• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes @thecampster

Is there a chance Hawks look to move Gallo during FAcy? We know teams are calling.

It would make sense because of the salary. But then again it might be related to how quickly Jalen can show he's ready for backup minutes, and I have my doubts about that as a rookie.

I've been wondering if Gallo, Delon, and/or one of our young core might end up in a consolidation trade before the deadline for a star player. Delon's salary is a nice new addition that helps make some of those scenarios work better. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Teams that have money to spend but get shut out in Free Agency will turn to the trade market. Teams looking to drop salary (like GS) will look to trade down and out for a player like Gallo.

So consider Washington who would like to get out of Betrans long commitment. They could move Len and Bertrans for Gallo. Free up salary for future free agency.  If we move him it'll either be to a team needing to add salary or a move like that.

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So consider Washington who would like to get out of Betrans long commitment. They could move Len and Bertrans for Gallo. Free up salary for future free agency.  If we move him it'll either be to a team needing to add salary or a move like that.

I actually like this…but MAN we’d be so deep it’s insane like really. 

Gallo is better than both of them though honestly but I like that Bertans is younger  and a slightly better 3pt shooter.

Gallo is a better playoff performer so that’s big too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Delon, and/or one of our young core might end up in a consolidation trade before the deadline for a star player. Delon's salary is a nice new addition that helps make some of those scenarios work better. 

I can see this. A package for Gallo, Delon and a future pick. I’d like to keep Delon but getting rid of Gallo’s contract might help a lot too. Would miss him short term.

Personally I’d try and swing Gallo. I have a feeling we dodged some bullets in keeping him relatively healthy. 

I’d hate for an injury to him that would keep him out significantly. I realize injuries can happen to anyone but Gallo plays a herky jerky brand of ball and every time he makes a move to the hole I hold my breath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Personally I’d try and swing Gallo. I have a feeling we dodged some bullets in keeping him relatively healthy. 

I’d hate for an injury to him that would keep him out significantly. I realize injuries can happen to anyone but Gallo plays a herky jerky brand of ball and every time he makes a move to the hole I hold my breath.

JC making the max. Scust. TS already f***ing up. Can't trade Gallo. We need to get rid of him in 2022 for 5 mil

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His max is 126 for other teams. That's a max deal.

So MAX in title only. But not a backbreaking contract by any means. 

A MAX from us is somewhere in the $172-180 range if Im not mistaken

Sounds like JC is getting anywhere from 24 to 25 mil per year, which is what most of us had been saying all season long. The difference is the 5th year, which plenty are debating about the consequences of right now.

Either way, he was offered 22.5 per  before the season, he will only get slightly more than that now, I don't see it as awful by any means.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So MAX it title only. But not a backbreaking contract by any means. 

A MAX from us is somewhere in the $172-180 range if Im not mistaken

Sounds like JC is getting anywhere from 24 to 25 mil per year, which is what most of us had been saying all season long. The difference is the 5th year, which plenty are debating about the consequences of right now.

Either way, he was offered 22.5 per  before the season, he will only get slightly more than than now, I don't see it as awful by any means.

Standard 25% Max using $112 salary cap with full 8% raises:

$28, $30.2, $32.65, $35.27, $38.09 = $164.2 million

For comparison, Brandon Imgram signed a 5yr/$158 deal with a $109 salary cap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Standard 25% Max using $112 salary cap with full 8% raises:

$28, $30.2, $32.65, $35.27, $38.09 = $164.2 million

For comparison, Brandon Imgram signed a 5yr/$158 deal with a $109 salary cap.

I was using the 30% numbers but I follow.

To me, when people toss around the Max title, it's based on the guys in that 30% class

John is still under 25% as it stands now.

Edited by RedDawg#8