• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lamelo Ball.... might be nice.

I must admit, I didn't think he had NBA athleticism, but he looks plenty fast enough for the league. Kid is going to make our lives harder in the division.

His passing is legit, it really is. You can't fake that. He's going to struggle with scoring efficiency though. So his scouting report is true to form. 

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

His passing is legit, it really is. You can't fake that. He's going to struggle with scoring efficiency though. So his scouting report is true to form. 

Melo's passing might be better than Lonzo's already. That transition,  behind the back kick AHEAD, on the run, at full speed and on target, was the best pass I have seen in a very long time.

How is it that neither of the (good) Ball brothers can shoot and still be top picks, meanwhile Liangelo is the best pure shooter of the 3 and can barely get an opportunity to prove himself? Lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Isaac Okoro had a nice debut. 18 pts on 6-9 and the game winner. Impressive.

He balled out.

Random thought to keep an eye on, but are y'all noticing all of a sudden shooting isn't so premium to being successful anymore?

Simmons, Zion recently, now Ball, Edwards and Okoro.  
Each of them (except Simmons) CAN shoot but its not their marketable trait. Is the NBA making another shift back to driving, fast breaks, and athleticism, after realizing there are only so many Steph Curry types in a generation? Lol

A lot of these young guys are the break you down and meet me at the rim type players. Maybe explains why they would rather market a Morant than Trae.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He balled out.

Random thought to keep an eye on, but are y'all noticing all of a sudden shooting isn't so premium to being successful anymore?

Each of them (except Simmons) CAN shoot but its not their marketable trait. Is the NBA making another shift back to driving, fast breaks, and athleticism, after realizing there are only so many Steph Curry types in a generation? Lol

A lot of these young guys are the break you down and meet me at the rim type players. Maybe explains why they would rather market a Morant than Trae.

@AHF, the kid is nice

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He balled out.

The top talent this year was light on shooting. Dont think it's a shift, teams are taking what's available. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Isaac Okoro had a nice debut. 18 pts on 6-9 and the game winner. Impressive.

"Game winning layup" lol..Good debut for sure..Cant wait to see our rookie in action....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They played a style of ball that so conducive to open court play that none of them play half court offense all that well scoring wise.

I think LaMelo has the best bet to succeed on that end since he's more shifty than Lonzo.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@AHF, the kid is nice

If he shows up with a good jumper this season then my fear for not wanting him won’t be born out.  I’ll give him at least a couple months in the regular season before judging.  Nice preseason debut for sure though.  He isn’t a player I have any personal like or dislike for.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

We're gonna regret passing on Avdija.

It's preseason.  He'd be just like OO on this team, not getting minutes.  Although, OO would have a higher chance of getting minutes because he can play Center.  Who are you going to sit to play Avdija?  Cam, Hunter, John, or Gallo?

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's preseason.  He'd be just like OO on this team, not getting minutes.  Although, OO would have a higher chance of getting minutes because he can play Center.  Who are you going to sit to play Avdija?  Cam, Hunter, John, or Gallo?

Im talking long term, as a talent, I think Deni is more intriguing than OO. OO is going to be solid for us nevertheless. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Im talking long term, as a talent, I think Deni is more intriguing than OO. OO is going to be solid for us nevertheless. 

What do you mean by this? Based off one preseason game where teams are just working on sets and specific aspects of their game plan? 

Not saying Deni isn't going to be good, but to say the Hawks are going to regret not drafting Deni off one preseason game seems a bit premature.  You've yet to see OO play.  He should have a much bigger impact on the defensive end long term and his offense should not be terrible. 

Just doesn't seem practical to say the team will "regret" passing on him. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1