• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

I think we came out of the draft very well. Jalen could be an absolute steal at 20 much like Collins was at 18 in his draft. Cooper is a shot in the dark as all second round picks are but he does have vision, playmaking ability and could provide a spark.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So we didnt trade away the young core. I'm absolutely shocked.  

My advice to board, your powers of reason will guide you better than non sense rumors.

Nothing is guaranteed, however....'conversations' happen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Looking forward now to the real meat of our offseason. This was the appetizer.

Trading Dunn might be the salad.

Then begins the main course.... in order of priority, not necessarily chronology... (a) JC signed, (b) #2 PG obtained, (c) 1/2 season big obtained.

Desert will be filling out the rest of the rest of the 3rd string.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Just leaving this here:

• The Timberwolves inquired on Danilo Gallinari prior to Minnesota trading Ricky Rubio to Cleveland. The Hawks shot down the Wolves’ offer. Minnesota ended up trading Rubio to Cleveland for former Hawk Taurean Prince.

Initial draft thoughts: Hawks gamble in first round, get tremendous value in second – The Athletic

• Like 3

Just now, thecampster said:

LOL I was just starting work on the state of the Hawks Cap post draft edition.

Yooo .. I was just about to post the same thing, no cap.

😏

Kidding, just chimed in to let folks know it looks like Moses Wright will be playing SL for TOR.  Siakim replacement?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Anxious for ....[Perry Mason intro cues in the background]... what's being overheard from the jury room regarding the Dunn verdict. [... dun... da-dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn].

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can find a team to take Dunn and 2nd into their capspace.  @NBASupes  siad there is a market for Dunn.  Barring that, we would need to find a team with capspace and offer them a 2nd to take him into their capspace (OKC)

I don't think OKC has player space right now. We should find a suitor for Dunn. Maybe not right now but within phase 2 of the FA process.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It matters because the sooner Dunn's verdict is... done... Schlenk knows what cap space he has to work with (which ostensibly, ideally, gets used on some asset--possibly the new vet big--just prior to JC's contract getting... done). Want to have the entire MLE if we need it in order to acquire #2 PG.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think OKC has player space right now. We should find a suitor for Dunn. Maybe not right now but within phase 2 of the FA process.

I know you said Phase 2 - but it has to be sooner than later to clear any meaningful capspace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just think...1 year ago so many were  excited about this signing. Now everyone is trying to get rid of him even if it means giving up draft capital! Lol!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes @thecampster

Is there a chance Hawks look to move Gallo during FAcy? We know teams are calling.

Teams that have money to spend but get shut out in Free Agency will turn to the trade market. Teams looking to drop salary (like GS) will look to trade down and out for a player like Gallo.