• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

The proposed trade in the referenced trade talks are awful for the Hawks.  Kirschner is our beat writer and should recognize that, and he should be either questioning the source or proposing something that makes more sense, not just parroting national media writers that are plugging players in a trade matcher while referencing their stats on bballref

I'm starting to side eye Kirchner - he also had a similar article with a Boston writer with a Collins trade.  The return was bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

IF the Hawks do make a trade, two things you can count on hearing:

1- I didn't see that one coming.

2- I sure don't like this trade because _______.

😃

#1 for the most part. Everyone knew we were eyeing a center but Capela was not much of a whisper. It was Adams and Drummond for the longest. Then in what seems like the final hour Capela is incoming. I am a big believer where there is smoke there is fire.

So thinking Schlenk wants to upgrade a guard spot defensively is not much different than him wanting to upgrade our center spot last season. I do prefer Ball over the latest Smart rumor; but I can see nothing happening.

I think Ainge's asking price will be to high. I think Ball is the easiest to get due to his upcoming free agency ( RFA ).

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

He's pretty open about not being a Hawks' fan. I think he'd jump at the opportunity to have a wider audience. (Can't really blame him).

This. He's never deny he is a fan of some of the players here like JC than the team itself. He's like Sekou but millenialish

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

IF the Hawks do make a trade, two things you can count on hearing:

1- I didn't see that one coming.

2- I sure don't like this trade because _______.

😃

1. You would here about it but it makes sense for Atlanta. Most of these rumored deals make no sense for the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The latest is that Dallas has offered a package centered around Maxi Kleber for Collins.  I shit you not.  

tenor.gif?itemid=3522506

The comedy is unreal.  #TheNewComedyCentral - your best shit offer to the Hawks!

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm starting to side eye Kirchner - he also had a similar article with a Boston writer with a Collins trade.  The return was bad.

Yeah I'm kinda tired of his agenda too.... I don't have social media things like twitter/instagram and all that, but maybe us Hawks fans that do can leave some feedback to let him know he's not well-liked by the team he covers for crap like this?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, warcore said:

Yeah I'm kinda tired of his agenda too.... I don't have social media things like twitter/instagram and all that, but maybe us Hawks fans that do can leave some feedback to let him know he's not well-liked by the team he covers for crap like this?

It's unfortunate really, you would think The Athletic would try to hire guys that are at least interested in the team they're covering.  Not asking for a super fan but someone that shows a little respect lol

• Like 1

Don't understand the Kirschner hate, not even a little bit. Seemed like a fair take in his article. He pushed back on some of the silly offers the Pels writer was trying to make, made some counter offers that weren't terrible IMO. Basically said a lot of things depend on how the Hawks view Reddish and didn't pretend to know the answer to that question. 

Regarding why the article was written in the first place, I'm guessing his editors pushed to make that happen. Most likely was told to write about it and the editors put the two beat writers together to push out some content. 

Seems to me a lot of people didn't actually read what he wrote either. I mean, we all know there was likely no legitimacy behind the rumor that caused the article, but I'm not gonna hate on the guy for doing his job. 

Edited by RandomFan