• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reddish just showed that he'll be a problem.

DawnOfThemBirds

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Ice Très/TJ

Action Cam/Bogey

Dr. Dre/K’Von

J-Bap/Gallo

Ah Capela/Double-oh 

Good GOD, mahn 😑

I still think Bogi starts next to Dre.

I went back and forth all season on our wings. Dre was the only one that I never took out of the starting lineup.

Bogi, when healthy, is just the most consistent player of the three (Cam, Kev, Bogi). 

I am proud of the strides they made in the playoffs but Cam and Kev both kind of have those nights where they are just off. They have a bit more position versatility though, which is what I value in bench players.

Long term, I think Cam is a starter in this league. But if everyone is healthy, I think his best fit next year is coming in off the bench and providing a spark for us.

• Thanks 1

Trae/ Vet?

Bogi/Kev

Dre/Cam

JC/Gallo

CC/OO

Bogi would be the first starter to sub out (for Cam probably), Trae the last starter out, and Bogi comes back in to help stabilize the bench offense just like we did all playoffs. 

Regardless of who we bring in as a backup point, you would see some Bogi, Kev, Cam lineups on the floor when Trae sits. 

12 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Reddish was oozing with confidence offensively to go along with his defense.

Once he puts it together with more minutes, then we will be looking at a perennial All-Star and potentially All-NBA player.

......think about him, Trae, and Hunter coming back from injury.

Hawks will be a threat for years to come.

Yep. Those are the 3 guys that we should pay big $ going forward. Trae needs those two defenders around him....We can plug in any decent PF or C... OO will fill one of those roles..Not sure which yet..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae/ Vet?

Bogi/Kev

Dre/Cam

JC/Gallo

CC/OO

Bogi would be the first starter to sub out (for Cam probably), Trae the last starter out, and Bogi comes back in to help stabilize the bench offense just like we did all playoffs. 

Regardless of who we bring in as a backup point, you would see some Bogi, Kev, Cam lineups on the floor when Trae sits. 

Hawks arent winning anything significant with Capela/Collins starting frontcourt..Im sorry...Hawks need to make a trade..If not now, after next season...

At least for the time being, the development of Hunter/Reddish worries me more than the front court. Because to me, you win with talented wings in the NBA these days.

Unless there's an enticing trade, I'd be happy with making some small tweaks and running it back for now at least. Backup PG, perhaps a big oaf for a backup big, bring back Collins, drop the interim tag for Nate (which we know there's essentially a 99.9% chance of), etc.

I would still go Young/Bogdanovic/Hunter/Collins/Capela as the starting lineup if so. The idea of bringing Reddish off the bench first for Bogdanovic is a good one.

After you hopefully get a healthy year for all three of Reddish/Hunter/Huerter, that's where you'll have to make a hard choice.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll keep all three wings. To be honest, I'll keep all four 

I agree. If I'm looking longterm - 2 years. By the time Hunter and Reddish are due extensions, Bogi will be gone - leaving Huerter as the quality backup to both of them. Hopefully Huerter develops more Bogi like traits on offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll keep all three wings. To be honest, I'll keep all four 

If and possibly when the time comes to choose, I’m going to be very very sad. In years past, I either didn’t care too much about our youth or they didn’t have enough talent to care. I don’t wanna lose any of these four guys either man it’s like choosing between your kids.

• Sad 1

I’m going to be honest and no disrespect to Bogi or Huerter ….IF Reddish can improve his offense this off season and be more consistent Cam should be a starter in the backcourt with Trae.

This would improve the defense by miles while not killing the excellent already offense.

im not saying Cam will be a better shooter then Huerter or Bogi but if he can just be a better scorer next season and avg 15-17 pts per game while bringing that intense soon to be elite defense….this team would drastically improve just from that!

Not to mention if Hunter continues doing what he doing then we will surely be a top seeded team.

I would actually rather that then making a bunch of unnecessary moves. We need a backup pg possibly still but to me we need bigger bodies to go along with Okungwu and Capela .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

If and possibly when the time comes to choose, I’m going to be very very sad. In years past, I either didn’t care too much about our youth or they didn’t have enough talent to care. I don’t wanna lose any of these four guys either man it’s like choosing between your kids.

I think we are definitely keeping all 4. I believe the contracts work in our favor so I’m not worried about that .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's a catch 22.

If All reach their potential, then they become too expensive to keep together.

But because there is only one ball and only so many touches to go around, they all likely cannot max out their production playing together, which would keep their cost down.

There are only so many minutes available on the court. And everyone can't average 20+ppg which is the typical threshold when you talk about big contracts.

Not to mention Bogi, Gallo, and CC eating up minutes and points.

Think Harden in OKC. He always had superstar talent but was only able to out up 16 ppg playing alongside KD and Russ. That's exactly what will happen to guys like Cam, Dre and Kev. 

Yes that's true. It's kinda like when Joe Johnson left the Suns. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yeah plus, as injuries derailed us this year, having depth is a major plus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

I’m going to be honest and no disrespect to Bogi or Huerter ….IF Reddish can improve his offense this off season and be more consistent Cam should be a starter in the backcourt with Trae.

How quickly we forget: Cam was the opening night starter. However, his struggles shooting, ballhanding and executing the offense was problematic. We needed an outlet when teams doubled and triple teamed Trae and he struggled mightily. 

If he can improve those aspects it's an eady decision.

I'm just proceeding cautiously since Cam ended last season on a high note and we got really excited but it didn't carry over at the start of this seadon for a myriad of reasons.

I'm excited for him to compete for that spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

This would improve the defense by miles while not killing the excellent already offense.

im not saying Cam will be a better shooter then Huerter or Bogi but if he can just be a better scorer next season and avg 15-17 pts per game while bringing that intense soon to be elite defense….this team would drastically improve just from that!

Not to mention if Hunter continues doing what he doing then we will surely be a top seeded team.

I would actually rather that then making a bunch of unnecessary moves. We need a backup pg possibly still but to me we need bigger bodies to go along with Okungwu and Capela .

I personally do not care too much about who is starting or not starting, I think minutes are the important thing. But the team has made a significant financial commitment to Bogi, and his play at the end of the year was excellent. He struggled with some injuries in the playoffs, but overall he was productive. They arent moving Bogi to the bench. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How quickly we forget: Cam was the opening night starter. However, his struggles shooting, ballhanding and executing the offense was problematic. We needed an outlet when teams doubled and triple teamed Trae and he struggled mightily. 

If he can improve those aspects it's an eady decision.

I'm just proceeding cautiously since Cam ended last season on a high note and we got really excited but it didn't carry over at the start of this seadon for a myriad of reasons.

I'm excited for him to compete for that spot.

Agreed!

Cam certainly has his work cut out for him!…not to get ahead of myself but can you imagine if it actually works out?!!!!

Wow I’m not going to even say it…if Cam finds his offense and learns to mesh with Trae, Hunter, Collins, Capela offensively….man oh man!….and right now we still have Bogi to go along with Huerter off the bench and a rested up Kris Dunn defensively….MAN OH MAN!

heres to hoping Cam really gets it together offensively…outside of just needing plain ol good health throughout the season…Cams development could be our biggest need…but I’m not putting the pressure on the kid I’m just speaking on what I can see if it does happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I personally do not care too much about who is starting or not starting, I think minutes are the important thing. But the team has made a significant financial commitment to Bogi, and his play at the end of the year was excellent. He struggled with some injuries in the playoffs, but overall he was productive. They arent moving Bogi to the bench. 

I hear ya….Bogi is excellent and right now he has the starting SG position on lock as he should however if Cam is showing that he deserves to start at some point next season due to his growth offensively then you have to put this young man with the starters.

Bogi will never have the defensive impact Cam can create so even if Cam never becomes a better shooter then Bogi as long as he improves his offensive scoring ability overall and not be a liability he’ll be a starter at some point.