• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, georgia said:

@NBASupes

I'm ok with it, but where would Bagley play if we got him and kept JC?

My understanding is Bagley is a depth move like Culver would be. He wouldn't be core or key rotation. He would be simply depth meaning his minutes aren't guaranteed at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I have a radical idea...let's just keep our own young players and trade the old ones instead of trading young players for older players.

That seems to he what Atlanta is doing. 

Core - Trae, Cam, Hunt, Hureter, Okongwu, JC

Key Rotation - Capela, Bogi, Gallo

Rotation - Most of all FAs like Solo

Trading block - Dunn and Bruno

The issue is, there are players who are core and key rotation who executives want to believe is trading block when they are only available for the right offer which is VERY expensive. Atlanta isn't in the market of giving away assets. There is no hyped executives like we need Dunn or Bruno Fernando so you won't get clicks or headlines for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My understanding is Bagley is a depth move like Culver would be. He wouldn't be core or key rotation. He would be simply depth meaning his minutes aren't guaranteed at all.

Any idea of what we are offering the Kings? Hopefully not much for what sounds like a 12th man.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That seems to he what Atlanta is doing. 

Core - Trae, Cam, Hunt, Hureter, Okongwu, JC

Key Rotation - Capela, Bogi, Gallo

Rotation - Most of all FAs like Solo

Trading block - Dunn and Bruno

The issue is, there are players who are core and key rotation who executives want to believe is trading block when they are only available for the right offer which is VERY expensive. Atlanta isn't in the market of giving away assets. There is no hyped executives like we need Dunn or Bruno Fernando so you won't get clicks or headlines for that.

Why would the front office trade Hunter for Beal then? What in h-ll has this guy won to garner such an asking price?  Not only do I think a player like Hunter is more valuable but is a bargain. Beal is anything but a bargain. I just don't understand the ratioale.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why would the front office trade Hunter for Beal then? What in h-ll has this guy won to garner such an asking price?  Not only do I think a player like Hunter is more valuable but is a bargain. Beal is anything but a bargain. I just don't understand the ratioale.

Idk. I am not TS. Hunter wasn't the only one offered. Damn near everyone was outside of JC, Lou, Solo, and Trae it just depended on if you were main piece status or not.

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Any idea of what we are offering the Kings? Hopefully not much for what sounds like a 12th man.

From what I've gotten so far, cap relief so they can resign Richaun Holmes. They are really trying to save some dollars on a Hield trade as well. Bagley is not in their future plans. 

That said, Sacramento been active on the open market looking at deals to make them better. A lot of teams are interested in Bagley but they want Sacramento to wait till FA so they can target some key guys. Sacramento doesn't have much time. My guess is we could see something going down with Dunn and Fernando going to a 3rd team.

They want to trade him ASAP is all I was told. The only teams who can take him for cap space and don't plan on spending it on others is OKC and they aren't interested unless they get an asset. Bagley will either be 3 teamed on draft night or he will be moved the 2nd week of FA in the 2nd phase which is where the interest lays. From what I am hearing, this would not make Sacramento fans happy but they have no interest in resigning Bagley III at all and the previous management is gone.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As usual, Atlanta been active on the phones. Just about everyone has been offered or called about. Hunter, Reddish, Huerter, Okongwu, etc. 

It unlikely any trades involving the core happen. Atlanta has what is seen as an exceptionally high price for each player and teams don't see eye to eye with Atlanta. Atlanta and Golden State have been having deep trade talks for years. Last year, Atlanta wanted to trade JC and 6 for 2 and GS balked. This year, GS asked for Reddish/20 for a pick swap and Atlanta countered Kevin which GS balked. 

It seems like Atlanta is only willing to trade Reddish if they can land a legit star who's younger or restart the rookie cycle with a prospect of similar upside. Atlanta has been one of the teams who's reached out to Cleveland about Evan Mobley. That said, Cleveland rejected the offer. 

Hunter has been offered for Beal as a main piece. This wasn't declined but Washington wants more premium players and Atlanta isn't willing which is good. 

It seems like TS is leaving no stone unturned but he's not going to make a decision he regrets either. 

If we do see one of the core players traded, best believe, we will like what we are getting in return. It won't be some bullshit you see on RealGM where Atlanta loses from the offset. Its gonna be a Jalen Green, Mobley type prospect or Beal type player and for Huerter, an excellent pick with more value then what we paid for. 

That said, I am expecting a fairly uneventful 1st round for the Hawks based on what he's hearing. 

That said, I would be shocked if we pick at 48. A very good chance the pick is moved and packaged with Dunn and maybe Bruno for a young player. 

A player that Atlanta is targeting is Marvin Bagley III. I asked about Culver, it didn't seem like Atlanta was that interested in Culver. Seems like what they do at 20 and Solo return will likely mean Atlanta isn't interested in another wing. OO injury and lack of big depth has Atlanta looking to add another big and to take some of the leverage JC has in negotiations. 

JC is still Atlanta highest priority and while Atlanta knows they can't keep everyone, they want to keep everyone in their core. 

GS balked at JC and #6 for #2? If you say so. Good thing TS gets declined on all his worst trades. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I've gotten so far, cap relief so they can resign Richaun Holmes. They are really trying to save some dollars on a Hield trade as well. Bagley is not in their future plans. 

That said, Sacramento been active on the open market looking at deals to make them better. A lot of teams are interested in Bagley but they want Sacramento to wait till FA so they can target some key guys. Sacramento doesn't have much time. My guess is we could see something going down with Dunn and Fernando going to a 3rd team.

They want to trade him ASAP is all I was told. The only teams who can take him for cap space and don't plan on spending it on others is OKC and they aren't interested unless they get an asset. Bagley will either be 3 teamed on draft night or he will be moved the 2nd week of FA in the 2nd phase which is where the interest lays. From what I am hearing, this would not make Sacramento fans happy but they have no interest in resigning Bagley III at all and the previous management is gone.

Yeah, some of the Kings folks believe that Bagley will be traded during the draft and since we will not keep Dunn and Bruno plus we got that OKC (2022) 1st round that becomes 2 second rounders, that would work in a trade.  Also most folks still dont believe that we cant keep this core together.

20 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, some of the Kings folks believe that Bagley will be traded during the draft and since we will not keep Dunn and Bruno plus we got that OKC (2022) 1st round that becomes 2 second rounders, that would work in a trade.  Also most folks still dont believe that we cant keep this core together.

Kings folks still believe they can get even a fake 1st for Bagley. The biggest issue is  o one sees him as a prospect. They see him as potentially rotational. Its gonna be extremely hard to get even a fake 1st (two 2nds) for him. Especially since SAC wants direct cap space for him

15 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

The Magic might mess up everyone's draft board.

This is not a shock. Cam Reddish got some really big offers from others that shit on your garden variety from RealGM but nothing Atlanta is willing to take to get off of Reddish which is a legit top 25 player or a player that could be a top 25 player but the cost of those guys are massively high, especially the big young potentially two way wing. 

@NBASupes

Based on your info, my opinion is that Cam is in the headlines so much not because we are actively shopping him, but because teams are specifically calling about him more than the others. Everyone is available for the right price, he just happens to be the one everyone covets due to his playoff showing and overall potential. They like DAH, Kev, etc...but they love Cam.

Would you agree with this?

I gotta be honest supes @NBASupes…. I know you’re not schlenk  (duh lol) but I can’t think of one good reason he’d offer Hunter in a package deal for Beal.

Man I just don’t get that one. Could it be that Schlenk thinks Hunter is expendable because we went deep in the playoffs without him ?….but no that wouldn’t make sense because we went deep in the playoffs without Cam too!….or maybe Hunters injury is worse than we all thought ????….I don’t know but I do know almost every one agrees we are in a era where BIG wings like Hunter and Cam are hard to come by!

I would rather trade Bogi and Huerter in the same deal for Beal and keep Hunter and Cam (I know you said Cam isn’t available)….but I’m not trading my big wings even for another scorer. Plus Hunter showed some promise that he could be the 2nd best scorer ….COULD be.

i don’t know….I wouldn’t mind Beal but man you trade Hunter and I think it sets us back playoff wise I’m not worried about regular season stuff.

Edited by JTB

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I gotta be honest supes @NBASupes…. I know you’re not schlenk but I can’t think of one good reason he’d offer Hunter in a package deal for Beal.

Man I just don’t get that one. Could it be that Schlenk thinks Hunter is expendable because we went deep in the playoffs without him ?….but no that wouldn’t make sense because we went deep in the playoffs without Cam too!….or maybe Hunters injury is worse than we all thought ????….I don’t know but I do know almost every one agrees we are in a era where BIG wings like Hunter and Cam are hard to come by!

I would rather trade Bogi and Huerter in the same deal for Beal and keep Hunter and Cam (I know you said Cam isn’t available)….but I’m not trading my big wings even for another scorer. Plus Hunter showed some promise that he could be the 2nd best scorer ….COULD be.

i don’t know….I wouldn’t mind Beal but man you trade Hunter and I think it sets us back playoff wise I’m not worried about regular season stuff.

Yeah I dont get that one either..We might not beat the Knicks without him..So no deep playoff run...

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

I gotta be honest supes @NBASupes…. I know you’re not schlenk  (duh lol) but I can’t think of one good reason he’d offer Hunter in a package deal for Beal.

I'll end the drama for you. Hunter aint goin' nowhere. And Beal aint coming to Atlanta. Go ahead to take those to the bank. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll end the drama for you. Hunter aint goin' nowhere. And Beal aint coming to Atlanta. Go ahead to take those to the bank. 

This right here. I would question TS's sanity if he traded Hunter for anything less than a top 10 player in the NBA. And that's not Beal.

• Like 2

Y'all know Beal is essentially on a one year contract right? Any team that trades for him will know that he has a player option for the '22-'23 season. So if you trade the farm for Beal, you could end up getting left high and dry after one year. It just doesn't make sense for a team like us to trade for him.

• Like 1