• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I have a lot of Blockbusters to talk about and yes, Atlanta made an offer but it's not going to get Beal. 

I don't have a massive amount but I got heavy hitters. I'll just do the Hawks and Heat for Beal. 

Heat have offered Herro, salary fillers like Iggy/Dragic and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps. I was told this was declined. 

Atlanta offered 1 of (Hunter, Reddish, Huerter, and Okongwu), 1 of (Gallo or Bogi), and a bevy of 1sts and pick swaps like Miami. 

Golden State have offered 7 and 14. They did not offer Wiseman for Beal. 

The big issue is, for all who keeps saying Beal has to make the decision, Beal has made a decision. He wants to stay in Washington but doesn't want to sign an EXT. Also, as I've said, he's willing to resign to a team of his choice but who knows what team that is if he's telling Washington he wants to stay. 

The team I am hearing in the lead for Beal is also in the lead for Ben Simmons. 

Did Wash decline the Hawks offer or do they just like another offer better? Or are they still mulling it over?.

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Did Wash decline the Hawks offer or do they just like another offer better? Or are they still mulling it over?.

Yes/No. They didn't decline it but they want a better offer. At the moment, it doesn't seem like Atlanta is willing to meet them where they want. I've been doing a major project but I'll explain shortly. 

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, this is how I read it too. The Hawks gave them the option to pick 1 of those players from each group. 1 from group A of Hunter, Cam, Huerter, or OO. And then 1 from group B of Bogi and Gallo (likely in order to make salaries match for trade). And left the choice up to WAS which two players they wanted, 1 from group A and 1 more from group B. 

I don't exactly like the trade, and definitely don't like including Hunter or Cam in the offer, but you aren't getting Beal for less I guess. For people bagging on Beal's defense I think that's overblown. He's shown in the past he can be a very good defender, he just doesn't do it anymore. I'd imagine a lot of that is due to, as mentioned, partially coaching. But probably more to do with how much of the offensive burden he has to shoulder. People seem to forget that defense takes a LOT of energy to sustain; and so does being the bellcow on offense if you are that guy. It's darn near impossible to keep up the energy to do both consistently well over the course of a long season and then into the postseason. 

IF we were to trade for Beal I would imagine that would come with some stipulations that Beal would transfer some of his energy expenditure away from offense, especially with Trae here to shoulder that burden, and spend more on defense like he used to do. 

Still don't exactly like the trade, but you've always got to look at reasons why something would be discussed by someone like Schlenk who we all feel knows what he's doing. 

Pretty much this. One of the 4. One of the 2. Picks is what it is. 

• Like 1

I don't like the trade for 2 reasons, I don't want to trade Hunter, he is too important for us and getting Beal would basically mean losing Collins as well, no cap room. At the end you could finish with a trade of Hunter, Bogi and Collins with some picks for Beal. That is a fool's price for an undersized SG with no defense. We have a young core that took us to the Conference finals with ley injuries, finish the player development and see what we can get from them. Beal and Young are a terrible fit.

• Like 4

I would be absolutely shocked if we sold the farm for Beal. I just dont see that as a great fit, and Beal does not seem like a TS type player to me. TS is huge on team chemistry , and trading away young players and draft picks to get Beal would be a huge gamble that might not work out. And he also makes 35 per, that's a lot of money. We are also coming off a ECF appearance. Why swing for the fences now when we are just getting started with this young group? I dont see this happening. For it to be worth it, it has to be the right fit, this has too much risk. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't like the trade for 2 reasons, I don't want to trade Hunter, he is too important for us and getting Beal would basically mean losing Collins as well, no cap room. At the end you could finish with a trade of Hunter, Bogi and Collins with some picks for Beal. That is a fool's price for an undersized SG with no defense. We have a young core that took us to the Conference finals with ley injuries, finish the player development and see what we can get from them. Beal and Young are a terrible fit.

I completely agree. Not sure he's a good pairing with Trae. He would also command max money.  Plus we have to give up ALOT. Not happening. 

• Like 4

I would agree. Hunter/Bogi/and all of our future picks would be too much for me as well. I find it odd we offered this but Toronto is leading with just offering #4 overall. That tells me that our offer is likely a lot less than Hunter/Bogi much less the picks. Generally, whenever the trade that's leading sounds worse than the others, that usually means that's not being offered and they don't want to say what's truly being offered. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They have to get rid of Malachi Flynn to make the money work and are targeting a couple of 2nds and someone who can take him with a TPE. I am told Atlanta is very interested. This is massive news to Hawk fans as this one could possibly go down. 

I know nothing about this guy. Tell me more.

He has a $2 million salary, does the Hawks have any TPEs? @thecampster

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know nothing about this guy. Tell me more.

He has a $2 million salary, does the Hawks have any TPEs? @thecampster

Once Snell is waived, this is all we qualify for at the moment.  

Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception   $ 6,074,714

I say once Snell is renounced because all of our holds show us in the LT (not reality).

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That's pulled directly from Shamsports Capulator.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

But we aren't a Tax payer so we should have the Standard MLE, No?

On an unrelated note: the Hawks received $1.25 million in the Rondo/Lou trade - where does that money and how is it calculated against the cap, if it is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But we aren't a Tax payer so we should have the Standard MLE, No?

On an unrelated note: the Hawks received $1.25 million in the Rondo/Lou trade - where does that money and how is it calculated against the cap, if it is?

That is counted in the year it occurred, 20/21.  Has no bearing on future discussions which is all I'm worried about for fear of causing board confusion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

That is counted in the year it occurred, 20/21.  Has no bearing on future discussions which is all I'm worried about for fear of causing board confusion.

Okay let me address that.

Cash considerations are not "player salaries" but instead money to make up the difference in taking on a player whose salary you don't want financial responsibility for.  Financial responsibility and Cap responsibility are 2 separate issues.  The money received is not "player salary" which is all the cap/LT is addressing.

Also, cap/LT is a funny business as the penalty is calculated at the end of the season based on the final value of contracts paid. For the purposes of "cap/LT trade rules", the rules are enforced based on the current situation. But the penalty, final tabulation happens during the dead period (after the team plays its last game for season/playoffs).  Trades = current, penalty = final roster spending end of the year.

Cash considerations are payment to take a player you might not otherwise take and not considered salary. It is off the salary books and part of the profit/loss statement.

• Thanks 1