• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Vince became a Hawksquawk/ESPN insider.. I think it could propel him to become bigger than Wojo.  Wojo and Mark get all the respect in the world... but how much more respect would Vince get being that he was a Hall of Fame type player turned media insider.  No former pro has ever used their connections to be an insider but if Leon Rose can become a GM.... Shoot... everything is possible. 

Not sure Vince wants to work that hard. He is already filthy rich. Part time TV gig seems about right for him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When Supes has had several things he related from his source be confirmed later on this continual cheap shots from two or three people just comes across as childish and petty. Are you guys upset another poster on here has some kind of popularity that you feel you deserve? Are you worried your posts and contributions here aren't taken as seriously as his?

I don't know. But I do know this taking pot shots at someone is beyond stale at this point. If you don't like his posts ignore them. I don't want every thread derailing into childish insults or snide comments. We're better than this. All of us.

From a moderation perspective, when people cross the line into name calling or just dismissive insults ("he doesn't know ****") sorts of comments they are just going to be deleted and addressed as they come.  Please take care to address the post and not the poster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When Supes has had several things he related from his source be confirmed later on this continual cheap shots from two or three people just comes across as childish and petty. Are you guys upset another poster on here has some kind of popularity that you feel you deserve? Are you worried your posts and contributions here aren't taken as seriously as his?

I don't know. But I do know this taking pot shots at someone is beyond stale at this point. If you don't like his posts ignore them. I don't want every thread derailing into childish insults or snide comments. We're better than this. All of us.

I have questioned the veracity, credibility, and reliability of so called inside information that appears to far more often wrong than right, but I havent engaged in name calling or personal attacks.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I have questioned the veracity, credibility, and reliability of so called inside information that appears to far more often wrong than right, but I havent engaged in name calling or personal attacks.

Just be aware that posts like calling him or his posts bullshit isn't going to fly.

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

So much for the deadline being at noon 🤷‍♂️

That is kind of bizarre.  Hope we get an explanation on how this mechanic works.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hey Supes thread will be up soon. Question it there, not the Free Agency thread

That way we can fact check all opinions and statements. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Please. Continually insinuating someone is lying is the same as attacking the person. We're all adults here with a working brain. It is blatantly obvious you and a couple of other posters go after @NBASupes without actually using his name. We see what you are doing. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Guys let's end the meta discussion about how people are posting and get back to the subject of free agency.  If you think someone has crossed a line, please PM a mod or report a post.  Otherwise, don't focus on the poster and just address the posts.  Talk to each other like you were talking in person - assuming even if you disagree that you are both talking in good faith and having a degree of comradery among fellow Hawks die-hards.  Do that and you'll be good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Just be aware that posts like calling him or his posts bullshit isn't going to fly.

That is kind of bizarre.  Hope we get an explanation on how this mechanic works.

I never called him any names. But yes I do believe the mega trade to be BS. That's not a personal attack. If details of the mega trade can be be explained, then I will gladly listen. Why a trade can't be revealed after the fact seems highly suspect to me. Carl Sagan once said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Supes was unusually bullish on the so called mega trade. Everyone gets defensive if it's questioned in the least.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

I never called him any names. But yes I do believe the mega trade to be BS. That's not a personal attack. If details of the mega trade can be be explained, then I will gladly listen. Why a trade can't be revealed after the fact seems highly suspect to me. Carl Sagan once said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Supes was unusually bullish on the so called mega trade. Everyone gets defensive if it's questioned in the least.

Feel free to skip his thread or ignore his posts.  Feel free to say you don't think it is going to happen or why you think it wouldn't make sense.

Don't call posts from people anything like "bullshit" that are highly inflammatory and would generally be perceived as an insult by a normal person.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Please. Continually insinuating someone is lying is the same as attacking the person. We're all adults here with a working brain. It is blatantly obvious you and a couple of other posters go after @NBASupes without actually using his name. We see what you are doing. 

Actually I clarified in my posts numerous times that I was not accusing him of lying. Nice attempt at a strawman.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Feel free to skip his thread or ignore his posts.  Feel free to say you don't think it is going to happen or why you think it wouldn't make sense.

Don't call posts from people anything like "bullshit" that are highly inflammatory and would generally be perceived as an insult by a normal person.

I was implying that the info is wrong, not that it was fabricated.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I was implying that the info is wrong, not that it was fabricated.

I'm just telling you to be clearer and not to use inflammatory language like that.  If I said someone was posting bullshit, they would view that as an insult (particularly in the context where some people are outright speculating that he was fabricating).