• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You completely ignored my follow up post with the guy saying it means nothing and he just wanted to stir the pot?

Yes it could mean nothing. Seems like it's 50/50. Kings might match as a power play, or let him walk to ease the financial burden. But it would seem weird that they just tried to trade him, and then match our offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Yes it could mean nothing. Seems like it's 50/50. Kings might match as a power play, or let him walk to ease the financial burden. But it would seem weird that they just tried to trade him, and then match our offer.

Yeah, thems the breaks. It's okay to get your hopes up. If they match, we still have a great squad this year.  Don't look for stuff to temper your expetations.  Just be a fan and be irrational.

Kings between a rock and a hard place?

Haliburton drafted to play 2 guard and back up PG.  Hawks offer their 2 guard a great offer sheet.  Now, if they do not match, the Kings get nothing.  If they match, they can't trade this player for 6 months to any other NBA team and not to Atlanta for 12 months.  (Did I get this right?)

Pushing the Kings to the top of the payroll ceiling this year and way over next season unless they make moves.  And, this new contract that the Hawks had him sign now has a trade kicker attached. 

Some time, around 1 PM in Atlanta time, Kings must decide.  If he comes to Atlanta our roster will be full and we may still make a move or two just to clear things.  

Suddenly, the draft, free agency, open trading season comes.  Pre season is almost here.  No summer league.  Now, the regular season is upon us.  With nothing happening for so long, now - POW! - everything is here!

😃 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Then we had absolutely no shot at him, contrary to Supes intel in the ask Supes thread.

That's just not true, once the price left a comfort zone for Hawks, they bounced and moved on to a package of Gallo, Rondo with dreams of Bogi who this time last week was considered to be a Milwaukee Buck. The other teams mentioned were Charlotte and New York. They clearly paid the piper, especially Charlotte. 

Dude, you really are doing too much. If my guy is so wrong, why was Charlotte and New York in the mix when he said it, Boston media was lying saying he wanted to play for a contender. Is Charlotte a contender? 

Hawksquawk family, who was more right, my guy or Boston media?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's just how people interpret the situation if they want something to complain about.  In reality, it's as AH and graym described.

If we were outbid by three teams, then we were never realistically in the running for him. Fine by me, a GH overpay is not worth it to me.

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So we were never really in the Hayward race? Another swing and a miss for Supes.

The bids are closed. We had no was of knowing what the other teams were offering. We were in the race and effectively set the floor for offers.  Let me clarify that. We aren't supposed to know what they offer and only have the agent or other team's word to go on. They can tell us they're getting 100 million from another squad but usually that's just bluster to get you to up your offer.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's just not true, once the price left a comfort zone for Hawks, they bounced and moved on to a package of Gallo, Rondo with dreams of Bogi who this time last week was considered to be a Milwaukee Buck. The other teams mentioned were Charlotte and New York. They clearly paid the piper, especially Charlotte. 

Dude, you really are doing too much. If my guy is so wrong, why was Charlotte and New York in the mix when he said it, Boston media was lying saying he wanted to play for a contender. Is Charlotte a contender? 

Hawksquawk family, who was more right, my guy or Boston media?

If we were outbid by three teams then Hawyard's representation likely ruled us out early in the process. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

If we were outbid by three teams then Hawyard's representation likely ruled us out early in the process. 

When he got the information, the bidding wasn't close to 100 million outside of New York. It was when Indiana jumped in, the bidding changed and of course we had to bounce then but we had different options too at that time. Bogi was realistically available. He wasn't before that.

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

When he got the information, the bidding wasn't close to 100 million outside of New York. It was when Indiana jumped in, the bidding changed and of course we had to bounce then but we had different options too at that time. Bogi was realistically available. He wasn't before that.

Id rather Bogi at 72 than GH at 120 anyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we do free agency winners and losers here?  There are some pretty obvious ones and a few subtle ones.  I think BOS fits both categories, obvious and subtle losers.

Losing high-level free agents for no return in subsequent years is killer.  Boston people were on the radio talking up the Thompson and Teague signings as some kind of answer as if they 'broke even' in losing Hayward.  Yes, they signed guys but does anyone think they're a better team today?  Furthermore, compare that to likely having lost out on their actual target of Turner (IND) by playing hard ball.

Long story long, Boston = losers

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You're speculating in the only way that allows you to have something to complain about.

• Like 3