• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Yeah, not looking great. The market might be a little tight for him next year. Maybe McMillan can sway him.  

Miami, Dallas and New York all have capspace this offseason - Hawks don't.

• Premium Member

Another player of interest for the Celtics: Hawks big man John Collins, sources said. Atlanta’s asking price has been steep for Collins, however: A high-level first-round draft pick and/or a talented young player.

The market for Tucker, Drummond, Aldridge and more: Latest NBA trade talk and intel – The Athletic

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta has also inquired about wing players on the market in recent weeks, sources said.

With Cam supposedly on a 4-6 week absence and Hawks looking to add a wing via trade:  Who are the available wings on the trade market and what are you willing to trade?

The market for Tucker, Drummond, Aldridge and more: Latest NBA trade talk and intel – The Athletic

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So the Hawks have an asking price for John?  Sound like someone is on the market to me.

I don't think there was ever a discussion that he wasn't. Like I mentioned previously, he has been on the market since last season's trade deadline.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Anyone on our team not named Trae is potentially on the market. I'm still hoping they just give Collins his money in the offseason and keep him.

The big difference for JC is that he is a pending RFA which means that he is on everyone's shopping list until taken off.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

The big difference for JC is that he is a pending RFA which means that he is on everyone's shopping list until taken off.  

That's true. They should have already given him his money. It looks like a Smoove situation where we match in the offseason. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's true. They should have already given him his money. It looks like a Smoove situation where we match in the offseason. 

I just don't mind us matching in the offseason.  That doesn't hurt my head at all.  There was risk with JC given his drug issue last year and questions about fits on a deeper team this year.  He has answered a lot of those questions and so the Hawks should be more comfortable ponying up at whatever price the market sets.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The untouchables 

Trae Young ($6.8 million) — There’s no realistic scenario where Young is traded. He’s the franchise centerpiece and will be for years to come. The only way Young is traded any time soon is if he forced his way out of Atlanta. Young is eligible for a max extension this offseason (it won’t kick in until the 2022-2023 season), and it would be shocking if he didn’t receive an offer on the first day he’s eligible.

De’Andre Hunter ($7.4 million) — We’ve seen quite the rise for Hunter in Year 2, even though he’s only played in 18 games this season, mainly because he looks nothing — and I mean nothing — like the player we saw in his rookie season. Hunter went from a mostly invisible, middling rookie to a clear-cut No. 2 option.

Likeliest trade candidates 

John Collins ($4.1 million) — Collins is one of the biggest names across the NBA to watch in the coming days ahead of the trade deadline. The Hawks have received calls on his availability dating back to last season. Minnesota tried acquiring him in the four-team trade that netted Atlanta Clint Capela at the deadline last year; the Timberwolves are still one of the teams interested in him this year.

Tony Snell ($12.2 million) — Who would have predicted Snell was going to be an important player for the Hawks this season? He’s played very well in the extended absences of Hunter and Cam Reddish and has found himself in the starting lineup because of their injuries. 

Difficult to trade

Bogdan Bogdanovic ($18 million) — It’s a small sample size, but Bogdanovic has looked rough in a Hawks uniform so far....a 15 percent trade kicker and a player option in Year 4. If the Hawks were to trade Bogdanovic, they would have to pay the trade kicker bonus to Bogdanovic.

Kris Dunn ($4.8 million) — Dunn hasn’t played in an NBA game since Jan. 31, 2020. 

Rajon Rondo ($7.5 million) — It’s brutal knowing Rondo is on the books next season for another $7.5 million. With the way he’s played, the Hawks likely would have to give up a pick to get off his contract

No reason to trade right now

Skylar Mays (two-way contract) 

Onyeka Okongwu ($5.8 million) 

Salary filler/no real trade value  

Bruno Fernando ($1.5 million) 

Brandon Goodwin ($1.7 million)

Solomon Hill ($2.2 million) — Hill has had a much-bigger-than-expected role for the Hawks this season because of the injuries this team has had..........With Hunter and Dunn expected back in the coming weeks, Hill’s playing time is going to decrease.

Nathan Knight (two-way contract) 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't get the Snell thing.  The reasons he'd be coveted are the reasons we shouldn't trade him.

The rest on Snell is about paring his salary with JC to bring back a player with $21 million in salary.  I would love to know who that $21 mil player is that makes sense and keep us in the playoff hunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The rest on Snell is about paring his salary with JC to bring back a player with $21 million in salary.  I would love to know who that $21 mil player is that makes sense and keep us in the playoff hunt.

How about JC, Snell and Rondo for Giannis?  :stirthepot:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1