• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Y'all know Beal is essentially on a one year contract right? Any team that trades for him will know that he has a player option for the '22-'23 season. So if you trade the farm for Beal, you could end up getting left high and dry after one year. It just doesn't make sense for a team like us to trade for him.

I keep forgetting that he has a player option.

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll end the drama for you. Hunter aint goin' nowhere. And Beal aint coming to Atlanta. Go ahead to take those to the bank. 

no drama…we all know it’s not likely. But just discussing the What IFs….relax 😂 

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

@NBASupes

Based on your info, my opinion is that Cam is in the headlines so much not because we are actively shopping him, but because teams are specifically calling about him more than the others. Everyone is available for the right price, he just happens to be the one everyone covets due to his playoff showing and overall potential. They like DAH, Kev, etc...but they love Cam.

Would you agree with this?

Only two Hawks are on the trading block. Dunn and Fernando. Most teams who are contending or something like that trading block looks like ours. 

Basically.

Teams know Hunter is not available unless it's for a star and they aren't coveting Kevin as much as Atlanta does. Cam is the player they hope they can steal out of Atlanta but that's a mistake because everyone within feels like it has to be a special offer for him to go. Like, where fans aren't questioning it heavily. His prototype is what everyone wants. Can't blame people for trying. Giannis was literally the most called about player for the Bucks in his 2nd and 3rd season for trades. Really good offers too and the Bucks declined it everytime. 

When teams see special and rare, and a potential window, they will make an offer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I almost forgot, the Jazz are expecting to sell two of these four players and would rather hold to Bojan unless the price was right. 

Royce O’Neale, Jordan Clarkson, Joe Ingles, and Bojan Bogdanovic are on the trading block. They are coveting 1st rounders for each and want a team to take on all of their salary, no matching. I am expecting this to be a Phase two move because like I said, cap space in currently a premium right now. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The question with Dunn is Who is coming for him, probable we Will not like him

I've only know two of the teams, I didn't get the 3rd. Utah and returning home to the CHI. Utah is unique because we have been in talks with them a lot of late similar to ATL/MIN last year when we made two trades with them. 

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, NBASupes dijo:

I've only know two of the teams, I didn't get the 3rd. Utah and returning home to the CHI. Utah is unique because we have been in talks with them a lot of late similar to ATL/MIN last year when we made two trades with them. 

I cannot see anyone in Utah or Chi we could use to upgrade the team

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

A 2nd round pick, or a few minimum salary players that we can waive without penalty. 

Oh so the same type of junk folks seem to want us to trade Cam for?  Seriously do people think the Hawks are dumb?  Folks act like Reddish is a distressed asset and the Hawks are desperate for cash or something.

Like the Hawks are the dumbarse kid in Jack 'n the Beanstalk trading the family cow for magic beans.  Only, this time, it's not magic beans.  It's lesser picks, ball racks, and expired concession stand food.

Sorry RF, I know that had nothing to do with your post.  I been sittin' on that rant for a while, had to get it out.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its all in the wording. Read the articles critically, "The Hawks listened to offers on Reddish" for example.  Every team listens to offers for any player on their roster when an opposing GM calls. The phrasing there is specific so its not a lie.  Of course we listened to offers. Everyone listens then politely declines and hangs up. Notice in none of the articles/rumors does it say "were close to a deal with XYZ to trade Reddish".  That's because they're weren't, aren't etc. Its all in the wording to tell if a rumor has legs. These rumors are always geared toward one fanbase or another to either A) get you looking for fear you are losing your favorite player or B) get the other fanbase excited over a fleece.  They immediately turn on sportscenter for a day or check the website hoping to be the first to hear about "the big deal".

There is nothing to see here. Move on.  You will know it's real when reporter A says "are close to a deal, are talking with "team X" and/or the "other pieces" are discussed" until then, its click bait to drive ratings, or views.

Yeah, you and I are on the same page.  Trust me, I know all about phrasing. 😏

I have a long-standing disdain for what the field of "journalism" has become.  The existence of these non-stories you describe, where they have to cleverly phrase everything to toe the line between truth/lie, is just to feed the 'content' machine.

All 5 million NBA sites have to spit out content to justify their existence so they have to make up 'news'.

For some reason, this rankles me to no end.

As you said, every team "fields calls" on every player to some degree.  That's not news.  But "journalists" have to produce content, so they take the mundane and make it a headline.  It's maddening.

NBARadio is eating this all up.  Calling the Hawks cheap, wondering if something's "wrong" with Cam to make him available.  Was McMillan lying when he said he was like Paul George?  "Of course he was lying, he was just tryna build him up to trade him."

Maddening.  But that's the way things are nowadays.  Obviously it's my fault for partaking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, you and I are on the same page.  Trust me, I know all about phrasing. 😏

I have a long-standing disdain for what the field of "journalism" has become.  The existence of these non-stories you describe, where they have to cleverly phrase everything to toe the line between truth/lie, is just to feed the 'content' machine.

All 5 million NBA sites have to spit out content to justify their existence so they have to make up 'news'.

For some reason, this rankles me to no end.

As you said, every team "fields calls" on every player to some degree.  That's not news.  But "journalists" have to produce content, so they take the mundane and make it a headline.  It's maddening.

NBARadio is eating this all up.  Calling the Hawks cheap, wondering if something's "wrong" with Cam to make him available.  Was McMillan lying when he said he was like Paul George?  "Of course he was lying, he was just tryna build him up to trade him."

Maddening.  But that's the way things are nowadays.  Obviously it's my fault for partaking.

I felt that way during the trade deadline. Now, it's just clear it's the media running a racket. 

• Like 2

Trading Cam would be a big mistake unless you get a haul for him.  He and OO are the two guys I'm looking at who have the potential to step up and be true impact talents on this team to go along with Trae, John, and DeAndre.  

• Like 1