• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You're working against the mob who attacks people who starts to asking question around here.  Its almost as though some posters are actually employed by the Hawks organization and are paid to keep up interest by promoting mega trades propaganda and then over stating Hawks signings.

Still haven't told me when you've been wrong about the current regime or anything for that matter.  

To be fair, I dont think Supes would lie to us. I believe that what he shares is as accurate as he is allowed to share.

I do, however, question the source. Some things that were flat wrong, like Rondo for instance, make me believe the source is either not getting 1st hand info, or if he is, he is being misled to keep him off the actual trail. And potentially, the source has the correct info and is just misleading Supes.

All are plausible, because in general most of the moves that were made weren't broken any sooner on the Squawk than they were the open web. Which truthfully is a relief. I am glad that our front office is not able to be infiltrated so easily and openly discussed on a fan sight.

My guess is that the source gets filtered info that is based on truth but deemed as non consequential. He then filters and shares from this with Supes. And Supes then filters to us. Thats why some things are accurate-ish, and others seem out of the blue. The info has been watered down via the telephone game.

Either way, thanks Supes for putting the work in and keeping us entertained during the slow times.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's fair, but Supes could say the Lakers are trading us LeBron and Anthony Davis and people will start responding and asking for details like it's plausible. Have a little hearty skepticism. Jeez.

Man it's been eight months and no basketball.  It was pure entertainment on rumors.  We just want to talk Hawks. It's not that serious. 

Supes may hear things about players teams are interested in, but the trades seem largely made up. Maybe from trying to piece those snippets together. Because they usually don’t make a lot of sense and never seem to actually happen. Either way, it drives tons of harmless (I hope) discussion so it’s whatever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Supes may hear things about players teams are interested in, but the trades seem largely made up. Maybe from trying to piece those snippets together. Because they usually don’t make a lot of sense and never seem to actually happen. Either way, it drives tons of harmless (I hope) discussion so it’s whatever. 

That's all I'm saying. 

Just now, Sothron said:

Are we seriously doing another witch hunt for someone with sources? Either believe the guy or not. If it makes any difference to anyone I used to have sources in the Hawks and arena. I believe Supes has a legit source. If you don't believe him that's totally fine but calling someone out publicly like this and saying they are a liar never ends well. Take it to PM if you think he's lying.

I never said he was lying about anything. I'm just saying the info isn't accurate or credible. But it's just entertainment for fun, no harm no foul. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Are we seriously doing another witch hunt for someone with sources? Either believe the guy or not. If it makes any difference to anyone I used to have sources in the Hawks and arena. I believe Supes has a legit source. If you don't believe him that's totally fine but calling someone out publicly like this and saying they are a liar never ends well. Take it to PM if you think he's lying.

This is all entertainment anyway. LIke it makes any difference lol. Some people. 

53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are we getting philosophical here? Why does NBA basketball matter at all in that case? I'm not calling him a liar, I respect his enthusiasm and energy, but most of the information seems highly questionable and often wrong. Is having 30 pages about a so-called mega trade, which the details can't be revealed, really productive? To each his own, I'd rather talk about realistic possibilities.

No. Not getting philosophical at all. I've just never understood one person telling another person on a message board what they should believe or not believe. 

And fwiw I wasn't specifically saying YOU were calling him a liar. I was saying in general why would someone call him a liar.  Why is that necessary? Truth is, peo called him a liar just today. Maybe I should have just said that. LOL 

54 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Exactly! If you don’t think it’s true then don’t read it. Just ignore it ....no comments needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will do a fact check for those who have doubts. The bottomline is blockbuster trades rarely go down even if they are in talks for months. It's just the reality and my guy is not an insider like a Woj or an agent. He works for the league office. There is a reason why I get you interest weeks before it's official but I can't get you anything the day of more times than not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I do, however, question the source. Some things that were flat wrong, like Rondo for instance, make me believe the source is either not getting 1st hand info, or if he is, he is being misled to keep him off the actual trail.

What about Rondo? All I've ever quoted him saying is we weren't interested in paying him 15 million per. That was facts. When the thread is up, we will go through it all. That way, those in their feelings cut it. 

Edited by NBASupes