• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can anyone pinpoint why this team is so much better?

MarylandHawk

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

But... Lemon Pepper is awful

Damn, you’re right.  I didn’t realize he was shooting as poorly as a .444 eFG.  Still, he virtually won us a game, much more than I can say for Rondy.  And I always gotta give respect for a 2:1 assist to turn for a 2 guard.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Lou is a great scorer but I don't like him as our playmaker ... I wish Dunn had been healthy or we had another point guard that could pick that role up and let Lou just roam and score.

I want to see Lou come in with a scorer's mindset and make passes out of that, he'sbeyter when he does that. It's a struggle when he's forced to do the opposite and be a playmaker and trying to run the offense 1st. That's where Huerter helps the second unit as the playmaker while Lou plays offball and focus on scoring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Lou is a great scorer but I don't like him as our playmaker ... I wish Dunn had been healthy or we had another point guard that could pick that role up and let Lou just roam and score.

Did Dunn insult Nate's mother or something?  He hasn't played much after his first two or three games back.  There were times we could have really used a defense oriented guard, but Dunn never made it onto the floor.  It seemed like Dunn was behaving like a hot-head, and maybe Nate  doesn't like that(?)

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Did Dunn insult Nate's mother or something?  He hasn't played much after his first two or three games back.  There were times we could have really used a defense oriented guard, but Dunn never made it onto the floor.  It seemed like Dunn was behaving like a hot-head, and maybe Nate  doesn't like that(?)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bogi and Lou provide the scoring punch that was sometimes lacking when Trae wasn't playing like a top 10 player in the league.

Lou has been inconsistent as a Hawk ( 39% FG ), but he has shown the ability to make the long ball ( 44% from 3 ) and get to the line and make his FTs.

Bogi has just been fantastic since his return ( 17.5 ppg on 48% FG and 45% 3FG . . making over 3 threes per game ).  That was the kind of support Trae needed in a backcourt mate.  Now teams just can't automatically trap Trae, and make other people beat them, because a wide open Bogi will make them PAY. 

This kind of play just couldn't be provided by our younger guys who were and are still learning the game.  Hunter was starting to become more consistent, but he wasn't a guy who could take over a game in a 5 minute stretch with his scoring.   Huerter is a little better under Nate, especially defensively. Under LP, he was inconsistent on both ends of the floor.

And unfortunately, Cam Reddish was still a very negative player on offense, only shooting 35% FG and 20% from 3 point range in his final 15 games played.  You just can't have that kind of offensive ineptitude from a player who is getting heavy minutes, and logging 29 minutes per game. 

Hopefully under Nate next season, Cam can find his niche as an offensive player. Maybe this is a mechanics issue with him that can be fixed, much like how Lonzo Ball fixed his shot and became much better.

Cam was so bad yet had the 5th highest WAR till LP got fired. There was a lot wrong when LP was here and I can point to EVERYONE as the reason why.

25 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's been pretty great for the Clips... *sigh. I think he just didn't want to be here.

And yet the jerk did not turn his nose up at 15 million. Try honoring a nice contract maybe.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's been pretty great for the Clips... *sigh. I think he just didn't want to be here.

He has been better but other than the shooting % I'm not seeing a world of difference in his per minute numbers:

image.png

Biggest difference seems to be on his 2pt fg%.