2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Moderators

I guess I'm still not sure if Flynn can shoot.  The college shooting numbers look suspect.  The notion that he averaged much better per game totals from April on is not necessarily evidence of a big development other than noting that he went from 10 mpg to just under 30 mpg.

His per minute scoring production changed for the positive but still wasn't great.  For April and May alone, he averaged a 51.45% TS%.  Not very good but also not terrible like his December - March numbers. 40.1% fg% over April and May is what holds that back. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

As usual, thanks for your insight dude. I've been wondering about these Cam rumors and this makes a lot more sense now. I'm a little put off by the Beal piece.  I see a lot of people, intelligent bball fans at that, saying Beal is a good pickup for us.  I used to think so too until I found out how short he is...  His size doesn't deter me outright, but I'd think you'd need a bigger (and defensive minded) backcourt mate for him.

For us, like...I get it.  He is a walking bucket, we need a legit 2nd option, and he slides right in at SG.  But DAMN...he's almost the same height as Trae and by all accounts is ass or ass-like on defense.  It just makes no sense to me.  Trae needs all the help on D that he can get and this seems like a terrible fit.  For all the good we'd gain offensively, seems like we would literally lose it all on the other end of this.

...what am I missing here?

If it matters, we seem to be much higher on our guys than others are.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, georgia said:

@NBASupes

I'm ok with it, but where would Bagley play if we got him and kept JC?

PF. During the time of the year OO will miss, half the season at least, we only have 3 bigs in rotation at the moment. JC and even Gallo can play some at center if Bagley was added and we don't add another backup C (likely that we do though). 

• Like 1

hace 5 horas, NBASupes dijo:

As usual, Atlanta been active on the phones. Just about everyone has been offered or called about. Hunter, Reddish, Huerter, Okongwu, etc. 

It unlikely any trades involving the core happen. Atlanta has what is seen as an exceptionally high price for each player and teams don't see eye to eye with Atlanta. Atlanta and Golden State have been having deep trade talks for years. Last year, Atlanta wanted to trade JC and 6 for 2 and GS balked. This year, GS asked for Reddish/20 for a pick swap and Atlanta countered Kevin which GS balked. 

It seems like Atlanta is only willing to trade Reddish if they can land a legit star who's younger or restart the rookie cycle with a prospect of similar upside. Atlanta has been one of the teams who's reached out to Cleveland about Evan Mobley. That said, Cleveland rejected the offer. 

Hunter has been offered for Beal as a main piece. This wasn't declined but Washington wants more premium players and Atlanta isn't willing which is good. 

It seems like TS is leaving no stone unturned but he's not going to make a decision he regrets either. 

If we do see one of the core players traded, best believe, we will like what we are getting in return. It won't be some bullshit you see on RealGM where Atlanta loses from the offset. Its gonna be a Jalen Green, Mobley type prospect or Beal type player and for Huerter, an excellent pick with more value then what we paid for. 

That said, I am expecting a fairly uneventful 1st round for the Hawks based on what he's hearing. 

That said, I would be shocked if we pick at 48. A very good chance the pick is moved and packaged with Dunn and maybe Bruno for a young player. 

A player that Atlanta is targeting is Marvin Bagley III. I asked about Culver, it didn't seem like Atlanta was that interested in Culver. Seems like what they do at 20 and Solo return will likely mean Atlanta isn't interested in another wing. OO injury and lack of big depth has Atlanta looking to add another big and to take some of the leverage JC has in negotiations. 

JC is still Atlanta highest priority and while Atlanta knows they can't keep everyone, they want to keep everyone in their core. 

Thanks for the update. I like Beal but he is a terrible fit. I agree Beal today is better player than Hunter but I am not sure long term, if we are confident on his health I am not trading Hunter, he is perfect for for us and I think he can be a star, that kind of star that allows you winning a ring.

Is so rare to get to Conference finals with such a Young team that It would be foolish to trade any of the Young fellas.

About the draft if we are going big I think we might go with Kai Jones if he is available or Usman Garuba and honestly speaking I would be ok with them, I really like Kai.

About Bagley I think he could be a good conzolation prize if we finnally lose Collins. I don't know what is going on with him and injuries but I still believe in his talent.

• Like 1