ever good.

I need a team to root for in the tourney. Any suggestions on a fun team that plays unselfishly?

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

BR wanted to suggest college team to root for if we didn’t have one, which I don’t. Well I do, as far as my alumn but we aren’t ever good.

I need a team to root for in the tourney. Any suggestions on a fun team that plays unselfishly?

I dunno but your Atlanta Hawks have made a choice ....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I might ride with your Jackets but I just took the Espn test on which team to root for and got Alabama. 🤔 Just because I voted for liking a fast paced team, with a mix of upper and lower class men, and mascots scare me. 😆 Is Bama good? I have watched 0 minutes of college basketball this year. Not even highlights. I banked on the Hawks not having a high pick so I didn’t put much time in. Bama had your boy sexy Sex a few years back. 😉 

Here is the test btw.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30842084/which-team-root-ncaa-tournament

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The Jammer is running 2019 back so I was trying to get informed and fill out a bracket. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to watch even highlights of teams so this year might be based on which team my pup puts his paws 🐾 on! 😊 

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Jammer is running 2019 back so I was trying to get informed and fill out a bracket. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to watch even highlights of teams so this year might be based on which team my pup puts his paws 🐾 on! 😊 

Listen, I'm not tryna sway the judges but ... oh, who left this here .... (the dejection of #22 at the 18second mark tho) ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listen, I'm not tryna sway the judges but ... oh, who left this here .... (the dejection of #22 at the 18second mark tho) ...

If I have no team I generally root for a Atlanta based team (Lions fan NFL but support Falcons when we don’t play them) probably here as well. Although being a Cali dude I have a soft soft for sibling’s alumn Cal and Stanford and also UCLA, USC ( a bit less), SDSU and UCSB.

So I guess I got 4?

Tech/SDSU/UCSB/USC this year... 

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Everyone is taking Loyola Chicago won’t to be mistaken with Loyola Marymount and the lovely lefty tribute to Hank by Bo Kim.

Ill root for GT but I’ve ready some things that make me wanna pick LC. It’s the only game in round 1 I am stuck on. Whoever wins it’ll be by a bucket I bet. But that’s where bookies make their money 💰.

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

So who is the person that wont be able to join the team because of Covid? Is it is player or not? Pastner was being kinda vague.

1. I don't know but 2. rumblings are it's not a player.

Ohhh, just like that, bleachk has a "source".  You're now the Chris Broussard of the squawk.  Congrats?