• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

If the numbers worked. I would give up Bogi, Huerter, & our first rd pick for Beal.

But only if we could somehow get back into the late first to select a SG.

I wouldn’t include Cam or Hunter in any deal and I hardly want to include Huerter in any deal but Beal is more talented than both Huerter and Bogi regardless of who wants to admit it. So in my scenario if it worked anyways….I’d get rid of my two guards to bring in a star guard.

salary cap wise this probably doesn’t work but just my two cents if they really want Beal and heve the opportunity. I trust schlenk to make the right decisions 

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

3). I can confirm that backup PG is their number 1 priority in the draft,

Nope. BPA, if it happens to be a backup point then so be it. Schlenk always goes BPA so if Murphy slips it’ll be him and not a point guard. So you really can’t confirm it. 

• Premium Member

Can't get excited about Beal. He makes some tough shots, but he doesn't make his teammates better. Too often see him taking shots when someone wearing the same jersey had an easier one, and he just wouldn't give up the ball.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope. BPA, if it happens to be a backup point then so be it. Schlenk always goes BPA so if Murphy slips it’ll be him and not a point guard. So you really can’t confirm it. 

That doesn't mean they will draft a PG it means that all things being equal, they'll choose PG before anything else. If no quality PG exists, of course they'll choose other but their number one priority this offseason is solidifying their PG position going forward. Deciding on both the primary backup and developmental PG positions. Yes, that is something I was able to nail down and share.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

That doesn't mean they will draft a PG it means that all things being equal, they'll choose PG before anything else.

Ok then say that. The way you said it initially was a blanket statement of Schlenk choosing a point guard no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yes, that is something I

🍪 

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You also cut off the quote which means I may not have been clear.

" I can confirm that backup PG is their number 1 priority in the draft, F/A, pick up games in the neighborhood, trade, games of horse after practice. They are looking everywhere for Trae's backup."

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can't get excited about Beal. He makes some tough shots, but he doesn't make his teammates better. Too often see him taking shots when someone wearing the same jersey had an easier one, and he just wouldn't give up the ball.

I wouldn’t judge him based on what was put around him in Washington 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

If the numbers worked. I would give up Bogi, Huerter, & our first rd pick for Beal.

They'd also have to include Dunn (I think) to make the money work.

Beal's one year contract is problematic for me...if he declines his option and decides to go elsewhere it's bad asset management.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am told Atlanta and Toronto is coveting Daniel Theis as a FA.

Had to go back a few pages but i hope this is true.  I've been pushing this train for a while now.  Maybe he's too expensive but he seems overlooked to me.   

1 hour ago, sturt said:

He's not a good fit for us, at all. Maybe we are doing due diligence to guage value, but no way does TS pull the trigger on this deal. Every summer we do this, have these long discussions about trades that aren't going to happen. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Had to go back a few pages but i hope this is true.  I've been pushing this train for a while now.  Maybe he's too expensive but he seems overlooked to me.   

From what I am hearing, he should be in the 4-5 million range which is our range. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fwiw... at least until HoopsRumors does their annual projections which might be better...

2021-07-27_11-00-52.png

John base everything off of analytics, he had Whiteside at 17 million and Dunn at 10 million last year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They'd also have to include Dunn (I think) to make the money work.

Beal's one year contract is problematic for me...if he declines his option and decides to go elsewhere it's bad asset management.

I don’t disagree. Either way I’m good with going after him or not going after him.

Kinda stuck in between 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He's not a good fit for us, at all. Maybe we are doing due diligence to guage value, but no way does TS pull the trigger on this deal. Every summer we do this, have these long discussions about trades that aren't going to happen. 

What else are we supposed to do ?