• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

32 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Come on, it is 2020 and we are about to have Hawks basketball for the first time since March. We also have an improved team this year. Beyond that, Hawksquawk is a very small island of random people who actually care about the Hawks.

If we can't all get along, let's just all agree to be mad at @Diesel

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You're working against the mob who attacks people who starts to asking question around here.  Its almost as though some posters are actually employed by the Hawks organization and are paid to keep up interest by promoting mega trades propaganda and then over stating Hawks signings.

Whos being attacked? lol

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You're working against the mob who attacks people who starts to asking question around here.  Its almost as though some posters are actually employed by the Hawks organization and are paid to keep up interest by promoting mega trades propaganda and then over stating Hawks signings.

I told you in your other “I like to hate” post ... you joined the wrong mob!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

See what I mean

We’re just messing around.  You’re free to be as positive or NEGATIVE as you want here on the squawk!

Please...please...please...Let your positive or NEGATIVE voice be heard.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I certainly don’t take anything Supes says as gospel. I look at it as entertainment. If he’s being honest, then he’s doing us all a favor by saying what he can. If he’s a fraud, well then shame on him for being a weirdo douche. But there’s really no way for us to know either way. So I say enjoy what he offers but take it all with a huge grain of salt. 

That's fair, but Supes could say the Lakers are trading us LeBron and Anthony Davis and people will start responding and asking for details like it's plausible. Have a little hearty skepticism. Jeez.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

That's fair, but Supes could say the Lakers are trading us LeBron and Anthony Davis and people will start responding and asking for details like it's plausible. Have a little hearty skepticism. Jeez.

My honest question to these type of criticisms is always the same....why does it matter? Why is it necessary to call Supes a liar even if you think hes BSing everyone?I just don't see the need for it. Who cares what someone believes or doesn't? This board is all entertainment anyway, imo. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

My honest question to these type of criticisms is always the same....why does it matter? Why is it necessary to call Supes a liar even if you think hes BSing everyone?I just don't see the need for it. Who cares what someone believes or doesn't? This board is all entertainment anyway, imo. 

Are we getting philosophical here? Why does NBA basketball matter at all in that case? I'm not calling him a liar, I respect his enthusiasm and energy, but most of the information seems highly questionable and often wrong. Is having 30 pages about a so-called mega trade, which the details can't be revealed, really productive? To each his own, I'd rather talk about realistic possibilities.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If the mega trade was legit then spill the beans. Why the secrecy after it didn't happen? There was no conceivable mage trade that made sense. None of the theorized proposals made any sense. It was pure bunk. The nativete and credulity of some here to just lap up anything Supes says, when basic deductive reasoning will tell you these things are highly, highly unlikely to occur, is just astonishing to me. Like the Clippers trading Paul George to us for a draft pick(s) when they just gave up a century of draft picks to get him. That's not remotely possible. None of the mega trades made any sense, and lo and behold, none happened.  

This is so ridiculous. 

1) If it really is bunk, then what good does it do to have him say what it was?

2) If it was was real, he likely wouldn't be able to divulge the trade to protect his source. But if it was bunk, he could just make up anything and say we were trading X for Y without fear of giving up any fake source. Of course if he was a clever man, then he would know that you would know that, so he wouldn't make up a fake trade and share it publicly. 

It's so simple. All he has to do is divine from what he knows of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into your own goblet, or his enemy's?

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. Supes is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known he was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so he can clearly not choose the wine in front of him.

Now here you are, falling victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Hawks fan when death is on the line!"

<end scene>

• Haha 2