• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would agree. Hunter/Bogi/and all of our future picks would be too much for me as well. I find it odd we offered this but Toronto is leading with just offering #4 overall. That tells me that our offer is likely a lot less than Hunter/Bogi much less the picks. Generally, whenever the trade that's leading sounds worse than the others, that usually means that's not being offered and they don't want to say what's truly being offered. 

Its probably Huerter, Gallo or Bogi and picks...Possibly OO.......I cant see Travis moving Hunter or Cam(especially Hunter, unless theyre worried about him longterm).....But who knows.....

Edited by terrell

• Moderators

I just don't understand the fascination with Beal.  Now i agree that the Wiz organization has been crap the whole time but still.   9 years in the NBA and been to the second round of the playoffs three times.    I'm not denying he's good but do you want him to be your #1?   I don't.   We got too much talent to pay in the future to fool around and end up with a Cousins, Westbrook, Derozan, Griffin, Melo albatross contract.

Ok I know that's over the top.   I'd probably be happy if he came here but i'm plenty happy if he doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I just don't understand the fascination with Beal.  Now i agree that the Wiz organization has been crap the whole time but still.   9 years in the NBA and been to the second round of the playoffs three times.    I'm not denying he's good but do you want him to be your #1?   I don't.   We got too much talent to pay in the future to fool around and end up with a Cousins, Westbrook, Derozan, Griffin, Melo albatross contract.

Ok I know that's over the top.   I'd probably be happy if he came here but i'm plenty happy if he doesn't.

I think it's fair to say, if the Hawks were to acquire him, he'd need to play differently to become an asset to winning.

But ... if he has to play differently, is he still worth the cost of doing bidness?

If I'm the Zards, I'm still smarting from the supid a** decision to pay Wall a supermax.  And I'd be lookin' to ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47c4m8c4xc2737y67wpt

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Beal strikes me as that melo type that checks the stat sheet for his scoring numbers then lingers long enough to happen upon the part where it says whether the Zards won or lost.

"Oh we won?  Thas wassup!"

He’s not the one. Our name is involved in a bs rumor with him. We need to sit back and patiently keep calm and build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it's fair to say, if the Hawks were to acquire him, he'd need to play differently to become an asset to winning.

But ... if he has to play differently, is he still worth the cost of doing bidness?

If I'm the Zards, I'm still smarting from the supid a** decision to pay Wall a supermax.  And I'd be lookin' to ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47c4m8c4xc2737y67wpt

I was just listening to our boy Cam on NBA radio with something or other Katz (Andy Katz brother?) who covers the Wiz. He basically said that if Beal wants out then they gotta flip Russ as well which makes sense and blow it up and start fresh.

Then they dove into a discussion, Cam and some other dude about whether or not Beal wanted out because he didn’t get the coach he initially wanted in Cassell. They wondered if Beal was a good enough player to dictate that sort of command on the hiring of a coach. The dude that Cm was talking to hesitated to answer, then said my hesitation alone suggests that he’s probably not good enough. Then Cam went on to mention how Lebron wanted his own choice in Miami and Riley stuck with Spo.

Personally, I’m down with the Heat way. You build a structure and no player should be making choices for the coach.

Having said that, in this particular case, Sam Cassell was the right choice and Beal is right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Having said that, in this particular case, Sam Cassell was the right choice and Beal is right.

I think I heard him talking to AD about that yesterday.  AD, iiuc, suggested Cassell was never in contention and that the initial interview was a concession to Beal.  I think he said, since Sam didn't make it to the 2nd interview, he was never an actual candidate.

I don't know if he should/shouldn't have gotten it.  Just passing along what I heard.

And, no, Beal ain't good enough to be making demands.

• Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't want Beal. He plays no defense. We can't hide two guys on defense. If we are going star shopping then we need something more than that. Whoever is coming in has to play defense.

Agreed ... we have scoring and adding another non defender is a big mistake ... especially for what we have to give up to get him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Right now there is no reason to stray from the Trae, Bogi/Cam/Kev/Hunter, JC, Capela course.   They've given us no reason to do that.   If we can upgrade at Center or upgrade the bench then sure but bailing at this point on any of the guard / wings seems way premature.   

If we offered Cam/#20 and a First rounder next year for #3... I think Cleveland bites and we get Mobley.

The bigger issue I see is even if there’s regular season success with a Bradley Beal…will there be post season success??? I have to give Bogi big props he’s a DOG in the playoffs (when healthy and so far as what we’ve seen) ….and Huerter stepped up huge as a role player! If Hunter and Cam were healthy to lock down the 3 position….MAN! 

I mean I guess to me I see two sides of it. If Bogi and Huerter didn’t perform so well playoff wise I may lean completely towards getting Beal if it were realistically possible but based on our situation we have one of the deepest rosters in the NBA if we stand pat and don’t make too many moves….usually teams shorten their rotations in the playoffs but we have one of those rosters that can roll deep in the lineup even throughout all the playoffs if these guys are healthy.

that wouldn’t be the case if trade for Beal of course 

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Right now there is no reason to stray from the Trae, Bogi/Cam/Kev/Hunter, JC, Capela course.   They've given us no reason to do that.   If we can upgrade at Center or upgrade the bench then sure but bailing at this point on any of the guard / wings seems way premature.   

That’s why schlenk probably isn’t going to do it ….even if it’s really a deal on the table.

I wouldn’t mind Beal but I’m more concerned about the playoffs and making another run. Beal adds another top scorer and that’s extremely important but I bet schlenk feels either Hunter or Collins can fill that need (likely Hunter).

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

"The Hawks may be zeroing in on Dosunmu out of Illinois"

He also mentioned, we may trade up for him....

Any truth to this Supes?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Should I know who Zach Harper is?

Because I don't, of course. So I don't know how much stock to put into what he says... particularly since mocks released in the last two days do not reflect the enthusiasm for Dosunmu that he's saying is rampant. He's pegged for very late 1st or very early 2nd in everything I looked at.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Why don’t you want us rewind our rebuild? 

What role did Cam play in our build?

If I'm not mistaken, he missed most of the Nate Coaching.  He was not essential for the playoffs.  I love his potential but if we have the chance to get Mobley and it costs us cam, I think it's a fair trade (right now).   Right now, SG is not a position of need for us.   We have a few. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hope this is true. I swear I've watched this kid his whole career at U of I and he is a legit killer out there on both ends of the court. You can't draft express that kind of quality in a player. He has that complete lack of fear and confidence in his game to go up against anyone and win. He is an excellent defender who has improved his shooting every year in college and was killing teams as the #1 option. He would be perfect to come off the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I am not an Ayo guy but I do realize Nate is the HC now. He has an idea of what's he looking for. 

• Like 1