• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

I might have done a disservice to Christian Wood comparing him to JC because the 2nd season of JC was similar to Wood metrics wise with Wood have a better isolation game. No, Wood is much better in isolation than JC.

He is lanky but he's a more smooth handler of the rock as if he could be a wing on offense with a big man ability to roll and pop. Wood might be a steal steal now that he's with his own Trae in Harden and maybe his last year was not just for real, but it was special considering who he was playing with in Detroit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wood had a good half-year and a good preseason.  That's all it takes to surpass Collins' multiple years of production I suppose.

Mind you, Wood doesn't get the knock of putting up numbers on a bad team like Collins either.  Apparently.

You show yourself again, sir.

Wood production seemed fugazi as well but if he is doing what he was doing in this game v. The Spurs, I have no reason to be down on the kid. 

I understand you are all in on JC but for many of us, our questions on him are reasonable regardless if you like it or not.

Wood looks like if John Collins and Kyle Kuzma had a baby

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

Hawks injury report: Capela (left Achilles soreness) and Reddish (right ankle soreness) are probable.  Rondo (personal reasons), Snell (inflammation, cuboid bone, right foot), Dunn (cartilage disruption, right knee) and Okongwu (inflammation, sesamoid bone, left foot) are out.

No preseason for Okungwu..

Hawks may need a backup center...Dedmon trade isnt looking too good right now..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Wood production seemed fugazi as well but if he is doing what he was doing in this game v. The Spurs, I have no reason to be down on the kid. 

I understand you are all in on JC but for many of us, our questions on him are reasonable regardless if you like it or not.

Wood looks like if John Collins and Kyle Kuzma had a baby

I'm not a huge Collins fan.  I'm just even less of a fan of applying varying "standards" when assessing players.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Honestly, I can admit JC is not without flaws,  but when I hear some of the inconsistent, moving goalpost-type arguments made against him I cant help but go to bat for the guy.

Its like, I can admit he aint a 99 overall, but dont play him like he is a scrub either. Especially when its "oh I like him, but" and then literally never saying a single positive thing about the man. 

Exactly this.  The cherry on top is painting anyone who goes to bat for Collins as some blind homer.

It's like, no I don't think he's Willie Cauley Stein but that doesn't also mean I think he's Lebron.

And furthermore, if some metric says he and Cauley Stein are similar players, that means the metric is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh well.

We won't see Gwu until 2021!

I didn't expect the Hawks to move fast with him but if the preseason has showed anything. Depending on the matchup, we need two centers on the roster and I still don't trust Bruno yet. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, High5 said:

JC can't honestly expect to get more than 1st team rookie Kuzma.

Yes he can.  He is a better player than Kuzma.  Kuzma was seriously overhyped due to playing in LA.  He actually matured some on D last season and made his first big strides (IMO).  That rookie team selection over JC was a product of marketing address.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yes he can.  He is a better player than Kuzma.  Kuzma was seriously overhyped due to playing in LA.  He actually matured some on D last season and made his first big strides (IMO).  That rookie team selection over JC was a product of marketing address.

I can't believe you thought that was a serious post.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

I can't believe you thought that was a serious post.

Should have seen who posted it and thought better of it.....but....we've seen some unkind comparisons in the past that didn't lead me to properly filtering it.  My bad.

Oops.  

Missed Layup GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 3