• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

Two things I can't wrap my head around ..

1. Kyle Lowry is good but people are talking about him as if he's an all-time great.  I still remember the pre-Kawhi Lowry melting down in the playoffs.  All he is now is several years older.  You gonna pay that dude $30+ million?

2. That being said, New Orleans' pursuit of him is strange.  Smacks of desperation.  Chris Paul was able to elevate the Suns because they were already trending upward.  Unlike Miami, Phoenix proved their bubble performance was real.  You can make an argument that they were likely to make the playoffs even if Paul had never come.

Anyone think this PeliCan'ts bunch is on an upward trajectory?  Not me.  Lowry may help but there's a lot more questions in New Orleans than there were in Phoenix.  Adding an overpaid, borderline all-star to the mix doesn't seem like a sure thing.

Plus, have you seen that boodee on Lowry?  Him and Zion might eat the 'Can'ts outta house and home.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's this mean?   We're 100 lockstep in that we're either going to sign him, match him, or trade him?  I don't get it. 

Maybe look at the Bogd situation last year where SAC was decidedly NOT in lockstep with him.

Jollins may be back, he may not be back.  But it won't hinge on a poor relationship with mgt.

That's my guess. Of course, I'm not @NBASupes  ... no matter how much we might sound alike. 

#SquawkBurnerAcct?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt that way during the trade deadline. Now, it's just clear it's the media running a racket. 

We should start a site and just spread fake rumors.  We could do podcasts and everything.  We'd have our own show on BSPN before anybody caught onto the scam.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.2cc1220f7a92d71b8dd1a39008d48085.gif

You could wear that fit in 2021 and get all the ladies.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Plus, have you seen that boodee on Lowry?  Him and Zion might eat the 'Can'ts outta house and home.

Ya I posted somewhere this can’t work out. Too many 2am late night workouts at in n out.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We should start a site and just spread fake rumors.  We could do podcasts and everything.  We'd have our own show on BSPN before anybody caught onto the scam.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's this mean?   We're 100 lockstep in that we're either going to sign him, match him, or trade him?  I don't get it. 

Think of it this way in simpler terms:

Under no circumstances will another team sign JC to an offer sheet and have the Hawks waive goodbye to him ala Bogi. 

They will try to sign him to a team approved deal first.  If he wants to sign with another team for more than we want, we will look to get a meaningful S&T offer.  If he simply signs an offer sheet with another team or they don't give us a meaningful offer, we won't back off and let him go like Sacto but will match.  He is either coming back here or getting moved on a deal that TS approves.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

giphy.gif

Did we just unveil BSPN's business model?

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Think of it this way in simpler terms:

Under no circumstances will another team sign JC to an offer sheet and have the Hawks waive goodbye to him ala Bogi. 

They will try to sign him to a team approved deal first.  If he wants to sign with another team for more than we want, we will look to get a meaningful S&T offer.  If he simply signs an offer sheet with another team or they don't give us a meaningful offer, we won't back off and let him go like Sacto but will match.  He is either coming back here or getting moved on a deal that TS approves.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47pzl7gkp0nszlfh0sre

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Before someone ask me, I have no clue on Wasserman's latest report that the Hawks are looking to move up. I just texted my guy and he came back quickly and said, no clue. 

Probably just some filler to drum up some interest on the picks before ours. At least that is the only thing I could think of.

Edited by HawksNWaffles

Journalism at its best.. @kg01 “he’s hard”.. :mellow:… ummmmm ya, listen Eric it’s been great but I gotta run 🏃‍♀️ 💨 

Lonzo Ball done with the Pelicans

i_81_93_6f_lonzo-ball.png?w=190

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sweet spot for this guy...

2021-07-29_09-46-49.png

Pacers are said to be looking for a player immediately ready to contribute hence why they are looking to trade the #13 pick. Huerter??? might be their guy.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Go get your man TS. 

Who/what are you trading to get the #13 pick?

• Premium Member

For all my talk about the dire need to get someone proven to some degree to become our #2 PG, truth is, history says to have more faith in the General's draft acquisitions. If he were to get Mitchell or Butler with expectations that gets the job done, I'd cringe a little b/c it's that much more of a wild card how they'd do in the postseason. But depending on what he had to give up, I'd sigh, and say "okay."