• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

This storyline is soooo Atlanta sports.  If GT can pull out the first one without Wright, they might win the whole dang thing.

I feel for you and my GT relatives.  I will still be rooting for Tech in the tournament but that first round game looks very dangerous.

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Doesn't Loyola have a 103-yr old nun as their mascot?  How can techies compete with that???   

I suggested importing a stable of Magic City stallions but I was told Sister Jean is a whiz on the pole herself.  So I'm all outta ideas.

• Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

I suggested importing a stable of Magic City stallions but I was told Sister Jean is a whiz on the pole herself.  So I'm all outta ideas.

I told that dude to sign up for squawk! We need a Chicago Shakies up in this! 

From a Cap standpoint, Snell plus any of the young players on the periphery (Goodwin, Bruno, Skylar, Knight) would work just fine.  The article makes it sound like Memphis doesn't really need any more bigs so if they would do Snell plus Goodwin or Mays that could work.  No idea what they are expecting to get out of an expiring UFA.  

But the Hawks could certainly be a home for him if they desired to make it happen.   

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is team is a solid backup center away from being a legit threat. Any cheap options that would interest you guys? Or is it better to bank on the improvement of Knight/OO?

I'm satisfied as we are right now.  Any one available out there would cost us more than I would be willing to pay.  Sure, we have some end of the bench guys that we could move, but for what?  If we obtain a really good player, we must give up a really good player.  I'm a homer.  Keep all our good players!

:smug:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still trying to steal Zubac from Clippers. They are looking for a PG and have interest in Lonzo Ball, NOP is seeking a 1st rounder for Ball but LAC doesn't really have one, so here's my trade:

Hawks get Zubac, LAC get Lonzo, NOP gets our OKC 2022 1st, a future 1st from LAC, Bruno, Goodwin and Solo.

Zubac would be an excellent pickup, however that would give them a huge hole at backup center. I'm wondering if we could reroute Bruno to LA to maybe entice them more?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Zubac would be an excellent pickup, however that would give them a huge hole at backup center. I'm wondering if we could reroute Bruno to LA to maybe entice them more?

I'm thinking they can pick up one of the Cs that get bought out: Drummond, LMA, Whiteside, McGee.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The theme of my sermons for a long while now has been patience. Genuinely believe you're not going to get much out of Bruno for another year, but that if he's given a normal year to develop, he's going to pay some handsome rewards.

Having said that, if we assume that's just not going to be allowed to happen, then here's a trade that, with a 2nd rounder thrown-in for good measure, I could imagine SAC considering b/c Holmes is an expiring. Might not be convincing, so might take something more, but might be worth it.

LWR_Recording.png

Why Holmes and not Whiteside?

Simple. If you're going to put another big on the roster, he not only needs to be a legitimate defensive asset, but also someone you can insert into close games where hack-a-Capela otherwise could work against us. Whiteside doesn't help in that way, whereas Holmes is 80%.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sturt said:

The theme of my sermons for a long while now has been patience. Genuinely believe you're not going to get much out of Bruno for another year, but that if he's given a normal year to develop, he's going to pay some handsome rewards.

Having said that, if we assume that's just not going to be allowed to happen, then here's a trade that, with a 2nd rounder thrown-in for good measure, I could imagine SAC considering b/c Holmes is an expiring. Might not be convincing, so might take something more, but might be worth it.

LWR_Recording.png

Why Holmes and not Whiteside?

Simple. If you're going to put another big on the roster, he not only needs to be a legitimate defensive asset, but also someone you can insert into close games where hack-a-Capela otherwise could work against us. Whiteside doesn't help in that way, whereas Holmes is 80%.

Upon further review...

There's no shortage of seeming interest in Holmes league-wide. Likely would cost substantially more than Bruno/Goodwin/2nd rounder. Not sure we could be serious players without giving up a 1st round pick, at minimum.

• Like 1