• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would work with Minny on a swap trade of JC for KAT, I would even throw in some fluff and a draft pick. But he is all I want from them. And that's honestly the only trade that makes sense for me. 

I think they wanna pair them together do ant and Kat prolly untouchable

19 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would work with Minny on a swap trade of JC for KAT, I would even throw in some fluff and a draft pick. But he is all I want from them. And that's honestly the only trade that makes sense for me. 

Only way they happens is if KAT insists he wants out. But if KAT was to be traded, there would be quite a bit of competition. We would probably get out bid, or the price was so steep we might be better off just matching JC. They would want JC, draft picks and more.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Heurter, Snell and OKC’s first for Olidipo. 

There are so many reasons this is a no, let me count the ways:

1. He's an UFA with rumblings that he wants to go to the Heat

2. He recently turned down a 2yr/$45 mil extension meaning he's looking for waaaay more which we will HAVE TO pony up or we just wasted assets.

3. Injured, again - we already have 1 injured SG coming off injury (Bogi) that is struggling, Dipo is also struggling since his return.

4. 56% from 3

5. Huerter and Snell are healthy

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Only way they happens is if KAT insists he wants out. But if KAT was to be traded, there would be quite a bit of competition. We would probably get out bid, or the price was so steep we might be better off just matching JC. They would want JC, draft picks and more.

Here's some of what Minny fans think:

1. Capela, Collins and  Hunter for KAT is a fair price.

2. Beasley, Culver Hernandez and a pick for Collins

3. Beasly, Culver for Collins, Snell and Reddish

4. Rubio, Layman, Reid for Collins and Okongwu

Then the biggest blockbuster of them all:

5. Towns, Edwards, McDaniels for Collins (if a guarantee to sign here), Capela, Huerter, Reddish and 4 frps. At least two need to be unprotected.

No to ALL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's some of what Minny fans think:

1. Capela, Collins and  Hunter for KAT is a fair price.

2. Beasley, Culver Hernandez and a pick for Collins

3. Beasly, Culver for Collins, Snell and Reddish

4. Rubio, Layman, Reid for Collins and Okongwu

Then the biggest blockbuster of them all:

5. Towns, Edwards, McDaniels for Collins (if a guarantee to sign here), Capela, Huerter, Reddish and 4 frps. At least two need to be unprotected.

Thumbs down to those. The fact that GS has control of their draft pick, which is probably the only thing available that we might want, makes a trade to them unlikely. They aren't trading KAT or ANT.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There are so many reasons this is a no, let me count the ways:

1. He's an UFA with rumblings that he wants to go to the Heat

2. He recently turned down a 2yr/$45 mil extension meaning he's looking for waaaay more which we will HAVE TO pony up or we just wasted assets.

3. Injured, again - we already have 1 injured SG coming off injury (Bogi) that is struggling, Dipo is also struggling since his return.

4. 56% from 3

5. Huerter and Snell are healthy

All good points. However, you only make the deal if you can agree on a resigning for a reasonable price. A Bogi like deal would be reasonable to me with some incentives based on health. It is risky, but he provides the one element that we don’t have outside of Trae if we want to seriously compete. The ability to create his own shot at a high level.   The first is a lot but if he is traded, someone (Golden State) will through in a first for him. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

All good points. However, you only make the deal if you can agree on a resigning for a reasonable price. A Bogi like deal would be reasonable to me with some incentives based on health. It is risky, but he provides the one element that we don’t have outside of Trae if we want to seriously compete. The ability to create his own shot at a high level.   The first is a lot but if he is traded, someone (Golden State) will through in a first for him. 

He's already turned down more per year than Bogi's deal, so offering him less than he already turned turn won't get a conversation started.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's already turned down more per year than Bogi's deal, so offering him less than he already turned turn won't get a conversation started.

Yeah, not looking great. The market might be a little tight for him next year. Maybe McMillan can sway him.