• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You might want to take a gander at the depth chart thread

Went through damn near entire thread and only 3 people had Cam over Hunter at SF on depth chart.(Sothron,Longtimefan,THeBigEtrain)..Gurpilo had Bogi over Hunter at sf which was reasonable..Thats not EVERYBODY  wanted Cam to start over Hunter as you say..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Went through damn near entire thread and only 3 people had Cam over Hunter at SF on depth chart.(Sothron,Longtimefan,THeBigEtrain)..Gurpilo had Bogi over Hunter at sf which was reasonable..Thats not EVERYBODY  wanted Cam to start over Hunter as you say..lol

Bogi and Hunter don't play the same position so that doesn't make any sense. nbasupes put out a line up that had Cam starting at the 3 plus many of those line up put out by your main 4 received likes so go back and look again.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bogi and Hunter don't play the same position so that doesn't make any sense. nbasupes put out a line up that had Cam starting at the 3 plus many of those line up put out by your main 4 received likes so go back and look again.

Dude who cares? People are wrong about players all the time..lol.And I havent seen any of those people I listed say anything differently..I think Supes said it was gonna be a battle at camp with new FA's..Trae and Capela was only penciled in starters..Didnt see anything about Cam starting at SF..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Dude who cares? People are wrong about players all the time..lol.

Now no one cares! Typical...If I say Hunter is better people care and attack me.  But when these same people are proven wrong, Nobody cares!  LOL!

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bogi is a 2/3..

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Now no one cares! Typical...If I say Hunter is better people care and attack me.  But when these same people are proven wrong, Nobody cares!  LOL!

Who attacked you? "Hunter is better" is your opinion..Cam was picked on potential..I think people believed he had more upside because of Hunter's age..I didnt even believe that...And I like Cam. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Vince Cater played center and power forward for the Hawks so what?

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Vince Cater played center and power forward for the Hawks so what?

The difference is Bogi played well at SF..Not saying thats his natural position..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Dude who cares? People are wrong about players all the time..lol.And I havent seen any of those people I listed say anything differently..I think Supes said it was gonna be a battle at camp with new FA's..Trae and Capela was only penciled in starters..Didnt see anything about Cam starting at SF..

You remember. Since the start of preseason. I've been split on who should start after hearing how good Dre was looking and I backed off of picking who should start between the two. 

• Like 2

Most had Cam over Deandre because we all assumed Bogi was a lock to start and we thought we could only have one at the time. 

Cam still provides a tantalizing amount of upside and he is still in fact 2 years younger/behind developmentally, than Hunter is. Play strength and consistency being the major holes in Cam's game right now. Two things that naturally improve with experience.

Deandra was sold short by some, but in general we always knew he was the more ready and consistent  of the two players. His body was more mature, he spent 3 years in college in a program that built long term habits and an eventual champion vs Cam's 1 and done rockstar status season at Duke.

A lot of us saw Dre and said that he had the talent to be like Kawhi. I think that still holds true, especially how Dre is so steady and sound.

Cam has ways to catch up to the maturity of Dre's game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter is 2 years older with more and better college experience than Cam.   If Hunter wasn't clearly better at this point in their careers then I'd be really worried.    Cam has played one nba season,  had zero real nba offseasons.   I think we have two great wings.  It's going to take Cam a little longer.

I like how these guys are always talking to each other on the bench.

ZERO!!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 8:47 PM, Peoriabird said:

You might want to take a gander at the depth chart thread

On 11/21/2020 at 11:37 PM, Peoriabird said:

I'm pretty sure all of the Bogi fans, Supes and Diesel will be insulted by your lack of acknowledgement of them as being the kings of fixation but I'll gladly wear the crown.  My only point is that there is no evidence that LP favors Cam over Hunter or even Huerter so why are people assuming that LP has had this change of heart regarding Cam?

Well that did age like milk.  LP was starting Cam over Bogi and Huerter.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

My Kawhi-lite projections don’t look so crazy anymore 😂

His raw stats are comparable to Kawhi's 4th season when he was also 23. The visible differences are that Dre's been more efficient but Kawhi netted more boards, steals, and blocks.

6jTxRzo.png

SUQsHGS.png

If he keeps playing like this his end of the year offensive numbers might end up more like year 5 Kawhi.

JfSCzg8.png

I don't know if Dre has a DPOY trophy in his future but he could honestly get pretty close to Kawhi if he tightens his handle, improves his shot release speed, and works on his footwork and post fade. Those were things Leonard didn't fully bring out consistently untill years 5 and 6.

This jump is amazing given he played an incomplete season and had less practice time.  

• Like 4