• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am going to be in a lot you guys tail in a couple of weeks when Ask Supes is back up. 

No need to prove yourself. I know plenty of the things you said came to be.  Just let the dissatisfied people stay dissatisfied.  It's not like anyone forced them to go to your thread and read it. 

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

What's the significance of this? They dont even mentions the Hawks.

There is a number of things in that thread I've spoke about several have questioned. I will address it when it's here. As far as mega trades, you wouldn't realize how many are near complete and just fall apart. The same way, when it happens you are shocked. Why do you think Magic left the Lakers? He couldn't get the deal for AD done. He tried to trade the entire squad for AD and NO listens and at the end they turn it down. But NO gets a new GM in Griff and he makes the deal. Look, ideally, I would have loved to see the deal go down more than anyone BUT IT DIDN'T. Shit happens at a whim. Giannis gets Jrue and Bogi, well now no Bogi and it changes things. HOU listens but don't like what they see and say, we are keeping Harden. Teams do intel on James, his rep is shit and it hurts his brand within the league. These are things that happen in an ever moving NBA. Does that mean it's fake? Does that mean John Wall didn't ask for a trade? The first thing I always say is the deal isn't done till it's done. Atlanta was in the mix with Hayward. Even Vince mentioned Atlanta when directly talking about Hayward. Who was the two other teams interesting? Knicks and Hornets. Who got Hayward? Hornets. Ya'll better stop playing with my damn name. 

That goes for everyone. He told ya'll about Houston's big interest in Cousins. He told you what was directly being talked about by HOU. I don't know what more you want. Indy was damn near running the process trying to get Ball to Indy. He told you about that. What is it, do you want info or do you want when it's done. If that's the case, block my thread and follow Woj. My thread isn't for that. It never was. The whole reason some fans here knew we had interest in Gallo is because during the trade deadline, Atlanta was one of the teams interested in Gallo. No surprised, they landed him when he was in FA as their top target. But but Supes, where are you right? If you were following the damn thread, you would have seen how a lot of this shit came together. There is a reason Jay and AHF is in there. Because it's has gem. 

If you want finished products, please follow Woj or Shams, not my thread. 

• Like 4

@JayBirdHawk, you are on top of stuff. Wasn't it mentioned after the trade deadline, Atlanta had interest in Bogi in that thread?  Was it not mention of trade interest in Gallo from the Hawks? 

Also, the direction of the Hawks, was that not spot on each time? 

Like I said, you can attack me all day but what you are not about to do is treat my thread like it's from Burt Steele. 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What about Rondo? All I've ever quoted him saying is we weren't interested in paying him 15 million per. That was facts. When the thread is up, we will go through it all. That way, those in their feelings cut it. 

You did say that. But before the numbers you said we weren't going after him at all.

I dont care either way. You have nothing to prove to me and vice versa.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If Bogi wants to come here, and does not want to return to the Kings, he needs to make that clear to Sacramento. I would think you're far less likely to pay a guy 72 million if they dont want to be there. 

Some teams give in to the will of the player.. but some teams says... this is business and they keep them around until they can trade them. 

• Premium Member

All I know is that Vince Carter has one helluva Hawks source.

He knew that players that we were targeting (exactly) and he knew that there was no MegaDeal because there would not be enough money. 

We should have an AskVince thread.

• Admin

The GMs are constantly wheeling and dealing ... probably 99% of what is proposed doesn’t happen ... doesn’t mean it is not going on behind the scenes.   supes and Camp are not just making stuff up to make stuff up ... it’s rumors of things they were given that may or may not happen.  Even though the mega trade didn’t happen ... it sure made things fun and interesting here.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

You did say that. But before the numbers you said we weren't going after him at all.

I dont care either way. You have nothing to prove to me and vice versa.

First and foremost. It doesn't matter what I said if I am speaking for me. My opinion is my opinion. People have a tendency to get my opinion caught up in the reality. The question is, what did my guy say:

Rondo people are lying. Atlanta never offered his ass no 15 million a year. They haven't even made an offer, they just showed interest.

Rondo people are lying. Atlanta never offered his ass no 15 million a year. They haven't even made an offer, they just showed interest.

What's crazy is while I can't confirm this, I remember my guy saying watch for Atlanta for Rondo but I doubt it honestly. The Hawks are pretty cash strapped due to the potential trade and Hayward. If Hayward falls through, that could open a number of doors but Rondo wasn't mentioned the Hawks as a t...

I seen my posts on another board, they were like, his guy mentioned CP3 to PHX but Supes guy said, he would never got to LAC as his goal is to win a ring. Well Supes was wrong but no one comes to that damn thread for me, they come for him. My opinion is my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

The GMs are constantly wheeling and dealing ... probably 99% of what is proposed doesn’t happen ... doesn’t mean it is not going on behind the scenes.   supes and Camp are not just making stuff up to make stuff up ... it’s rumors of things they were given that may or may not happen.  Even though the mega trade didn’t happen ... it sure made things fun and interesting here.   

There is a reason I stay vague with the things I'm told.  I was given a list of about 12 possible offseason targets. If you go back and read just my posts, you'll see most of the big moving targets are people I name dropped in the threads from time to time. In my very honest opinion, I never saw them seriously going after Gallinari and never saw Sacramento letting him go. I never even hinted at that because I didn't see it happening or him agreeing. But its why I haven't ever shared anything. There was some stuff Supes dropped back at the trade deadline that people jumped on him for and I let it slip back then to a few on the board that I know a few people with ties. They aren't in the org but they get info. About 1/2 of it turns out to have legs. But you share anything and people only remember when you're wrong.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

From what I've read, teams usually do it right away if they tend to match, so we got that going for us. We'll know by tomorrow. Can't wait!

Huh???  Where did you read that?   

Don't get it twisted Marvin...  This is a Nasty Signing.   We will probably never be cordial with Sacramento again. 

A lot of times, teams wait out the whole 48...  Especially in Nasty Signings. ... You know why??

They want all the other available FAs to get signed while we wait for them to decide... knowing that they are not going to let value walk out of the door.   Not only does it happen a lot, we've done it....

Tim Hardaway Jr?

Teague?

The other part is that teams look for deals to relieve cap space.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

All I know is that Vince Carter has one helluva Hawks source.

He knew that players that we were targeting (exactly) and he knew that there was no MegaDeal because there would not be enough money. 

We should have an AskVince thread.

There is even one on my DVR on the opening day of FA when VC said the teams he should go to is NY or Atlanta. It was the same day he came out with the list. I was watching the Jump live when it happened. So don't hide behind VC b and scared to speak with your chest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

First and foremost. It doesn't matter what I said if I am speaking for me. My opinion is my opinion. People have a tendency to get my opinion caught up in the reality. The question is, what did my guy say:

I seen my posts on another board, they were like, his guy mentioned CP3 to PHX but Supes guy said, he would never got to LAC as his goal is to win a ring. Well Supes was wrong but no one comes to that damn thread for me, they come for him. My opinion is my opinion. 

Okay, so, yes; when the conversation is based on your insider's info that people are following and eating up like hot cakes, you should make it a point to be explicitly clear when you are deviating from the source and dropping your own personal opinion. Because in the exchanges it gets blurred when you are updating us with his info and slip an opinion in out of nowhere. We think its all based on something you know that we don't.

2ndly, I saw this in the thread and I ignored it, but no where did I see anyone ever say Rondo was getting 15 for 1 year. Everything I saw had us offering him 2 years for 15. When you said it I was confused. It ended up being 2 for 15 as reported the whole time.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1