• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Giannis out for Game 5

kg01

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Not celebrating this, just passing on the report ...

Game 5 is a must win regardless. Hawks have to maintain the same intensity they had in Game 4 because the Bucks are coming with everything they have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Game 5 is a must win regardless. Hawks have to maintain the same intensity they had in Game 4 because the Bucks are coming with everything they have. 

Indeed.  Can't help feeling like this tho ...

100.webp?cid=ecf05e477ycufmc611rktpigfuc

• Like 1

• Moderators

This makes this game even more of a must win.  We cannot relax on a wounded deer and have to take advantage.

I wish Giannis a quick recovery. He's a good dude and if we do win this series, I don't want any "yea, but..." about us making the finals.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I know there will be the "I prefer to beat them healthy' from some....for Me as a long suffering Hswks fan....naaah. This is how I feel:

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of Bucks fans and all the stupid talking head"

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know there will be the "I prefer to beat them healthy' from some....for Me as a long suffering Hswks fan....naaah. This is how I feel:

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of Bucks fans and all the stupid talking head"

100% regardless of whatever happens there will always be excuses as to why the Hawks won. If Giannis comes back it'll be, well Giannis wasn't 100%, just like it was against Philly with Embiid and his "injury". Best thing we can do is completely crush the ever living Jesus out of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Agreed, the Bucks will come out guns blazing, just like the Pacers did late in the regular season when they had all of that internal mess going on with the head coach and Nate making his return. The Hawks will have to match and exceed their intensity and execute all 48 minutes and then some to get a win tonight...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, the Hawks need to take care of business tonight and end this in Atlanta. No unnecessary drama. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

100% regardless of whatever happens there will always be excuses as to why the Hawks won. If Giannis comes back it'll be, well Giannis wasn't 100%, just like it was against Philly with Embiid and his "injury". Best thing we can do is completely crush the ever living Jesus out of them.

Agreed. They made their Game 1 loss all about what the Bucks didn't do even with Giannis fully healthy. Excuses will be made regardless. None of those excuses will matter if the Hawks make it to the Finals. 

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This how I feel.  I wish Giannis a speedy recovery after our series.  Didn't wish the injury on him and hope he comes back 100%, but whatever makes this championship easier, I'm all for it. 

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He is done for the playoffs … it will be a little bit before he is back to normal but happy for him that he didn’t tear anything or do any long term damage 

Same thing happen to Durant a few years ago.. if I'm not mistaken  I think it ended up that he played on it after he had no structural damage and got injured farther because the hyperextension weakened some of the tissue and surrounding ligaments but not enough to be called a tear.   Maybe a stretch.   

So if Im the Bucks.. i would wait for him to get healthy instead of Lose to the Hawks and then lose him for a year. 

• Premium Member

Given this confirmation of suspicions about Giannis availability... assuming that Trae's closer to 50% than he is to 100%.... do you rest him tonight so you feel better about his situation, or do you just say "damn the torpedoes" and get on with it?

Without Giannis and Trae, this is how I would rank the top 10 players in this series

• 1) Middleton
  • 2) Holiday
  • 3) Gallinari
  • 4) Collins
  • 5) Huerter
  • 6) Capela  . . . but may drop considerably if he's compromised by his eye
  • 7) Bogi . . . needs to give us something again, before I put him higher 
  • 8} Portis
  • 9) Williams . . . who can rise quickly with another decent game
  • 10) Lopez

Advantage Hawks, if the game is 8 points or more in our favor.

Advantage Bucks if the game is 5 points or less, and the pressure is on for people to make shots.  Middleton, despite his struggles, is the best shot maker in these group of players.