• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Standard 25% Max using $112 salary cap with full 8% raises:

$28, $30.2, $32.65, $35.27, $38.09 = $164.2 million

For comparison, Brandon Imgram signed a 5yr/$158 deal with a $109 salary cap.

As it stands based on this, John falls way short of a true Max deal if its 5 years. And if it 4 years then its still just under that too.

• Like 1

We gotta get Collins back either way. I mean if folks develop in the future and we wanna swing him that’s fine but we need him on our team for the upcoming season.

He’s in his early 20’s his value with only increase imo.

hace 16 minutos, Spud2nique dijo:

We gotta get Collins back either way. I mean if folks develop in the future and we wanna swing him that’s fine but we need him on our team for the upcoming season.

He’s in his early 20’s his value with only increase imo.

I agree, I want him back but I don't think we should pay more than what was offered last year. Which has been the best contract offer he has received? Why we should increase our offer by 30m$ with no competition?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree, I want him back but I don't think we should pay more than what was offered last year. Which has been the best contract offer he has received? Why we should increase our offer by 30m$ with no competition?

Because there is competition.  He would get a max offer from another team anyway IMO.  He's only 23, is an excellent finisher AND he spreads the floor.  Still has upside, already had a 20/10 season and just came off a deep playoff run.  There is zero doubt he would get a big offer elsewhere.

hace 2 minutos, AtLaS dijo:

Because there is competition.  He would get a max offer from another team anyway IMO.  He's only 23, is an excellent finisher AND he spreads the floor.  Still has upside, already had a 20/10 season and just came off a deep playoff run.  There is zero doubt he would get a big offer elsewhere.

Well I don’t agree, I think he is slightly worse than Sabonis and he got 4 years 85m$ contract, I think the offer of 4 years 90m$ is more than fair to be honest. Which team is going to pay him a max contract?  He was not even 2nd best player on the playoff run, Capela was and he makes 20 a year. You cannot have 4 max players on the team.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Odds we extend Kevin early as well?

I haven't heard his name mentioned and I've asked a thousand times. The same repeats, JC is the priority, Trae contract extension is next. That don't mean it won't happen, it could.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Sorry Sabonis is 4 years 75m$, would you really pay Collins 5 years 120?

Indiana is just lucky that Sabonis accepted the 75.  If he hit the open market he would get a max too.  It's just the nature of free agency.  Yes i would absolutely give Collins 5/125, it's more likely going to be 4/120 ish tho.  Regardless, if Reddish and Heurter (i feel like Hunter is already there) continue to develop into star level players and command big money we can always trade Collins later and get value for him.  There is no sense in letting Collins walk for nothing before any of those guys get paid.  If we need to cut salary, trade Gallo but I don't even think we are at that point yet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

For 5 years I can see it, and even deal with it. For 4 years that's a hell no from me. 

First thing Monday.. I say we offer JC 5 years 133 Million with a PO after 3 and a TO after 4. 

Do the math.  5 starters, each one gets the max - 30% of the total payroll up to the top.  That's 150% of the payroll.  Now, the next five should make at least half of what the starters are paid.  That's 15% of total payroll.  15% X 5 + three fourths of the total.  Now we are paying out 9 fourths of the payroll.  The remaining players get 1/4 of the total payroll.  Yep.  This means we are paying double the payroll allowable.

The simple point being, you can't do this.  

:smug:

6’10” 250. Read the Bucks can only give him 5.9 million. Should we offer up? He would set really big wide screens for Trae. He never backs down. He’s like this generations Anthony Mason met the X man Xavier McDaniel. 

Anyone want that big load in Atlanta? 7 mill a year..8?..not 9 mill a season? That’s insane. That’s all we have money wise right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

So consider Washington who would like to get out of Betrans long commitment. They could move Len and Bertrans for Gallo. Free up salary for future free agency.  If we move him it'll either be to a team needing to add salary or a move like that.

Len is a FA right?

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

6’10” 250. Read the Bucks can only give him 5.9 million. Should we offer up? He would set really big wide screens for Trae. He never backs down. He’s like this generations Anthony Mason met the X man Xavier McDaniel. 

Anyone want that big load in Atlanta? 7 mill a year..8?..not 9 mill a season? That’s insane. That’s all we have money wise right?

I would give him 9 mil per. He was excellent off the bench in Milwaukee. Scoring inside and outside, all while playing good defense. Honestly should have gotten more votes as 6th man in my opinion.

• Like 1