• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They need to rebuild. If they don't find a trade offer for Buddy Hield before noon tomorrow, they should just let Bogi walk.

That's not rebuilding... That's watching a tradable asset walk out of the door for nothing.   They get no capspace from him walking.... they have already f'd that up. 

Here's the deal with them..

On paper...   Fox/Halli and either Bogo or Hield will make up their guard rotation.  They may have to wait til next years free agency to move Bogo.. but teams will be interested.  This all really comes down to the expense the owner is willing to eat.   But letting him walk gets them absolutely nothing. 

They should also be trying to move Hield and Barnes. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I do. I always do. That's the thing, I always make it clear when it's my opinion. Hence, I don't, in my opinion, or a response to a question directed for ME. 

And that's my fault. My mistake. That's why when I spoke with him, I said 1 year 15 million. He was like no for multi years but not one year. I didn't see Isola or Scoop's report, I just heard about it on NBA Radio and they said 15 million as well. There was too much going on for me to dig for it. It just wasn't a priority at that time. You guys have a tendency to focus on small shit and I am listening and taking notes on about 20-25 items a session, doing family stuff outside of that, a lot going on, I am not perfect. This isn't a blog site. This is an interactive forum. There is no editors who review my posts and no one other than him feeds me information I generally like to share to the board. Others are usually wrong way too much. His stuff tends to be accurate and I trust him. 

Hey man, things happen. Like I said, I ignored it originally.

Look at it like this, you are right, there are no editors and its easy to make a small mistake. We all do it. But by us checking each other it makes us all better in the end. What you did this offseason was pretty damn extraordinary. Im not going to sit here and pretend like I wasnt tuned in to every post. Drinking all the Supes Kool-Aid. And thats kind of the point. Whether you intended to or not, you are now on a different level. Im an opinion poster. I have ZERO insiders. I take info from people like yourself and formulate my own opinions. I Iistened to a little bit of your podcast. That was also pretty dope.

Long story short. Keep doing you. But accept the fact that folks are going to charge you up every chance they can when they find a chink in the armor. That comes with the territory. You have a spotlight on you, and haters are attracted to that light like mosquitoes. My advice, don't react. Just shine. Because every doubter is still going to come back and hang off every word, just as I will.

You aint got nothing to prove to anyone but yourself bro!

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

That's not rebuilding... That's watching a tradable asset walk out of the door for nothing.   They get no capspace from him walking.... they have already f'd that up. 

On paper...   Fox/Halli and either Bogo or Hield will make up their guard rotation.  They may have to wait til next years free agency to move Bogo.. but teams will be interested.  This all really comes down to the expense the owner is willing to eat.   But letting him walk gets them absolutely nothing. 

Would you reccomend the Hawks paying the luxury tax for a lottery team?  Because that's what may happen to Sac.

We know you don't want Bogi, but there's def some cons of them taking on his contract.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If they want to rebuild, priority 1 should be getting a top lottery pick next year and developing their lottery pick from this year.  A 20M+ BB is unlikely to draw huge interest in a trade.  I think there are pro and con arguments to be made whether he is worth $18M per.  The trade kicker doesn’t help that.  Add in the other salaries and how much more work needs to be done before Sac is ready to make the playoffs and I just don’t see the upside for them.  He strikes me as someone who won’t draw big trade offers at that price if you put him on the block with performance on par with last season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Would you reccomend the Hawks paying the luxury tax for a lottery team?  Because that's what may happen to Sac.

We know you don't want Bogi, but there's def some cons of them taking on his contract.

I don't think @Diesel is thinking this over that deeply. He's looking at it from a practical stance. 

I compare this to THJ when he was a Hawk and we didn't match so he could go to NY. 

It worked for us because while THJ helped us with games, he wasn't going to help our rebuild. 

Overall, I agree with you. I think SAC will be bad this year. Why keep Bogi if you are rebuilding? But if SAC thinks they have a shot to win, you must consider matching him more than not but the issue is, Atlanta contract and their terms. That makes matching very hard and your cap situation makes it even harder. They showed their cards too soon for good press with their fans. That's GMing 101 but when you are new, mistakes happen. The issue with Bogi is this could be a lose-lose situation like the Tim Hardaway Jr one was for us. Ultimately, we took lost but the next year, we sucked, got Trae Young and are in a  better position for it. 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is that a Kings shirt or NBA shirt?

Kings

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Let's think about it this way...

IF Somebody came along and signed Collins to an offer sheet next year.. and we're at a place where we have to go over the cap to keep him...

Wouldn't you do it?  Even if our longterm plans didn't have him as a focal point, wouldn't you look at his value around the league and say.. I will take the cap hit because I can still recoup a lot of value for him... instead of getting nothing for him?

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They'd be committing almost $111 million next year to about 7 players if they matched the deal. Leaves them with very little flexibility and leverage in trades.

• Like 1

Maybe ESPN knows something we don't? They do still have DeAndre on the roster though.

Atlanta Hawks Roster

More NBA TeamsBoston CelticsBrooklyn NetsCharlotte HornetsChicago BullsCleveland CavaliersDallas MavericksDenver NuggetsDetroit PistonsGolden State WarriorsHouston RocketsIndiana PacersLA ClippersLos Angeles LakersMemphis GrizzliesMiami HeatMilwaukee BucksMinnesota TimberwolvesNew Orleans PelicansNew York KnicksOklahoma City ThunderOrlando MagicPhiladelphia 76ersPhoenix SunsPortland Trail BlazersSacramento KingsSan Antonio SpursToronto RaptorsUtah JazzWashington WizardsMore NBA Teams
Team Roster

NAME POS AGE HT WT COLLEGE SALARY

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3062667.png
SG
6' 5"
210 lbs
Saint Joseph's
$2,603,982

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3037789.png
G
6' 6"
220 lbs
--
$8,529,386
Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

IF Somebody came along and signed Collins to an offer sheet next year.. and we're at a place where we have to go over the cap to keep him...

Wouldn't you do it?  Even if our longterm plans didn't have him as a focal point, wouldn't you look at his value around the league and say.. I will take the cap hit because I can still recoup a lot of value for him... instead of getting nothing for him?

Depends on the price. Ultimately, knowing this, JC would have been shopped during the season but it depends how he is used. If he was bad in the playoffs, I would question matching 19 million per. 

This is more comparable to Tim Hardaway Jr. than JC. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC is better than BB and we are trying to win now.  Sac needs to rebuild some.  THJr is a very good comparison.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They'd be committing almost $111 million next year to about 7 players if they matched the deal. Leaves them with very little flexibility and leverage in trades.

If he walks, they won't have much flexibility and leverage in trades.  They are in a bad space.  They are not close to a rebuild because they haven't had a firesale.   And they won't unless they can get somebody to take Hield and Barnes.  The Fox signing ended the rebuild scenario.  It started a new era for them... playing to win. 

As you look at them, they don't have bad pieces...  Bagley III has shown something.. not a lot.  They have vets.  Bjelica has shown something.   And drafting Haliburton may be the start of the Backcourt of the future.   But they are already cap tight... there's no leverage. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If I'm McNair, I'm on the phone with Knicks right now to see if they want Hield.

That is the only way it makes sense to me.  Sac needs to find a way to dump Barnes, etc. and rebuild.  They have one part of their foundation but Fox isn’t enough by himself.

• Like 2