• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp and Preseason 2020.

JayBirdHawk

On 11/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, marco102 said:

Like to see these guys working hard together. @TheNorthCydeRises's going to like this one shows off Bruno's athletiscm.

Bruno has the best lateral quickness of the guys there. Once the game slows down and he gets a better feel for the position at this level, he's gonna be good. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With the exception of Okongwu, these are 3rd stringers. 

So you thinkin' Oko starts over Collins then?  I'm messin' with you, supes.  Don't take that bait.

I think it's ok to be cautious about "depth" especially since, although we've gotten positive reports for weeks now, none of us have seen proof of life on Capela yet either.  Our supposed depth could be tenuous especially when you factor in Gallinari is probably gonna miss time (he always does) and Rondo will be load managed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So all 3 players, Dunn, Okongwu and Snell will be re-evaluated on the 11th, which is the 1st preseason game.  I don't think we'll see any of these 3 for the preseason games.

If they are available, it would be limited to say the least. I could easily see Okongwu missing the preseason. Dunn will play a game or two and Snell will miss it as well. 

What's the harm

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If they are available, it would be limited to say the least. I could easily see Okongwu missing the preseason. Dunn will play a game or two and Snell will miss it as well. 

What's the harm in bringing in a few extra bodies? I know Travis said we would probably go into camp with 17 players but that was before the MRI results.   For all we know someone else could get injured before the 11th.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

What's the harm

What's the harm in bringing in a few extra bodies? I know Travis said we would probably go into camp with 17 players but that was before the MRI results.   For all we know someone else could get injured before the 11th.

My guess is we see the 2 Gleaguers get playing time.  I think they were keeping it at 17 instead of the training camp 20 because of COVID (I read it somewhere but can't find it now)

Dunn's MRI was on the 24th which means this was a part of his physical and something we knew of before officially signing him on Fri/Saturday.

The delay was probably to determine the treatment and timeline and if it would be worth our while to bring him on this season.

I hate that he misses training camp and possibly pre season. His defensive intensity was going to be a tone setter in practice and help establish a competitive mindset, even if he wasnt 1st or 2nd string. 

We knew of Okungwu possibly missing time. The Snell injury only makes the Hill signing make even more sense now.

Expect more minor injury rest days after a long layoff. These guys are going to be eased back in to full throttle basketball. 

The "17" might become the "11" healthy bodies real fast.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bruno has the best lateral quickness of the guys there. Once the game slows down and he gets a better feel for the position at this level, he's gonna be good. 

He showed it at the combine...

Disappointed to see Kris Dunn on the training camp injury report with knee issues......I already knew about Okungwu..Snell probably wont play much anyway...Capela is ready to go though which is great news........😀

Edited by terrell

If Okungwu is out for TC and the preseason, the Hawks may need to cut Hill and sign another BIg(or bring back Skal) Im afraid..I dont want to see much of Collins at the 5 this year...

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It will be good to see a little bit of this kid. He looked really good in his highlights.

Poor mans FVV but bigger and more athletic...lol

Edited by terrell

On 11/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, marco102 said:

Like to see these guys working hard together. @TheNorthCydeRises's going to like this one shows off Bruno's athletiscm.

He showed flashes of it last year.

He just has to stop playing not to make a mistake, and just . . play.  No matter how quick LP yanks him out the game, just go out and play.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

You gotta love to see it! Bruno in the socks though. 😂

Bruno must've had a bad incident as a child out on the sand.  He's from Luanda, Angola, which is a coastal city.  So I know he had to play on the beach.

Probably got stung by a jellyfish or something.

• Like 3