• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hope this is true. I swear I've watched this kid his whole career at U of I and he is a legit killer out there on both ends of the court. You can't draft express that kind of quality in a player. He has that complete lack of fear and confidence in his game to go up against anyone and win. He is an excellent defender who has improved his shooting every year in college and was killing teams as the #1 option. He would be perfect to come off the bench. 

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not an Ayo guy but I do realize Nate is the HC now. He has an idea of what's he looking for. 

Notes: Won the Bob Cousy award for the nation’s best point guard … Was an NCAA First-Team All American, and a Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy Finalist … Was named the USA Today Player of the Year … Native of Chicago, IL …

Michael Hopp 5/6/21” NBADraft.net

21-yo (almost 22) Junior, sounds like somebody who could slide right in and fill the backup PG spot pretty quickly and affordably.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Notes: Won the Bob Cousy award for the nation’s best point guard … Was an NCAA First-Team All American, and a Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy Finalist … Was named the USA Today Player of the Year … Native of Chicago, IL …

Michael Hopp 5/6/21” NBADraft.net

21-yo (almost 22) Junior, sounds like somebody who could come right in and fill the backup PG spot pretty quickly.

He also can play the 2 guard. He's got great size and wingspan. I don't know how anyone could not be a fan of this kid. The only possible knock on him would be his age but who cares? Look at his growth. It is literally on tape. We don't need another project rookie. Ayo is perfect to come in and contribute NOW on a team with legit title chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

He also can play the 2 guard. He's got great size and wingspan. I don't know how anyone could not be a fan of this kid. The only possible knock on him would be his age but who cares? Look at his growth. It is literally on tape. We don't need another project rookie. Ayo is perfect to come in and contribute NOW on a team with legit title chances.

His age and experience would actually be a plus for what the Hawks would be drafting him for. And like you said: big fella. 6’5, damn near 200, with over a 6’10 wingspan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

How are you NOT an Ayo guy? Did you miss his games? 

I watched him play a lot. He's been on my radar for years. My big issues is his projection for me. He's a less defensive minded better shooting Elfrid Payton. Maybe that appeals to you but man, I am not exciting at him. That said, Nate is the HC now. He's gonna go with his eyes. LP is gone. I expect our drafts to look a lot like Phoenix moving forward. Polished guys, low upside, guys who know how to play and win. 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=ayo-dosunmu--eric-bledsoe--elfrid-payton

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They have to get rid of Malachi Flynn to make the money work and are targeting a couple of 2nds and someone who can take him with a TPE. I am told Atlanta is very interested. This is massive news to Hawk fans as this one could possibly go down. 

Been watching Flynn videos today, and wow, I can hardly believe that TOR would be so eager to part with a kid who's only making $2m, but showed what he did his first year. That seems crazy. I couldn't give away a couple of 2nds fast enough, really.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I watched him play a lot. He's been on my radar for years. My big issues is his projection for me. He's a less defensive minded better shooting Elfrid Payton. Maybe that appeals to you but man, I am not exciting at him. That said, Nate is the HC now. He's gonna go with his eyes. LP is gone. I expect our drafts to look a lot like Phoenix moving forward. Polished guys, low upside, guys who know how to play and win. 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=ayo-dosunmu--eric-bledsoe--elfrid-payton

He's a fantastic BU PG that can play either guard position. He's an excellent defender with a ready for the pro  game. It would be a steal if we got him at #20. There hasn't been an Illini player since Deron I was so high on for the NBA game.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's a fantastic BU PG that can play either guard position. He's an excellent defender with a ready for the pro  game. It would be a steal if we got him at #20. There hasn't been an Illini player since Deron I was so high on for the NBA game.

Like I said, he fits the script. This pick will likely define how Nate sees things. I think we are at the end of the PDS draft movement. I can see us signing guys like that in FA or trading for them. 

I was under the impression this is still Schlenk's team, not Nate's. Sure, he's going to take Nate's thoughts into consideration and is surely smart enough to know not to draft anyone Nate hates, but Nate even said it at his press conference that HE is smart enough to know that picking players isn't his hat to wear or in his job description. 

Why are some acting like this choice is up to who Nate wants? This is still up to who Travis wants; and if history has told us anything is that we should give him a little benefit of the doubt with any pick he makes that we might not see the logic of at the time. 

We're all having fun speculating and that's part of the enjoyment for a lot of us, but I think we would all do well to remember after the pick is made to focus on what Schlenk's reasons might be for the pick instead of being too harshly critical if we don't like that player as much as someone WE would have drafted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I just don't understand the fascination with Beal.  Now i agree that the Wiz organization has been crap the whole time but still.   9 years in the NBA and been to the second round of the playoffs three times.    I'm not denying he's good but do you want him to be your #1?   I don't.   We got too much talent to pay in the future to fool around and end up with a Cousins, Westbrook, Derozan, Griffin, Melo albatross contract.

Ok I know that's over the top.   I'd probably be happy if he came here but i'm plenty happy if he doesn't.

Because what they did in a playoff was a perfect storm. It will be very hard to do it again with the same team. Now when Kevin is overachieving and Gelo still has a value, they should be traded for a bigger value.

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I was under the impression this is still Schlenk's team, not Nate's. Sure, he's going to take Nate's thoughts into consideration and is surely smart enough to know not to draft anyone Nate hates, but Nate even said it at his press conference that HE is smart enough to know that picking players isn't his hat to wear or in his job description. 

Why are some acting like this choice is up to who Nate wants? This is still up to who Travis wants; and if history has told us anything is that we should give him a little benefit of the doubt with any pick he makes that we might not see the logic of at the time. 

We're all having fun speculating and that's part of the enjoyment for a lot of us, but I think we would all do well to remember after the pick is made to focus on what Schlenk's reasons might be for the pick instead of being too harshly critical if we don't like that player as much as someone WE would have drafted. 

You gotta understand how TS operates. He maybe the shot caller but he trust his HC to know who can exactly help the team and how he can help the team. 

TS has a tremendous eye for talent but he's not the coach. He has to make decisions based on that. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You gotta understand how TS operates. He maybe the shot caller but he trust his HC to know who can exactly help the team and how he can help the team. 

TS has a tremendous eye for talent but he's not the coach. He has to make decisions based on that. 

There is a lot I could explain as to why I disagree, but I think it would probably be pointless since neither of us have any proof either way. I'll just say I HIGHLY doubt Nate's opinion carries more than a 10% contribution towards the final decision, and leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Wtf. I hate this type of guy. Ughhh.

There is some benefit. Payton types do things the common eye doesn't always see. The issue is, in a modern game where offensive execution is king, you wonder how he will do. This type really doesn't impact the PG position as much as you like as NBA players. That said, coaches have clear use of them.

20 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

There is a lot I could explain as to why I disagree, but I think it would probably be pointless since neither of us have any proof either way. I'll just say I HIGHLY doubt Nate's opinion carries more than a 10% contribution towards the final decision, and leave it at that. 

I 100% disagree. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

🤣