• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm trying to make all these moves makes sense:

• saves us $7 million off Gallo's deal. 
  • Beasley takes over Huerter's role as the backup SG. 
  • Draft Segun as a backup 4/5. 
  • Sign a FA Center and PG with our newly acquired capspace.

I don't think Gallo deal would be straight up. Maybe it is but it seems like it was a package from the call. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But I thought that Beasley have legal issues right now or something like that but I can see the Hawks do that and allow us to match any offer for John while getting a decent Center and PG.

I dont see this happening but if it does, Travis needs to stay for life.

IIRC - he has settled the case, he received 120 days in jail starting June 4th.  

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Beasley is currently serving a 4 month bid in prison. I’m not trading Gallo for him.

But if we do traded Huerter then we need to find a replacement for him but we can not pay them.  But we can save money to get another C/PG that can help out

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think Gallo deal would be straight up. Maybe it is but it seems like it was a package from the call. 

I edited my original:

Gallo for Beasley and Hernangomez or Culver.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I edited my original:

Gallo for Beasley and Hernangomez or Culver.

I am not sure, but I could imagine this would be the framework. They just added T. Prince as well. They want shooters all around and they like what they got with Russell. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I saw that too Sothy. He’s got a nice little passing touch.

He has a very nice game to him and I can see why teams wants him.

@capstone21 I dont want to trade him either but we dont have enough money to keep everybody and that shows that this team is good with finding talent.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

I am not a fan of trading any of the young core. 

Same. Makes me sad to know Cam or Huerter will be awesome and not for us. I used to love trades but .. I LOVE OUR CORE. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I am not a fan of trading any of the young core. 

If we stand pat on big trades tonight I may celebrate lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Same. Makes me sad to know Cam or Huerter will be awesome and not for us. I used to love trades but .. I LOVE OUR CORE. 

If we stand pat on big trades tonight I may celebrate lol.

It make you remember that WLOC meme we did when want to make a trade but couldnt but now we love our WLOC and they have to go to another team.  Life as a small market team (While the Nets and Lakers is up there with the cap)

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I saw that too Sothy. He’s got a nice little passing touch.

D. Sabonis is another great comparsion. 

I would be very happy if we picked this kid. I didn't think we'd have a shot at him so I haven't even entertained the idea of getting him. He would be JC protection and also play backup PF/C depending on matchup.

• Like 1

Well, I think is already risky to switch Huerter and 20 for 11. That is changing Huerter and Butler or Springer for Sengun, that is a lot for a big without size and athleticism. Travis really needs to believe in this guy.

If we additionally trade Gallo for Beasley we will vive our 2 best shooters for guys that do not shoot or shoot worst. We cannot pair Capela with Sengun. I just don’t see it, our strenght is 3pt shooting.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Well, I think is already risky to switch Huerter and 20 for 11. That is changing Huerter and Butler or Springer for Sengun, that is a lot for a big without size and athleticism. Travis really needs to believe in this guy.

If we additionally trade Gallo for Beasley we will vive our 2 best shooters for guys that do not shoot or shoot worst. We cannot pair Capela with Sengun. I just don’t see it, our strenght is 3pt shooting.

Sengun is 6'10 and 240 so he's got a NBA frame at 19. I'm not saying we have to trade Red Velvet for this guy but if we're moving Gallo for Beasley then Sengun steps right into the backup PF/C role. Heck depending on the JC situation he might start for us.

hace 1 minuto, Sothron dijo:

Sengun is 6'10 and 240 so he's got a NBA frame at 19. I'm not saying we have to trade Red Velvet for this guy but if we're moving Gallo for Beasley then Sengun steps right into the backup PF/C role. Heck depending on the JC situation he might start for us.

I think you cannot pair Capela and Sengun, they work on the same space.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, gurpilo said:

I think you cannot pair Capela and Sengun, they work on the same space.

I disagree. Sengun can play low post while Capela is setting high screen. One can vacate for other to roll to the rim. Sengun has a jump shot unlike Capela.

• Like 1