• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Dre is is a very important piece and he has shown he can be a great defender, but…. He is throwing off the pace of the team. His off the ball movement on offense and defense is concerning. He is not cutting to the basket, not getting down the court fast enough on breaks, and not crashing the boards. I think this team is settling into their “roles” too much and watching each other play instead of constantly moving to get open or and anticipating a miss by their teammates.  Last year Kevin Heurter excelled at doing that. Dre needs to be a little more urgent in his play. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Dre is is a very important piece and he has shown he can be a great defender, but…. He is throwing off the pace of the team. His off the ball movement on offense and defense is concerning. He is not cutting to the basket, not getting down the court fast enough on breaks, and not crashing the boards. I think this team is settling into their “roles” too much and watching each other play instead of constantly moving to get open or and anticipating a miss by their teammates.  Last year Kevin Heurter excelled at doing that. Dre needs to be a little more urgent in his play. 

I said that in the offseason. Dre looked like a misfit in our rotation. He's fine in the playoffs where it's all half court and execution is hard as shit but the regular season is about flow and he got worse flow than Cam who has to work on the consistency of his flow. 

Dre is very much like Kawhi. They hurt ball movement but young Kawhi was a monster on both ends. Hunter is nice on both ends but not a monster. At some point, we might have to think about him and Cam coming off the bench together but they haven't exactly played well together either. Dre is a tough fit right now and to he honest, he was last year as well during the regular season but we sucked and he played well so we just blamed the team and LP for it but Dre isn't doing the little things that Tony and Solo did when they were starting which made the flow in the regular season smooth like butter.

I hate saying this but Tony Snell is a better regular season starter for us than Dre. Dre is a lot more productive but Snell doesn't hurt our offense,  he makes thing smooth. Same for Kevin but Kevin is much better than Hunter as a regular season starter. Even in the game Dre missed, that was the only game our offense clicked. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Some ridiculous takes in here I never thought I'd see. Wow. 

Yup, absolute horse$hit 🤣

Edited by hazer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If the Hawks lose tonight, this board will be ready to blow the team up and rebuild. This isn't an NFL season where they only have a few games to right the ship and make the postseason. Heck, the Hawks played their way into the Playoffs and the 5th seed AFTER the All Star break last season. Give this young team time to hit their stride. Hunter will be just fine. He's literally coming off of offseason knee surgery.

Hell, he's still recovering from in season surgery as well. He never fully got back 100% before he got hurt again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I said that in the offseason. Dre looked like a misfit in our rotation. He's fine in the playoffs where it's all half court and execution is hard as shit but the regular season is about flow and he got worse flow than Cam who has to work on the consistency of his flow. 

Dre is very much like Kawhi. They hurt ball movement but young Kawhi was a monster on both ends. Hunter is nice on both ends but not a monster. At some point, we might have to think about him and Cam coming off the bench together but they haven't exactly played well together either. Dre is a tough fit right now and to he honest, he was last year as well during the regular season but we sucked and he played well so we just blamed the team and LP for it but Dre isn't doing the little things that Tony and Solo did when they were starting which made the flow in the regular season smooth like butter.

He needs to make small adjustments to make everything work. I still think inserting Cam into the starting lineup and bringing Bogi off the bench is the best balance for the team.  Cam would make up for what Dre doesn't do well and vice versa. 

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

He needs to make small adjustments to make everything work. I still think inserting Cam into the starting lineup and bringing Bogi off the bench is the best balance for the team.  Cam would make up for what Dre doesn't do well and vice versa. 

I’m mixed in this. Defensively yes but Bogi is just such a magnet 🧲 in terms of chemistry and cohesiveness in the starting unit. Stat you can measure in my mind. Having said that, Cam and Hunter on D at the same time, yes please!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

The times they have both been in haven't been pretty.

• Premium Member

On 10/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, NBASupes said:

The times they have both been in haven't been pretty.

I would like to see extended minutes with them together and set plays for each. We could potentially become a better fast break team to if that squad can generate more missed shots and steals. 

• Thanks 1