• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He fits what the NBA needs from a modern big today. Legit center size, can pass, move without the ball, get steals and play team d, rebound, and play hard. 

Hes 6'll but His wingspan is shorter than OO, Cam, and Hunter by a couple of inches.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't have his measurements. 

I thought he had nuetral wingspan but Chad Ford has him at +1...

Day'Ron Sharpe - by Chad Ford - Chad Ford's NBA Big Board

May 27, 2021 — DAY'RON SHARPE. C, NORTH CAROLINA, FRESHMAN Age on draft night: 19.7 | 6'11" | 260 | Wingspan: 7'0” Birthdate: Nov. 6, 2001.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes peep this. Last night I make my list on who the Hawks should draft and tankathon has us takin my boy! :yesyesyes:

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

You do realize what this means? If I hit on Murphy this year that’s two years in a row cuz I got Okongwu last year and thus I’m the master pupil of inner Schlenkdome and thus get all the gold in the land. 

:clint:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sheesh.  I bet you're great at parties, thecamp.

Having been a 19-20 year old male myself, I'm not huge on betting on them. Every so often, I see someone I'm enthusiastic about (Trae or RJ Barrett for example) and I'll go out there and pine for. I think the last draft night person I wanted that I wasn't right on was Frank Kaminsky. He's been a player in the league but I really thought he'd be better. But math proves out right most of the time.

There are 15 roster slots per team in the NBA and realistically 10 rotation players. 30 teams, that's about 300 rotation players in the NBA. The average rotation player stays in the league 10  years (most players are out by the end of their rookie deal). That means 30 rotation level players per year drafted out of 60. You are already 50/50 on finding a rotation guy. of those rotation guys, 1/2 are starters. Of those starters, 2-3 are star quality. It means that in an average draft class there are 4-6 star caliber players, maybe 1 superstar.

During the great Bagley vs JJJ debate of 2018, KB and I made the point that the most important investment a team can make is scouting. That finding that 1 star that falls out of the lottery is your most important goal. We've done pretty well the last few years finding rotation guys, stars.  But draft night is a rough night for most teams. Just keeping it real.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Having been a 19-20 year old male myself, I'm not huge on betting on them. Every so often, I see someone I'm enthusiastic about (Trae or RJ Barrett for example) and I'll go out there and pine for. I think the last draft night person I wanted that I wasn't right on was Frank Kaminsky. He's been a player in the league but I really thought he'd be better. But math proves out right most of the time.

There are 15 roster slots per team in the NBA and realistically 10 rotation players. 30 teams, that's about 300 rotation players in the NBA. The average rotation player stays in the league 10  years (most players are out by the end of their rookie deal). That means 30 rotation level players per year drafted out of 60. You are already 50/50 on finding a rotation guy. of those rotation guys, 1/2 are starters. Of those starters, 2-3 are star quality. It means that in an average draft class there are 4-6 star caliber players, maybe 1 superstar.

During the great Bagley vs JJJ debate of 2018, KB and I made the point that the most important investment a team can make is scouting. That finding that 1 star that falls out of the lottery is your most important goal. We've done pretty well the last few years finding rotation guys, stars.  But draft night is a rough night for most teams. Just keeping it real.

I mean, you're not wrong.  I just think most people, deep down, understand all this.  Just wanna party anyway.

• Haha 1