• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You telling me that Bruno is so bad that he can't even get minutes with half the team out?

Wurider05

What is going on with dude seriously? Lack of effort, attitude, lack of talent? I watch all of the games and I never got the impression that he was totally worthless.  Half the team was out last night and he was the only one who didn't play. 

I don't think it's effort,  He has the athleticism to rebound well IMO, but his defensive IQ is a bit low from what I have seen. I do think that he needs at least a bit of burn either here or the G-League.  If Nate isn't playing him, than it may be he doesn't like what he sees from him defensively....just my 2 cents. 

He’s like Lloyd, he’s just in over his head. He has hands of stone, he doesn’t anticipate and react to plays, his BBIQ is low. He’s a great guy like Lloyd but I’m not sure he’s going to stick in basketball.

I said this about a year ago and people came at me hard saying I needed to give him time. It’s not a time thing with him it’s a skill set, he doesn’t have it sadly for him. 

I really hope he does a 180 and proves me wrong though because he seems like a great guy. Just can’t see it happening.

• Premium Member

Let's expand the mystery, shall we?

1) Schlenk doesn't have to make a qualifying offer to Bruno for next season, unless I've misunderstood something. He can simply be let go, and thus, he doesn't have to count against the cap.

2) Schlenk has not waived him for this season, obviously, and replaced him with a vet on a minimum contract who might actually contribute something.

I don't get it.

Let the kid go and find a new home... maybe like DET or OKC or MIN... where they'll plausibly be prepared to allow him some minutes.

If you're actually planning on keeping him for 2021-22, on the other hand, what's the point of keeping him totally off the floor?

Is there an injury that's not being disclosed? That would be strange to not disclose it. Is there some disciplinary thing going on? That would be strange, just given the perception of the kid's character that we've been given by media.

Just. Don't. Get it.

HXtaSHfVbHDd3Ogt98wo=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

• Like 2

FYI at his salary (answering the questions to why he hasn't been waived) he is a perfect throw in to even out salaries.  Lots of times players are kept for this very reason, so players can be moved later.

Next year couple of years there are multiple draft picks incoming and being able to send out a 2 for 1 keeps you from making hard choices come cuts time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I stand corrected... and need to get that eye doctor appointment scheduled immediately, as it appears I mistook the 2022-23 column for the 2021-22 column.

LWR_Recording.png

tenor.gif?itemid=12458637

(Not even kidding. I have it on my list of to-dos.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

He lost his confidence. He looked more promising as a Rookie so something's going on with him mentally. He didn't just forget how to play basketball this season. He looked like a project with potential last season, but this season he's borderline unplayable. He's too big, strong, and mobile to not be able to get on the court. The Hawks need to get him a sports psychiatrist. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ratings are not especially informative for a single season, and particularly so as a given player doesn't have as many minutes logged, and what minutes he does have are limited to playing mop up--since, by definition, the players surrounding him are among the team's least productive.

https://squared2020.com/2017/11/25/offensive-and-defensive-ratings/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

What is going on with dude seriously? Lack of effort, attitude, lack of talent? I watch all of the games and I never got the impression that he was totally worthless.  Half the team was out last night and he was the only one who didn't play. 

Nate has flat out said that everyone will not play, and that his rotations normally go 9 deep.  The issue is that we're playing Solo as a big . . and not as a wing.  That throws everything out, from a rotation standpoint.

Knight is the guy that should be playing at the backup 4,   Solo should be the backup wing.   Instead, Solo plays every position except point guard and center.

In that Memphis game, Bruno should've definitely received some playing time against a big center like Valanciunas.  

Some how, some way, Solo has finagled his way into being a valuable piece in the rotation.  The only question now is this.  When Hunter and the rest of the injured guys come back, does Nate stay with his 9 - 10 man rotation?  And if he does, who does Solo get playing time over?

PG - Trae / Lou

G - Bogi / Huerter

F - Hunter / Solo

PF - Collins / Gallo / Solo

C - Capela / Okongwu

Does Cam sit?   Does Okongwu sit, and Gallo become the backup center?

Either way . . Solo is the team's utility knife. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HawksNWaffles said:

I don't think it's effort,  He has the athleticism to rebound well IMO, but his defensive IQ is a bit low from what I have seen. I do think that he needs at least a bit of burn either here or the G-League.  If Nate isn't playing him, than it may be he doesn't like what he sees from him defensively....just my 2 cents. 

Also, Nate has zero emotional attachment to Bruno, unlike LP may have had.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate has flat out said that everyone will not play, and that his rotations normally go 9 deep.  The issue is that we're playing Solo as a big . . and not as a wing.  That throws everything out, from a rotation standpoint.

Knight is the guy that should be playing at the backup 4,   Solo should be the backup wing.   Instead, Solo plays every position except point guard and center.

In that Memphis game, Bruno should've definitely received some playing time against a big center like Valanciunas.  

Some how, some way, Solo has finagled his way into being a valuable piece in the rotation.  The only question now is this.  When Hunter and the rest of the injured guys come back, does Nate stay with his 9 - 10 man rotation?  And if he does, who does Solo get playing time over?

PG - Trae / Lou

G - Bogi / Huerter

F - Hunter / Solo

PF - Collins / Gallo / Solo

C - Capela / Okongwu

Does Cam sit?   Does Okongwu sit, and Gallo become the backup center?

Either way . . Solo is the team's utility knife. 

I agree with this. He should've gotten some minutes against Valanciunas even if it was to just to soak up some fouls and at least offer some resistance at the rim. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 we do? I mean in college but so did Adam Morrison. The NBA game is different, you can’t just bully your way around you need talent in other areas.

We saw him last year do some nice things on the court. The only way you can improve your game in the nba is to play and he has not had that opportunity this year. Granted some of that is on him because you know the bench is scrimmaging hard everyday and in normal practices and he must not be standing out there or Nate would be playing him over other third stringers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1