• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Buyout Center Candidates, who are they?

Andre Drummond, Robin Lopez, Hassan Whiteside, Javale McGee, Gorgui Dieng, LMA, PJ Tucker

Who do you like for the Hawks? We'd have to trade/release one if Bruno or Goodwin - most likely a Goodwin release.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Buyout Center Candidates, who are they?

Andre Drummond, Robin Lopez, Hassan Whiteside, Javale McGee, Gorgui Dieng, LMA, PJ Tucker

Who do you like for the Hawks? We'd have to trade/release one if Bruno or Goodwin - most likely a Goodwin release.

Drummond is the best of that group but i doubt he's coming here.   I'd take Whiteside.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Haven't examined in any detail, but I for one would be especially surprised to find that any of the bigs that get a buyout will choose to come play for a team that isn't considered a strong contender for a ring. Or, at least, a plausible contender.

We don't qualify. I wish we did, of course. Maybe next year.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Haven't examined in any detail, but I for one would be especially surprised to find that any of the bigs that get a buyout will choose to come play for a team that isn't considered a strong contender for a ring. Or, at least, a plausible contender.

We don't qualify. I wish we did, of course. Maybe next year.

This is true but not sure there are enough teams to pick up all these guys.   But i'm also not sure we're motivated.   I think Travis is probably happy with who we have.

• Like 2

Please don’t Babcock 93-94 this thing and let us play it out. I realize we were #1 in the East then but this team is building crazy chemistry 🧪 right now.

If we make a trade, I’ll probably cry 😢...I’m at a emotional mid life crisis and this thing will put me right over the top.

STAND PAT (on big trades but work our flexibility on small deals like flipping second round picks or something minor).

In Schlenk we trust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

I thought I had Schlenk figured out.

I thought this was the transition year where, as long as we were a competitor for a playoff slot at the end of the season, there would be satisfaction with the progress made.

Clearly, I was wrong. Clearly, satisfaction in State Farm Arena offices will only be attained with an actual playoff berth, given that the emergency glass was broken, and a new, experienced head coach was given command.

But the remaining question is... is that the actual minimum threshold, or is the minimum that we actually show up and expect to win a first round series?

That, I think, will be revealed by evidence of what happens at the trading deadline.

If (a) the 3rd PG (Dunn) doesn't have any setbacks between now and then, and if (b) no moves are made to replace the 4th PG on the 15-man roster with some adequate veteran reinforcement immediately behind Capela... then, yes, that would seem to tell us that there is going to be satisfaction with just a playoff berth.

And, to be honest, I don't know that I personally would be all that disappointed to see that happen, because I'm one who nods in agreement when Schlenk has spoken about "not skipping steps."

But then again, the competitor in me isn't persuaded that we can't win a first round series... with just a little extra help behind Capela... and that would be so much fun to see happen.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ariza never played for OKC and Leonard is out with a season ending injury.

Oh, so you think maybe, just maybe, there may be some non-basketball reason Miami's trading Leonard?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470xo5fd1jgpj035n8ei

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think he might hold the record for most traded player by now.

You are correct.  I just read where he has the record, all by himself.....

:hi:

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, kg01 said:

1. I don't know but 2. rumblings are it's not a player.

Ohhh, just like that, bleachk has a "source".  You're now the Chris Broussard of the squawk.  Congrats?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31084415/moses-wright-miss-georgia-tech-first-round-game-ncaa-men-basketball-tournament-sources-say

Ouch.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, sturt said:

But the remaining question is... is that the actual minimum threshold, or is the minimum that we actually show up and expect to win a first round series?

Schlenk has to be a little concerned about his job...

I've been thinking that the 6th seed (avoiding the play-in) and a couple of home playoff games to get center stage in the ATL news cycle is the goal. They're gonna want some momentum for next year.