• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

TBA for NO.

Says they after Lowry. I wouldn’t bring Lowry next to Zion though. Lowry has a nasty 🤮 habit of going to in n out and getting burgers 🍔 at 2am. It’ll be the chub towers! Lowry and Zion will be like Hardy and Hardy.. :indifferent:

29 minutes ago, sturt said:

-- Hoop Rumors

So you’re saying….they are giddy for Giddey?

image.gif.a5862eb3c3b32642c74311d95d22c796.gif

Okay, serious now (maybe). Not familiar with him but his profile seems similar to wings they already have in Brooks, Bane, and SloMo.  I wonder if Satoransky would have been an easier get. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait wut, Morant has Adams now. Playoff time in Memphis.

Lol I mean if nothing else Morant will be able to free up a little easier on those pick and rolls now that he has that brick wall in his team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ew Mempis ... why tho?

Take all that bad money to move up 7 spots and give up the better player?

Although, David Griffin's on the other side, so I know that means the Pels lost this deal.

Yeah, I don't see the upside for Memphis either.  Valanciunas was big for them. I didn't keep up with Adams last year, but didn't he have a down year? 

To me this helps New Orleans more than Memphis since Valanciunas can stretch the floor better than Adams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

So you’re saying….they are giddy for Giddey?

image.gif.a5862eb3c3b32642c74311d95d22c796.gif

Okay, serious now (maybe). Not familiar with him but his profile seems similar to wings they already have in Brooks, Bane, and SloMo.  I wonder if Satoransky would have been an easier get. 

We know you just logged in for the Giddey joke. 😉

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: he picks his spots like an aging jump shooter…

:gun:

Haha, he's basically Gallo.  Stickin his chin and chess out after drillin a fadeaway long 2.  And you know he sported that playoff moHAWK.  Consuela would settle for nothing less.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And you know he sported that playoff moHAWK.  Consuela would settle for nothing less.

He was a bad boy with that cut. Some days she would just have to leave the chocolate mousse on the nightstand for him and leave the room. He was entirely too viral to be around anyone. :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I have a lot of Blockbusters to talk about and yes, Atlanta made an offer but it's not going to get Beal. 

I don't have a massive amount but I got heavy hitters. I'll just do the Hawks and Heat for Beal. 

Heat have offered Herro, salary fillers like Iggy/Dragic and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps. I was told this was declined. 

Atlanta offered 1 of (Hunter, Reddish, Huerter, and Okongwu), 1 of (Gallo or Bogi), and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps like Miami. 

Golden State have offered 7 and 14. They did not offer Wiseman for Beal. 

The big issue is, for all who keeps saying Beal has to make the decision, Beal has made a decision. He wants to stay in Washington but doesn't want to sign an EXT. Also, as I've said, he's willing to resign to a team of his choice but who knows what team that is if he's telling Washington he wants to stay. 

The team I am hearing in the lead for Beal is also in the lead for Ben Simmons. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta offered 1 of (Hunter, Reddish, Huerter, and Okongwu), 1 of (Gallo or Bogi), and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps like Miami. 

Which ones? Which 2 players?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have a lot of Blockbusters to talk about and yes, Atlanta made an offer but it's not going to get Beal. 

I don't have a massive amount but I got heavy hitters. I'll just do the Hawks and Heat for Beal. 

Heat have offered Herro, salary fillers like Iggy/Dragic and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps. I was told this was declined. 

Golden State have offered 7 and 14. They did not offer Wiseman for Beal. 

The big issue is, for all who keeps saying Beal has to make the decision, Beal has made a decision. He wants to stay in Washington but doesn't want to sign an EXT. Also, as I've said, he's willing to resign to a team of his choice but who knows what team that is if he's telling Washington he wants to stay. 

The team I am hearing in the lead for Beal is also in the lead for Ben Simmons. 

I'm assuming you can't say specifically which two players so I'm going to assume Huerter and Gallo or Bogi.  I don't see them offering Reddish and Hunter due to their defensive upside, but what do I know? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm assuming you can't say specifically which two players so I'm going to assume Huerter and Gallo or Bogi.  I don't see them offering Reddish and Hunter due to their defensive upside, but what do I know? 

Interesting. I read it as the Hawks gave the Wiz the choice.  You read it as Supes ain't spilling the beans. 

I'll just say I like Beal and think that's a hell of an offer from the Hawks. Not sure what other teams could offer that would top it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Interesting. I read it as the Hawks gave the Wiz the choice.  You read it as Supes ain't spilling the beans. 

I'll just say I like Beal and think that's a hell of an offer from the Hawks. Not sure what other teams could offer that would top it. 

Yeah, this is how I read it too. The Hawks gave them the option to pick 1 of those players from each group. 1 from group A of Hunter, Cam, Huerter, or OO. And then 1 from group B of Bogi and Gallo (likely in order to make salaries match for trade). And left the choice up to WAS which two players they wanted, 1 from group A and 1 more from group B. 

I don't exactly like the trade, and definitely don't like including Hunter or Cam in the offer, but you aren't getting Beal for less I guess. For people bagging on Beal's defense I think that's overblown. He's shown in the past he can be a very good defender, he just doesn't do it anymore. I'd imagine a lot of that is due to, as mentioned, partially coaching. But probably more to do with how much of the offensive burden he has to shoulder. People seem to forget that defense takes a LOT of energy to sustain; and so does being the bellcow on offense if you are that guy. It's darn near impossible to keep up the energy to do both consistently well over the course of a long season and then into the postseason. 

IF we were to trade for Beal I would imagine that would come with some stipulations that Beal would transfer some of his energy expenditure away from offense, especially with Trae here to shoulder that burden, and spend more on defense like he used to do. 

Still don't exactly like the trade, but you've always got to look at reasons why something would be discussed by someone like Schlenk who we all feel knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I would think GSW's offer would be more attractive, especially since that offer would almost have to include Wiggins in order to make the salaries match for trade. They can then turn around and trade Wiggins for another draft asset in exchange for taking on some bad contracts like the Hawks did, most likely. If WAS is going full rebuild mode then the 7 and 14 picks are more valuable than the Hawks players with already 2 years spent of their rookie deals. 

That would give WAS picks 7,14, and 15 in this years draft to try and draft a new core to start building around. And whatever future picks or swaps they would get from GSW. 

12 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I would think GSW's offer would be more attractive, especially since that offer would almost have to include Wiggins in order to make the salaries match for trade. They can then turn around and trade Wiggins for another draft asset in exchange for taking on some bad contracts like the Hawks did, most likely. If WAS is going full rebuild mode then the 7 and 14 picks are more valuable than the Hawks players with already 2 years spent of their rookie deals. 

That would give WAS picks 7,14, and 15 in this years draft to try and draft a new core to start building around. And whatever future picks or swaps they would get from GSW. 

You could be right, but I value established players way higher than draft picks unless you are talking about top 2 or 3 picks. IMO, the uncertainty of 7, 14, and 15 wouldn't be all that appealing in a rebuild. But thats just me. 

I'm kinda with you on the Hawks end of that deal. I don't so much mind the Bogie Gallo piece but I wouldn't be super excited about potentially losing Hunter or Huerter or Cam.