• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Admin
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dang, I was hoping he could be someone we looked at if Sac matched Bogi contract..Oh well..

BB is an improvement on what we have now ... if we don't get him we should just roll with what we have.  There isn't anyone else out there in FA that will move up in the depth chart

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

BB is an improvement on what we have now ... if we don't get him we should just roll with what we have.  There isn't anyone else out there in FA that will move up in the depth chart

Im still worried about our shooting from the wings if our young guys struggle early on. And we all know Huerter cant stay healthy..Youre right though. He wouldnt get many min at all.....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You can't comment on a trade that didn't happen? Why not? The whole thing was BS. I would have gladly bet $10,000 that the Hawks were not going to be part of any mega trade. I openly mocked it, as it was clearly bunk. And the one thing you said would not happen, signing Rondo, did happen. Respect your passion and energy, but your forecasting is not good. 

Who's gonna take that bet when Supes NEVER once said 'THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN'  - It has always been about ongoing discussions between teams.

37 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im still worried about our shooting from the wings if our young guys struggle early on. And we all know Huerter cant stay healthy..Youre right though. He wouldnt get many min at all.....

I keep forgetting about Snell. Hes a career 39% 3 pt shooter..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If this happens, I'd puke. I guess AD would play Center in that line up.

I don’t mind too much when the stars try to play together, but this is the type of stuff that pisses me off. You want to build that type of team to beat a reigning champion? Go ahead..

But adding KD to championship team, Giannis to a championship team just isn’t right. If you are so good, go out there and win it with what you have.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Also was ahead of the curve on our interest in Capela, GH, BB, Gallo, etc.  Let's not pretend just because not all deals happen that he has a track record of all garbage information.  Woj nails the stuff that is done but also gets bad intel sometimes and shares information on things discussed that never materialize.

Mega deals rarely happen in the NBA but I guarantee they are discussed between GMs about 50x more often than they materialize.  Some burn out early.  Others burn out near the finish line.  It is just hard to get multiple teams all lined up on the same deal given how rapidly things evolve.  This isn't even a comment on whether the mega deal info was legit - more a comment on the fact that any legit source is going to have info on deals that never happen and will have bad or stale information from time to time.  Any reporter who claims they have an all-knowing source that avoids all mistakes and never talks about things that don't get completed is full of it.

If you had a super legit Boston source this week, they would have told about the S&T deals that were lining up to happen, etc. and then Charlotte blows that up.  If you had a super legit source in Sacramento or Milwaukee, they would have told you the BB SnT to the Bucks was happening then that blew up.  That doesn't mean in the intel was bad - those deals were absolutely in play and being worked on by people who believed they would happen.  They just didn't.  That is part of this process.

If the mega trade was legit then spill the beans. Why the secrecy after it didn't happen? There was no conceivable mage trade that made sense. None of the theorized proposals made any sense. It was pure bunk. The nativete and credulity of some here to just lap up anything Supes says, when basic deductive reasoning will tell you these things are highly, highly unlikely to occur, is just astonishing to me. Like the Clippers trading Paul George to us for a draft pick(s) when they just gave up a century of draft picks to get him. That's not remotely possible. None of the mega trades made any sense, and lo and behold, none happened.  

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

If the mega trade was legit then spill the beans. Why the secrecy after it didn't happen? There was no conceivable mage trade that made sense. None of the theorized proposals made any sense. It was pure bunk. The nativete and credulity of some here to just lap up anything Supes says, when basic deductive reasoning will tell you these things are highly, highly unlikely to occur, is just astonishing to me. Like the Clippers trading Paul George to us for a draft pick(s) when they just gave up a century of draft picks to get him. That's not remotely possible. None of the mega trades made any sense, and lo and behold, none happened.  

lol..why you so mad?  You'll be happy once Bogi signs tomorrow :p. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

lol..why you so mad?  You'll be happy once Bogi signs tomorrow :p. 

I'm not mad, it's called accountability. You're gonna keep the whole board in anxious anticipation about something that seemed highly questionable, but were nonetheless extremely bullish on, and then when it doesn't happen say you can't reveal what it was? That's weak sauce as hell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not mad, it's called accountability. You're gonna keep the whole board in anxious anticipation about something that seemed highly questionable, but were nonetheless extremely bullish on, and then when it doesn't happen say you can't reveal what it was? That's weak sauce as hell.

It's not really accountability, if his source said not to say anything, then the he's accountable to his source not to.

I'm more worried about what's happening now than some failed trade.  We get Bogi and go for that top four seed! 

I'm also fully preparing myself to be disappointed when Sac matches the offer. I'm okay getting my hopes up though.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

It's not really accountability, if his source said not say anything, then the he's accountable to his source not to.

I'm more worried about what's happening now than some failed trade.  We get Bogi and go for that top four seed! 

I'm also fully preparing myself to be disappointed when Sac matches the offer. I'm okay getting my hopes up though.

There was no mega trade. The whole thing was bullshit. Yes I'm excited about getting Bogi, hope Sac doesn't match.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Come on, it is 2020 and we are about to have Hawks basketball for the first time since March. We also have an improved team this year. Beyond that, Hawksquawk is a very small island of random people who actually care about the Hawks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Then say what it was. Not saying what it was after it didn't happen comes across as highly suspect.

Would you believe him even if he told you? lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Generally I'm more likely to believe something when provided concrete substantive information as opposed to the "I know something, but it's a secret, I can't tell you." Crazy right. 

You're working against the mob who attacks people who starts to asking question around here.  Its almost as though some posters are actually employed by the Hawks organization and are paid to keep up interest by promoting mega trades propaganda and then over stating Hawks signings.