• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

McMillan needs the Hawks as much as the Hawks need him

MarylandHawk

• Premium Member
On 4/13/2021 at 5:58 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Travis was with Golden State when they made the tough decision to fire Mark Jackson who was a very good defensive coach who got Golden State past the first round of the playoffs to bring in Steve Kerr. I felt at the time that wasn't fair to Mark but it was clearly the right decision for that franchise.  I don’t think Travis will get too excited prematurely. That is why the players need to pay McMillan back by performing well in the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

AWESOME stuff!

In case it wasn't clear enough, he repeated his comment, re. playing differently in the 4th vs the 1st, when asked specifically about his message to Trae.

It seemed obvious that lesson was meant mainly for Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, macdaddy said:

Travis has done a great job as GM but has one glaring screw up on his resume.   I don't see how he can afford to take another shot at an unproven coach when Nate is here doing what he's doing.   

Loyd was not a screw up. It was a calculated decision to get a new coach with a track record for developing superstars. The ownership pressed the gas on winning and they had to leave Loyd behind because he couldn't keep up. The next coach won’t be unproven and it may Nate or a coach with more playoff success. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nate's done a fantastic job, but it's still a small sample size, still a long way to go. I have full confidence we will continue to play well under Nate and have a good showing in the playoffs health willing, but it makes no sense to commit right now if you are the Hawks FO. See how the season plays out and then after you have a nice sample to evaluate than you make the decision. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Trajectory of the team would have to change pretty dramatically at this point for McM not to be made permanent.

Intangibles of the situation, aka poetic justice, screams that IND is really, really going to regret having done McM the way they did him... their loss, our gain... and ironically enough, we owe it to Pierce that he wasn't shy to pursue getting McM on his staff after the two worked together on some off-the-court things. Great story that will be even greater if this ends up a long-term relationship that bears significant fruit.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nate's done a fantastic job, but it's still a small sample size, still a long way to go. I have full confidence we will continue to play well under Nate and have a good showing in the playoffs health willing, but it makes no sense to commit right now if you are the Hawks FO. See how the season plays out and then after you have a nice sample to evaluate than you make the decision. Nothing wrong with that.

If you like what somebody is doing, then you commit to them . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 4/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, Atlantaholic said:

It is a small sample size with us but he has a huge sample size in the league in general.  Put those together and I don't see how we do anything but bring Nate back.

• Like 3