• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

If any suggestion or rumor is from Boston, be it Ainge or a Fan site, my blinders are on. Better to watch Australian Rules Football  than waste the energy. They are in a different reality. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Denver has a lot of interest in JC but Atlanta only has one want from Denver and they have been reluctant to move that said player. If MPJ becomes available, watch out. MPJ is someone they been wanting to move for Beal lack of willingness to be traded and WAS lack of willingness to trade him is real. 

If there is a deal out there that could happen with JC, watch for this. It seems like all of the other deals just aren't close for most of our Hawk players.

Other than this one, I would be shocked if the Hawks make a move. They will ride with what they got otherwise. 

I think that Denver rumor is the one I would love to see if it does happen because MPJ is a good player but I wonder what would be the framework for this, do we have to give up a pick or Denver added something else to it.

Removing the dollar bills involved here which of course is not reality. Capela, JC and Hunter as our thirty minutes plus front court per game is a front court I would love to see in Atlanta for several years and see where it could take us. Injury recovery for Clint from last year and the horrible timing of the injury to Hunter this season has screwed what we need to witness up a great deal. Individually am on board with each of these guys. All three are a bonus player to me but we are faced with the JC max thing. At this point just don't see us getting back to these three's production as a part of our core anytime soon. 

• Like 1

Im not doing anything with Boston. Time to let them crumble under their unfulfilled expectations and cocky leadership.

I dont want to do anything that could help them. Just let them slowly (d)evolve into the pre-Doc Sixers. They will self implode on their own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

No.  I never said we should sign Derrick Favors and I only had a brief flirtation with Collin Sexton ... which, based on his current play, I probably should've trusted my first instinct on him.

BOS has three players that have actual trade value and none of them are available.

Semi(pro) Ojeleye barely belongs in the league.  I don't care if he can rip a phonebook in half with his bare hands.  Teague is a shell of a shell of his former self.  Tristan is good for some solid play every once in a while.

This trade proposal is wildly less than intriguing and that's putting it mildly.

I see.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

I can dig MPJ, and as a four he would help balance our lineup even more. Him and Hunter as face up and back to basket guys with size and handles could be a matchup nightmare for teams.

Im still not feeling Bogi at starting SG though.

Just start Cam or Snell for defense..We dont need them to score much if we had Trae, Hunter, and MPjr, out there..lol

Edited by terrell

On 3/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, NBASupes said:

I actually just spoke with him on the Hawks. 

Snell, Bruno, Dunn, Rondo are available at the right price. Snell though due to injuries is highly valued for where he was in JAN. Dunn is not available but he is if they can get the right type of player as mentioned below. Gallo or Bogi is not available. None of the core kids are either. JC is available but not really. Atlanta wants a top 5-10 pick for him or an equal young player. A lot of teams have interest in JC but the asking price is extremely high for most. JC is a fall back plan for most teams. There is still this thought that he could end up back in Atlanta. It's all about the market. Teams feel JC is worth exactly what Atlanta offered and while some are willing to go over 90 million, it's not that much over is what he's hearing. 

Knicks are interested in a 3 way deal with Atlanta where Randle goes to Atlanta, JC, Mitch Rob, and Snell to MIN, and KAT goes to NY while a lot of picks goes to MIN but MIN and ATL have shown no interest so far. Knicks are trying to get a superstar as quiet as it's kept. KAT is their primary target. Next is Booker who loves PHX right now. 

Hawks aren't buyers or salers yet but have had interest in Eric Bledsoe I've heard. The thing about Bledsoe is Atlanta could get him without trading a 1st or Snell either. Dunn/Rondo can land them Bledsoe. 

Atlanta has also talked to New Orleans about Redick. 

To @TheNorthCydeRises happiness or sadness, Bruno has been added to the available list. He's mainly a salary filler at this stage if moved. 

Hawks do believe that they have a shot to not only make the playoffs but get homecourt and they are fighting to be a top 4 seed. 

Nothing big outside of the Knicks snooping around is happening right now. 

Oladipo, Gordon, and Forniner are getting a lot of buzz but I was told the price is really high for them. Oladipo seems to be getting the most buzz. Memphis has been linked to him the most he said. Houston wants a top 10 protected 1st for VO. 

Expect JC interest to pick up soon, although he's likely to NOT be traded. Once again, teams around the league DON'T feel he's worth this type of money and many think Atlanta offer was excellent. His value is his RFA status which is why Atlanta wants SO MUCH for him. 

He didn't mention anything about us targeting a center right now. 

Lonzo Ball is another player teams like but like JC, the price is massive. Orlando has spoke on potentially bringing Ball to ORL. 

Note: Orlando wants to make a push for the playoffs. They are NOT in sell mode. They are only in asset mode and if they can land one or trade their players for some, they are fine with that. The cost for their players is HIGH. 

Houston is selling but outside of Tucker, I was told, not for cheap. Tucker is expected to be traded. 

Blake Griffin is getting some calls to return back to LAC if brought out. With Batum success and the lack of PF depth, LAC is interested in the return of the greatest Clipper of all time. 

The biggest players that should be moved is DeRozan and Oladipo. I was told that both have high value cost but teams feel the price is reasonable. DeRozan to Charlotte just seems like it can be a thing. Pop likes Rozier too. A lot of these borderline teams are looking for that player to get them over the edge. 

Oh, almost forgot, Lowry also is available and for cheap but I was told, he's unlikely to be moved as he wants to go to a contender. This is not new news. This is just confirmed. His contract and demands makes things hard. 

Shams has pretty much nailed things. Boston wants Grant but he's gonna cost Boston their life assets wise, LMAO!

Randle is a baller with only 1 yr left on a good contract. Interesting..Tell the Knicks to throw in Quickley and I'm aboard..lol. I'dHate to lose Snell right now though..He's on FIRE!

On 3/5/2021 at 6:51 AM, NBASupes said:

Denver has a lot of interest in JC but Atlanta only has one want from Denver and they have been reluctant to move that said player. If MPJ becomes available, watch out. MPJ is someone they been wanting to move for Beal lack of willingness to be traded and WAS lack of willingness to trade him is real. 

If there is a deal out there that could happen with JC, watch for this. It seems like all of the other deals just aren't close for most of our Hawk players.

Other than this one, I would be shocked if the Hawks make a move. They will ride with what they got otherwise. 

Supes... I recall Michael Porter Jr slipping on draft night due to his back injury.  I thought his family had a history of injury history.  It’s taken him a few years to heal up but do you think it’s worth the gamble to trade for injury prone MPJ? 

9 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

Supes... I recall Michael Porter Jr slipping on draft night due to his back injury.  I thought his family had a history of injury history.  It’s taken him a few years to heal up but do you think it’s worth the gamble to trade for injury prone MPJ? 

Honestly, I am not even sure.

I've heard a rumor.  I don't remember where.

"Expect the Hawks to make a small move by the trade deadline."

(What ever that means.  I don't know either.)

:search:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

Last I remember was hearing reports that his entire family was vegan and him and his brothers all had ligament issues throughout their lives. During a game some announcer said once he was in the league someone offered him bacon and he couldn't turn it down and never looked back -- no longer vegan and he's been healthy. I'd roll the dice on him. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, warcore said:

Last I remember was hearing reports that his entire family was vegan and him and his brothers all had ligament issues throughout their lives. During a game some announcer said once he was in the league someone offered him bacon and he couldn't turn it down and never looked back -- no longer vegan and he's been healthy. I'd roll the dice on him. 

No offense but that is a very silly take.  Research does not back this up at all.  Unless they were malnourished there is no risk for “ligament issues” from a vegan diet.  And the opposite (whole food, lean meats, and dare I say it even vegetarian/vegan diets) is actually becoming more prominent with athletes to improve performance as the research bears this out as being more beneficial.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

No offense but that is a very silly take.  Research does not back this up at all.  Unless they were malnourished there is no risk for “ligament issues” from a vegan diet.  And the opposite (whole food, lean meats, and dare I say it even vegetarian/vegan diets) is actually becoming more prominent with athletes to improve performance as the research bears this out as being more beneficial.

Major offense taken. Never said this was from research. Just said what an NBA announcer said. Don't shoot the silly messenger. 

5 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

But since you mentioned it! Can you share this research that shows vegan diets are more beneficial for athletes? Now I'm curious. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, warcore said:

But since you mentioned it! Can you share this research that shows vegan diets are more beneficial for athletes? Now I'm curious. 

I hope I truly did not offend you.  That was not my intention.  I just have a passion for this topic.  A few articles:

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-healthfitness/Fulltext/2016/03000/WHOLE_FOODS_NUTRITION_FOR_ENHANCED_INJURY.5.aspx

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0192-9

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/what-7-elite-vegan-athletes-eat-get-and-stay-ultra-jacked/

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/70/3/570s/4715021

This is just a few I quickly found.  I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

1.The first link, Wolters Kluwer, is a reputable source. I don't see evidence suggesting vegan diet being superior for athletes:
Many athletes already consume enough protein or even excessive amounts of protein, often through supplementation with powders. However, many athletes may not be eating protein in an optimal pattern to maximize muscle protein synthesis. To ensure optimal healing, athletes should consume protein consistently and distribute it evenly throughout the day at 20 to 30 g per meal or snack, rather than back-loading protein at dinner, which is common in American culture. A portion with 20 to 30 g of protein equates to one of these: 3 eggs; 1 cup cottage cheese; 1 cup Greek yogurt; 3 to 4 oz of meat, poultry, or fish; two thirds of a 14-oz cake of firm tofu; or 1.25 cups of black beans. Vegetarians also can get quality protein from soy-based food. Almond milk is popular, but it is low in protein compared with cow or soy milk.
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) such as leucine, isoleucine, and valine are used clinically to boost healing after musculoskeletal injury or surgery. Individuals suffering from physical trauma need to rapidly manufacture new body tissues while making sure that cells not affected by the injury remain healthy. Some studies have shown that BCAAs have a special capacity to boost protein synthesis and inhibit protein breakdown that none of the other amino acids have. Of the BCAAs, leucine may be the most useful (
8) and can be found readily in food such as chicken breast, lean beef, tuna, salmon, turkey breast, eggs, and peanuts.

2. BMC also seems to be reputable:

Vegan athletes however appear to consume less protein than their omnivorous and vegetarian counterparts [11]. The optimisation of protein intakes for vegan athlete requires that attention is paid to the quantity and quality of protein consumed [41]. Plant-based protein sources are often incomplete, missing important essential amino acids, and typically contain less Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) than their animal-based equivalents [34, 35]. Leucine appears to be a primary trigger of MPS, and plays an important role in promoting recovery and adaptation from exercise

3. Men's Journal? This is not a reputable source. It's plagued with advertisement and clearly has an agenda. Not even going to waste my time with this. Just another company that's riding the popular 'natural means safe' misconception that most of the world has fallen to in order to make billions of dollars off mislead individuals. Natural does NOT mean safe. If it did, why don't you see people eating water hemlock and Jimson weed more commonly?

4. Oxford is also a reputable source but this article is over 20 years old and is more of a hypothetical hope:

A vegetarian diet per se is not associated with improved aerobic endurance performance; however, other benefits make this dietary regimen worthy of consideration by serious athletes
A well-planned vegetarian diet can provide athletes with adequate amounts of all known nutrients, although the potential for suboptimal iron, zinc, trace element, and protein intake exists if the diet is too restrictive. 

Thank you for sharing these! I'm still not seeing good evidence that favors vegetarian diet for athletes though. It's clear that many people hope that that's true because so many people see others making billions of dollars over natural medicine products that have not been tested, essential oils, and the like. It's become extremely popular, yes. But popular doesn't mean factual or effective. 

I think I'll take the advice from the 3 good sources and continue to feed myself from my gardens as well as animal products from my QOM trips to Costco. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, warcore said:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1