• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who’s going to Game 3 ??? What are we chanting???(Hawks vs Knicks 2021 Playoffs)

JTB

Just wondering who’s all going to game 3?!

I will be in the building and really hoping my fellow Atlanta fans show up and show the love / passion for this team!

I want those rowdy 2008/2015 hawk fans to show up and show out! LOL...

We need an official chant...Knicks have been chanting “F*ck Trae Young” even before the first tip off! Traes been hearing that all week....what’s our chant for Games 3 and 4 against the Knicks?

Heres some off the top of my head:

“Thibbs you’re shit! Thibbs you’re shit”

followed by.....

“Shitty Knicks! Shitty Knicks!”

followed by.....

“Randles a b*tch! Randles a b*tch!”

repeat!

In sequence it Kinda  of just rolls off the tongue ya know LOL.... but we can always keep it clean too.

If the Knicks hadn’t won a championship in ‘73 and we had won one since then I would chant “19-70!...clap x 2...clap x 3.”  But they have and we haven’t so I got nothing.

Looking at the Hawks Wikipedia page I can’t help but envisioning @lethalweapon3 proofreading and sprinkling some seasoning in that thang lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 2

I like when a home player has a syllable in their name that rhymes with “boooo” and the fans chant when they make a play.  When the Avalanche’s goalie (last name Grubauer) makes a great save they go “Gruuuuuuub!”  It’s such a cool scene and he gets all type of fired up.  There’s someone like that in the NFL but I can’t think of who.  Wish Lou had been here long enough/ played well enough here to get that.

Until then “Ice Trae Ray-ford” has a nice 4-syllable arena ring to it eh?  I know I’m reaching.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

God speed Hawks fans in attendance.   I swore off knicks games in atlanta about 25 years ago.  I can only think this is going to be much worse than ever.  i hope i'm wrong and Hawks fans drown out any stupid knicks fans.   

• Like 2

What gets me is that people think the chanting, etc. works on seasoned players. You don’t think that’s going to give them extra motivation?  I’d rather not poke a bear and let the Hawks play do the talking. 

I am slightly concerned as to what the crowd will be like, especially with the Knicks playoff drought. I’m sure NY fans will be itching to get in the arena. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

God speed Hawks fans in attendance.   I swore off knicks games in atlanta about 25 years ago.  I can only think this is going to be much worse than ever.  i hope i'm wrong and Hawks fans drown out any stupid knicks fans.   

I think the fans will show up. If they don't then maybe the city really doesn't deserve the team to go on through. 

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Back in 08 i remember everyone being shocked about how the fans showed up on our first round series vs the Celts. The team that year had had 0 crowd support all year long, really it didn't look like the team would even make the playoffs until very late in the year. But lo and behold the crowd showed up BIG time. I think people forget just how huge of a factor it was in that series. The guys had played all year in front of empty seats and you could see what an enormous boost it was to have that incredible support out of nowhere, heck, the team was getting smoked out in Boston and then played the best basketball of their lives in front of the home crowds. 

I think we are gonna see something like that now. 

I was there for that famous game 4. Ya -- we were loud. I was sitting next to Zaza's close friend from childhood. He was going nuts. 

I don't live in Atlanta anymore but I hope you all can help give our Hawks a boost. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Back in 08 i remember everyone being shocked about how the fans showed up on our first round series vs the Celts. The team that year had had 0 crowd support all year long, really it didn't look like the team would even make the playoffs until very late in the year. But lo and behold the crowd showed up BIG time. I think people forget just how huge of a factor it was in that series. The guys had played all year in front of empty seats and you could see what an enormous boost it was to have that incredible support out of nowhere, heck, the team was getting smoked out in Boston and then played the best basketball of their lives in front of the home crowds. 

I think we are gonna see something like that now. 

I hope man but Knicks fans always had a bigger presence here than Boston.   And tons of folks re-located here from NY during covid.   They are honestly the worst fans and they will all tell you that they are 'educated' basketball fans but it's so far from the truth.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Southern hospitality.  Atlanta, the heart of the south.  Them NY fans can't help it.  They don't know any better, bless their heart.  But you southern lads and ladies know better because your mamma taught you what it's like to be ladies and gentlemen.

Our boys don't need no foul language or having the NY player spit on.  No sir.  We're better than that.  Show up, show out but mind your manners cause your mamma may be watching you.  Act your age!

:hi:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The NBA is rigged

WWF $hit. That’s why I’m just focusing on the games. The media, the mayor, the spitter, whatever, gimme the game and FF these theatrical BS, I’m not feeding into the media, fckem!

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I like when a home player has a syllable in their name that rhymes with “boooo” and the fans chant when they make a play.  When the Avalanche’s goalie (last name Grubauer) makes a great save they go “Gruuuuuuub!”  It’s such a cool scene and he gets all type of fired up.  There’s someone like that in the NFL but I can’t think of who.  Wish Lou had been here long enough/ played well enough here to get that.

Until then “Ice Trae Ray-ford” has a nice 4-syllable arena ring to it eh?  I know I’m reaching.

Sanu for the Falcons and Rantavius Wooten for UGA a while back if you watch college.

Also agreed with you, so cool when hed score and all the fans are like saannnuuuoooooooooooo