• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

This time last year, many were more enthusiastic about Cam than Dre.

This time this year, many have been more enthusiastic about Dre than Cam.

Perhaps circumstances are developing where we can get to a place where we have great reason to be enthusiastic about both going to training camp.

Cam, if you're ready, we're ready.  As I recall, you struck this pose after that game winner 3 pointer... was it against Pitt?...

1126976292-768x527.jpeg

Let's go!

• Like 3

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, sturt said:

This time last year, many were more enthusiastic about Cam than Dre.

This time this year, many have been more enthusiastic about Dre than Cam.

Perhaps circumstances are developing where we can get to a place where we have great reason to be enthusiastic about both going to training camp.

Cam, if you're ready, we're ready.  As I recall, you struck this pose after that game winner 3 pointer... was it against Pitt?...

1126976292-768x527.jpeg

Let's go!

This year was a big step forward for Hunter and a significant step back for Cam.  I'm still high on both of them but if health isn't an issue (which obviously can't be assumed for either of them) then Hunter is the one whose floor is as a key starter, imo, whereas Cam's floor is someone we don't resign after his rookie deal.  Their ceilings are both very exciting.  Much rehab and work to be done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

https://theathletic.com/2857092/2021/10/01/deandre-hunter-and-his-road-to-recovery-i-want-to-show-everyone-im-better-this-year/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983 

De’Andre Hunter and his road to recovery: ‘I want to show everyone I’m better this year’

I was wondering how Hunter would feel after coming back too soon. Glad to see, at least publicly, he's not blaming the training staff.  Although, I believe we have a new staff in place. 

Wouldn't be opposed to resting him on the second night of back to backs, and giving him a few off days here and there to manage the stress on his knee. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

"Simplis’ workouts include what he calls “fourth-quarter legs,” which includes a full weight-room workout and then executing on-court drills with tired legs because that’s what NBA players tend to play on throughout the course of an 82-game season. Hunter thrived in those conditions."

This is cool, probably somewhat standard for these guys but makes me appreciate the work they put in.  I struggle to just walk home after an intense leg day lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Off topic, but I just don't see anything about his game that says he needs to be a PF. This man is as prototypical as it gets as a SF

Completely accurate.  The only wrench in this thinking is that the league is now playing prototypical SFs as PFs fairly often.  Maybe even 25-30% of the time.  I like Hunter as a SF but watching him guard Randle lets you know he can bang with a lot of PFs.  

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Completely accurate.  The only wrench in this thinking is that the league is now playing prototypical SFs as PFs fairly often.  Maybe even 25-30% of the time.  I like Hunter as a SF but watching him guard Randle lets you know he can bang with a lot of PFs.  

To me that's always been the nature of a true SF. Even in the old days. SF's are thee most versatile position on the court and  routinely guard up and down a position. I think of Scottie Pippen when I see Dre. His outside shooting and ball handling are strong enough to be a wing, his length and strength are good enough to defend down low. But what sells it for me is his mobility to defend guards. Most cats that get moved to PF cannot keep up with smaller players. Dre stayed with Kyrie about as well as anyone I've seen do it. That's Kawhi/Pippen esque when you talk about defensive versatility. 

• Like 3