• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

Looks like the Squawk is ho hum on the JJ pick.  Literally none of you talked about the guy.

I have to admit, when I saw the two UT guys still on the board, I was hoping we'd take either KJ or Springer.

Prediction.  If Charles Bassey is still on the board at #48, we'll take him.  

Cooper still on the board at Pick #44.  NBA GMs must REALLY hate his shooting, along with his size.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Looks like the Squawk is ho hum on the JJ pick.  Literally none of you talked about the guy.

I have to admit, when I saw the two UT guys still on the board, I was hoping we'd take either KJ or Springer.

Prediction.  If Charles Bassey is still on the board at #48, we'll take him.  

Cooper still on the board at Pick #44.  NBA GMs must REALLY hate his shooting, along with his size.

I didnt think hed be there at 20 tbh...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice. At 2:09 he mentions Cooper is able to hit shots now from outside. He gets that outside shot down and he becomes a bigger problem.

Yep. And I want everyone to notice at the 3:35 mark when a reporter is asking him if they were at all influenced by the Okongwu injury, Travis answered no, because Jalen is not a Center. Just want it noted that Travis is on the record in 2021 as saying Okongwu is a Center, not a power forward - for all the people that like to dream of a future with OO starting at PF someday. 

😤  🤪

I'm just having some fun, but really folks need to get on board with OO being our center of the future, not a PF. I'm on record saying I think he can play some minutes at PF in the future IF his outside shot develops. But that is much like JC being able to play some minutes at the 5, because neither situation is ideal. OO is best suited to play center in this modern NBA. He's a center. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 4

Undrafted Rookie Signings:

Jose Alvarado - Pelicans
Joel Ayayi - Lakers
Chaundee Brown - Lakers
D.J. Carton - Hornets
Justin Champagnie - Raptors
Matt Coleman III - Kings
David Duke - Nets
Jordan Goodwin - Wizards
Sam Hauser - Celtics
Aaron Henry - 76ers
Carlik Jones - Mavericks
A.J. Lawson - Heat
Mac McClung - Lakers
R.J. Nembhard - Heat
Eugene Omoruyi - Mavericks
E.J. Onu - Mavericks
Yves Pons - Grizzlies
Micah Potter - Heat
Austin Reaves - Lakers
Javonte Smart - Heat
Charles Smith - Pistons
D.J. Steward - Kings
Anthony Tarke - Pistons
Terry Taylor - Pacers
MaCio Teague - Jazz
Ethan Thompson - Bulls
Justin Turner - Spurs - May only be for summer league
Duane Washington Jr. - Pacers
Trendon Watford - Trail Blazers
Romeo Weems - Grizzlies
McKliney Wright IV - Timberwolves
Kings are also bringing in Alex Antetokounmpo for summer league.

I'm still sitting here this morning trying to figure out how we just swung that. Jalen I get. It's stupid on the part of 10 other teams but I get it.  But Cooper is not a late 2nd round talent...WTF.

How can 29 other GMs be this monumentally stupid?

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

No

Even Hollinger over at the Athletic said what I said AFTER the draft that Johnson is insurance for Collins.  Its clear the Hawks want to keep Collins, and should keep Collins.  Travis wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't go out and find a replacement just in case.  Travis is the best GM in basketball.

Hollinger’s team fit: Solid upside swing here by the Hawks, who didn’t necessarily have a glaring need at backup four but took the most talented player available. Johnson is big, athletic and can handle the ball, but some teams had questions about his background and ability to make plays in the halfcourt. Nonetheless, he was one of the few players left with something more than role-player upside, and offers a bit of roster protection if they can’t keep free agent John Collins.

Edited by Hawkmoor