• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me clarify that previous statement.

Gallo comes 100% of the books after 22/23 and probably won't finish his contract here.

Capella comes off the books after 22/23 and will probably resign here at a bit of a discount.

Bogi has a player option for 23/24 and will probably reject it to negotiate a new deal and will probably leave.

Cam and Hunter come up for new contracts in 23/24. So as long as Gallo is moved by the end of 21/22, we can sign all 5 without much of impact.

I have extreme doubts. I am always against ascending contracts for Restricted FAs. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have extreme doubts. I am always against ascending contracts for Restricted FAs. 

But descending contracts are rare. How many guys have them?  Buddy Heild is the one I can think of recently.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But descending contracts are rare. How many guys have them?  Buddy Heild is the one I can think of recently.

A number of guys have signed them but Buddy is one that signed one just recently. f*** JC honestly! He better be great in the playoffs. That bullshit he did in this years playoffs ain't acceptable. He needs to be great.

These type of deals can cripple a franchise 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

To no one in particular....

Having worked through the 21-22 and 22-23 numbers, I wouldn't be one to anticipate that Schlenk will treat Kvon any differently than he has JC. Meaning, he may get an extension offer, but it will lean hard toward the team friendly side. He'll likely pass. And this time next year, we'll likely be having the same basic RFA conversation about Kvon instead of JC.

• Like 4

TBH, my concern isn't with the salaries right now or the contract lengths, its with us not taking a center to develop this year for when after Clint's contract is up in 2 years. Either OO's your guy and you need his backup or OO's a F/C and you need a starter/backup. I'm wondering if in free agency we don't take one to develop and one to play.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The offseason, especially post playoffs, usually involve the coaches looking at what you did well or not and then give you a game plan. The team can't mandate things in the off-season (official team activities) but they still stay in contact with players and work with them on things they want them to work on in the off-season. Many teams will find (and in some cases pay for) players to get specialized work in the areas of weight training, handles, post up games, shooting coach etc...  After the season ends, the coaches do a ton of film work, hire consultants to help review tape, make suggestions and the like.  Players usually get time off following the season and take vacations with their families or let their bodies repair (usually 2-4 weeks) and then will check in with their team and have 1 on 1's either in person with their agents with the team/coaches. Its at this time the team will provide feedback, areas they would like them to work on and provide preferred resources if need be.  Every team's rules are different for off-season check ins and many coincide with drug testing, mandatory physicals, etc.

For each of the last 2 off-seasons, JC has been asked to work on his body and outside shooting. I tend to believe lower body weight training, ball handling, decision making and passing out of the post will be his team suggestions this off season. Lets try to remember he is still just 23 and will turn 24 at the start of training camp. 25 years ago, age 23 would have been his rookie season.

I'll believe it when I see it. I was extremely disappointed in JC this playoff run if we are talking this type of contract. If this was 5th man money, I could care less but this is franchise player money. I really don't see that shit with JC. I hope he brings it, because he's going to be expected to. It's not enough to defend him when he's getting franchise player money. It's easy to do it now being that he's on a rookie deal. I don't think Smoove or Al ever got franchise player money from the Hawks. Only Iso Joe and he had to deal with high expectations and obviously Marvin because of where was drafted. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Raise your hand if you thought there was any deal Jollins could sign that ol supes wouldn't rail against. 

Yep, thought not.

Not true, I wanted him back and was okay with him making legit starters money. This is franchise player money. I really hold that type of money to high standards and JC hasn't shown me that he has that type of impact on the game. Honestly, this is already a shitty contract. One that could and will likely hurt us down the road. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not true, I wanted him back and was okay with him making legit starters money. This is franchise player money. I really hold that type of money to high standards and JC hasn't shown me that he has that type of impact on the game. Honestly, this is already a shitty contract. One that could and will likely hurt us down the road. 

I don’t why you get upset about money, it means nothing in the soft cap NBA. Only thing that matters is are we winning. Don’t mess with the winning formula. NBA teams can do what they want. Did you ever think you would see what you are seeing in LA and Brooklyn. Let’s not even mention Golden State. The cap is at 132 Mil this year before paying luxury tax. We are nearly 40 mil under that. Schlenk has already set the math up in future years so that we maintain good cap flexibility even with John and Trae’s extension.  Let that man get his. Plus he is the type of guy that won’t let the money change him and will still be a good team guy, spokesman, and leader for the franchise. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I don’t why you get upset about money, it means nothing in the soft cap NBA. Only thing that matters is are we winning. Don’t mess with the winning formula. NBA teams can do what they want. Did you ever think you would see what you are seeing in LA and Brooklyn. Let’s not even mention Golden State. The cap is at 132 Mil this year before paying luxury tax. We are nearly 40 mil under that. Schlenk has already set the math up in future years so that we maintain good cap flexibility even with John and Trae’s extension.  Let that man get his. Plus he is the type of guy that won’t let the money change him and will still be a good team guy, spokesman, and leader for the franchise. 

Everyone says this till we peak. 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Let me clarify that previous statement.

Gallo comes 100% of the books after 22/23 and probably won't finish his contract here.

Capella comes off the books after 22/23 and will probably resign here at a bit of a discount.

Bogi has a player option for 23/24 and will probably reject it to negotiate a new deal and will probably leave.

Cam and Hunter come up for new contracts in 23/24. So as long as Gallo is moved by the end of 21/22, we can sign all 5 without much of impact.

Yea, but the problem with having the whole core on their second contract is we will not be able to afford to bring in quality vets, like we did with Gallo and Bogi. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If the Hawks get popped with an anonymous tampering charge, I know where it came from.

🙃

Don't do that to us, supes.

• Haha 3