• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

John needs to look at the players in his tier.

Christian Wood - All man, he's getting 20+, nope, 10 per.

Harrell - Easily 18-20 per, nope, 10 per. 

The last thing you want to do is have a terrible playoffs performance on your resume when people already question your impact on the game. Collins, be smart brother.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

John needs to look at the players in his tier.

Christian Wood - All man, he's getting 20+, nope, 10 per.

Harrell - Easily 18-20 per, nope, 10 per. 

The last thing you want to do is have a terrible playoffs performance on your resume when people already question your impact on the game. Collins, be smart brother.

I think you're only one who thought Wood would get 20+ per. And most of us thought 20 would be an overpay for Harrell even before he bombed in the bubble. JC is in a different tier than those two. He has to bomb to go down to 20. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I think you're only one who thought Wood would get 20+ per. And most of us thought 20 would be an overpay for Harrell even before he bombed in the bubble. JC is in a different tier than those two. He has to bomb to go down to 20. 

I never thought Wood would get anywhere close to 20+ per. I was high on Harrell get paid. He got exposed in the playoffs. He had an offer for 14 per but he took less to join a contender. 

JC hasn't really proven shit. That's the part that makes me laugh at the idea of overpaying him. His numbers are meaningless. They don't equal wins. They just equal production. Hassan Whiteside is extremely productive and he just signed for the min. Paying JC more than 15 per is just paying on hope to be honest. 20 per is delusional. 25 per is fireable. 

That's why JC needs to be smart. Take this deal, don't risk a lot of money when you are en vogue outside of Hawksquawk and Chris Khrisher's mind. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
17 hours ago, terrell said:

My dad only lived to be 73. He was a victim of covid-19 this year unfortunately..Stay healthy...Go Hawks!

Really sorry to hear that, Terrell.  Too many of us have lost people.

:sad:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope I'm still able to comment on here when Im 84...I'm 34 years away. lol..You're blessed Gray Mule..

My dad only lived to be 73. He was a victim of covid-19 this year unfortunately..Stay healthy...Go Hawks!

Sorry for your loss 😢

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I never thought Wood would get anywhere close to 20+ per. I was high on Harrell get paid. He got exposed in the playoffs. He had an offer for 14 per but he took less to join a contender. 

JC hasn't really proven shit. That's the part that makes me laugh at the idea of overpaying him. His numbers are meaningless. They don't equal wins. They just equal production. Hassan Whiteside is extremely productive and he just signed for the min. Paying JC more than 15 per is just paying on hope to be honest. 20 per is delusional. 25 per is fireable. 

That's why JC needs to be smart. Take this deal, don't risk a lot of money when you are en vogue outside of Hawksquawk and Chris Khrisher's mind. 

I hope you are right and we get John for a deal but so far you've compared him to a bunch of guys who can't shot from beyond 2 feet.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hope I'm still able to comment on here when Im 84...I'm 34 years away. lol..You're blessed Gray Mule..

I'm so sorry.  That's way too young and i know no matter the circumstances, losing a parent is really difficult.   Take care of yourself. 

• Thanks 1

I want JC back, but if the market is like 4/40, JC can't say no, and says he deserves 4/120. Even if you have an idiot out there like the Knicks, 4/70 is like the max overpay and that's assuming it won't be matched. 

This reminds me of Nerlens Noel. Know where the game is. NBA teams aren't dying for 6'9 tweeners who are below average on defense and can't consistently create their own shot and draw the attention of the defense. They just aren't doing that. His biggest advantage is his youth/potential but if teams doubt your potential and the Hawks make an overpay offer that to you seems like a massive underpay, you are sadly mistaken. Teams are valuing defense more than offense at PF and C unless you are an elite offensive player like KAT or Jokic. 

JC needs to be smart about this. The Hawks don't need you anymore. 

Hunter can be the 4 spot. Okongwu can play the 4 spot. Gallo is a 4. 

They would like to keep you. No one in the NBA needs you. If this is the case, boy take any offer higher than the market place. DON'T BET on yourself. Only bet on yourself if Atlanta is offering you under the market place or way under the market place.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter can be the 4 spot. Okongwu can play the 4 spot. Gallo is a 4. 

I'm just playing devil's advocate here because i totally get what you are saying, but those 3 guys, at least right now aren't starting PFs on a contender.   Maybe Gallo but the other two would just be hope at this point.  

To your other point Wood has shot ok but has a pretty limited resume and he certainly hasn't impacted winning for anyone.   It's pretty clear that JC had a huge impact on our ability to win games.  

But I get what you're saying.  I don't want to overpay either especially when we have a lot of pay days ahead.  But I also think we need him and if we aren't able to sign him we'll spend the next few years trying to fill the spot with guys who aren't as good. 

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

I'm just playing devil's advocate here because i totally get what you are saying, but those 3 guys, at least right now aren't starting PFs on a contender.   Maybe Gallo but the other two would just be hope at this point.  

To your other point Wood has shot ok but has a pretty limited resume and he certainly hasn't impacted winning for anyone.   It's pretty clear that JC had a huge impact on our ability to win games.  

But I get what you're saying.  I don't want to overpay either especially when we have a lot of pay days ahead.  But I also think we need him and if we aren't able to sign him we'll spend the next few years trying to fill the spot with guys who aren't as good. 

And you think JC is? Gallo is the only PF on the roster that's proven to be a high impact player as a starter for playoff teams and the difference maker as well. The first thing I seen Orlando fans saying was, Gallo is too good to come off the bench and he's better than JC. These weren't bias fans. They have nothing against JC or for him. On this site, we are delusional when it comes to JC. That's fine, I remember it was the same way at the same stage for Josh Smith. By the end of the season, people finally was seeing what I been seeing and that's fine honestly because the only thing that matters is if the Hawks see it too. 

JC deserves enough respect not be be directly compared to Big O or Hunter at this stage but let's be clear. My post isn't saying, JC isn't wanted because he clearly is. He's no longer needed. He's a nice to have and you pay nice to haves accordingly. 

Neither player impacts winning. JC doesn't and Wood doesn't. Wood impact metrics mirror JCs in year 2. That said, I am not delusional, I know his game and I know he's not that damn valuable. 

You can overpay especially to showcase loyalty but if the market is 4/40 and Atlanta offers 4/55. That's an elite contract for your market rate. Now the issue is, JC might think his market is 4/120. In that case, JC is delusional. He is basically Nerlens Noel Jr.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

And you think JC is? Gallo is the only PF on the roster that's proven to be a high impact player as a starter for playoff teams and the difference maker as well. The first thing I seen Orlando fans saying was, Gallo is too good to come off the bench and he's better than JC. These weren't bias fans. They have nothing against JC or for him. On this site, we are delusional when it comes to JC. That's fine, I remember it was the same way at the same stage for Josh Smith. By the end of the season, people finally was seeing what I been seeing and that's fine honestly because the only thing that matters is if the Hawks see it too. 

JC deserves enough respect not be be directly compared to Big O or Hunter at this stage but let's be clear. My post isn't saying, JC isn't wanted because he clearly is. He's no longer needed. He's a nice to have and you pay nice to haves accordingly. 

Neither player impacts winning. JC doesn't and Wood doesn't. Wood impact metrics mirror JCs in year 2. That said, I am not delusional, I know his game and I know he's not that damn valuable. 

You can overpay especially to showcase loyalty but if the market is 4/40 and Atlanta offers 4/55. That's an elite contract for your market rate. Now the issue is, JC might think his market is 4/120. In that case, JC is delusional. He is basically Nerlens Noel Jr.

Let's hope you're right.  It's hard to forget that we were 4-21 without him and 16-26 with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Let's hope you're right.  It's hard to forget that we were 4-21 without him and 16-26 with him.

You can't possibly put the wins and losses on his lost alone. He only missed 25 games in our hardest part of the schedule where we were expecting to struggle anyway. Early on, we were getting a lot of production and some impact from Jabari till he got hurt again and lost his explosiveness and fell off vastly.

Kevin was also hurt most of the 1st half of the season or playing hurt. Let's not LeBron or Hardenize JC

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't possibly put the wins and losses on his lost alone. He only missed 25 games in our hardest part of the schedule where we were expecting to struggle anyway. Early on, we were getting a lot of production and some impact from Jabari till he got hurt again and lost his explosiveness and fell off vastly.

Kevin was also hurt most of the 1st half of the season or playing hurt. Let's not LeBron or Hardenize JC

There are always other factors but we were a crappy team all year that was decidedly less crappy when JC was playing.   Hell we were 2-3 before his suspension.    It would be harder to argue that he didn't have an impact on winning last season than that he did.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There are always other factors but we were a crappy team all year that was decidedly less crappy when JC was playing.   Hell we were 2-3 before his suspension.    It would be harder to argue that he didn't have an impact on winning last season than that he did.  

He did in a Christian Wood way, not in an impactful Basketball player way. How can you knock Wood for doing exactly what JC is doing?

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He did in a Christian Wood way, not in an impactful Basketball player way. How can you knock Wood for doing exactly what JC is doing but better than JC is doing it?

I don't know what that first part means but if it causes us to win more games then I'm fine if it's in an Elijah Wood way.

I never knocked Wood but not sure how you make the case that Wood has been better than JC to this point. 

• Thanks 1