• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

6 hours ago, BangHolman said:

He should. This is one of the team match-ups that our depth and multi-positional line-ups should excel in. Offensively, it's your usual 1-5 line-up, but defensively, we can hide Trae on the weakest off-ball player and put Cam on ball.

Morant vs Cam

Melton vs Trae

Brooks vs Bogi/Hunter

Anderson vs Collins

Val vs Capela

*Used their starting line-up from their last game box score.

Collins has to work on his discipline defensively. Pump fakes are his kryponite. Anderson's slow poke and methodical style just might have JC in foul trouble early again if he can't stay patient and keep his feet on the ground.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I want to see Hunter starting and continuing his good work. He is beginning to look like a legitimate #4 pick that we stole from New Orleans.

Man you look just like this dude I'm always fighting with on realgm.  Crazy, right? 😏

• Haha 4

On 12/15/2020 at 6:06 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Collins has to work on his discipline defensively. Pump fakes are his kryponite. Anderson's slow poke and methodical style just might have JC in foul trouble early again if he can't stay patient and keep his feet on the ground.

So what I read from this is John goes hard on defense. Good!!! The other intangibles come with time and with a guy like Gallo (pump fake king) I'm sure he'll learn sooner than later.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sillent said:

So what I read from this is John goes hard on defense. Good!!! The other intangibles come with time and with a guy like Gallo (pump fake king) I'm sure he'll learn sooner than later.

He does, his effort level has always been high. He just fouls too much trying to anticipate.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, High5 said:

Did Ja have doubters? Feel like everyone has been on his hype train since day one. 

You are right, he didn’t have any doubters coming into the league. I bet his thought process has more to do with college recruitment. I could be wrong, but I doubt he had many offers if he wound up at Murray State.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Did Ja have doubters? Feel like everyone has been on his hype train since day one. 

Depends on what you define as day 1. He had hype since  going in to year 2 at Murray State. But who knows what happened before that.

Im sure there were plenty of people that told him he wasnt good enough to go pro, especially if he wasnt good enough to go to a D-I Power school.

Im sure there were cats on campus before his freshman season at Murray telling him no way was he on the same level as the other big names coming out of HS. 

To do what he has done, from a smaller school, to #2 overall pick, ROY, and fringe NBA-All Star, not many kids have made that kind of leap.

I know he had plenty of doubters early on. 

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Depends on what you define as day 1. He had hype since  going in to year 2 at Murray State. But who knows what happened before that.

Im sure there were plenty of people that told him he wasnt good enough to go pro, especially if he wasnt good enough to go to a D-I Power school.

Im sure there were cats on campus before his freshman season at Murray telling him no way was he on the same level as the other big names coming out of HS. 

To do what he has done, from a smaller school, to #2 overall pick, ROY, and fringe NBA-All Star, not many kids have made that kind of leap.

I know he had plenty of doubters early on. 

I was just talking about the “coming into the league” part. I’m sure he was including that other stuff, though.