• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reddish just showed that he'll be a problem.

DawnOfThemBirds

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He continuing to show why I am sky high on him. He continues to work on his body in particular his core and just continue to get a lot better, sky is the limit. 

That's what shocked me when he first came back. He wasn't the thin, lanky guy that went out in February. He was visibly larger and taller than what he was. The fact he was able to to get stronger while maintaining the quickness to create havoc on defense like he did when he was much slimmer is amazing. With him playing the way he did in the biggest game of the season, the potential is through the roof. I hate to even use the word potential at this point because he is a core piece of this team moving forward.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

True, but Harden being out of shape might've cost him and the Nets an NBA title this season.

He pulled him hamstring. The can happen to anybody. I'm not sure what your definition of "being in shape" is, but there's no evidence that a low body fat content is associated with fewer soft tissue injuries. 

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He pulled him hamstring. The can happen to anybody. I'm not sure what your definition of "being in shape" is, but there's no evidence that a low body fat content is associated with fewer soft tissue injuries. 

Harden was pretty out of shape coming to the Nets. Bigger than usual.

He slimmed down some but suffered a nagging hamstring injury. Many believe it was due to him not taking care of his body during the offseason.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Harden was pretty out of shape coming to the Nets. Bigger than usual.

He slimmed down some but suffered a nagging hamstring injury. Many believe it was due to him not taking care of his body during the offseason.

There's no concrete basis for that assertion. Coming into the season 15 lbs overweight wasn't ideal, but you can't attribute pulling his hamstring to that. Those things happen. 

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There's no concrete basis for that assertion. Coming into the season 15 lbs overweight wasn't ideal, but you can't attribute pulling his hamstring to that. Those things happen. 

Why do you get so defensive about these things?  Harden was out of shape for him and that lead to him getting injured. He was in the worst shape of his basketball career.  That's not talking about wait it's talking about his conditioning.  When you're body is more tired it is likely to break down.  That's scientific. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why do you get so defensive about these things?  Harden was out of shape for him and that lead to him getting injured. He was in the worst shape of his basketball career.  That's not talking about weight it's talking about his conditioning.  When your body is more tired it is likely to break down.  That's scientific. 

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

At least for the time being, the development of Hunter/Reddish worries me more than the front court. Because to me, you win with talented wings in the NBA these days.

Unless there's an enticing trade, I'd be happy with making some small tweaks and running it back for now at least. Backup PG, perhaps a big oaf for a backup big, bring back Collins, drop the interim tag for Nate (which we know there's essentially a 99.9% chance of), etc.

I would still go Young/Bogdanovic/Hunter/Collins/Capela as the starting lineup if so. The idea of bringing Reddish off the bench first for Bogdanovic is a good one.

After you hopefully get a healthy year for all three of Reddish/Hunter/Huerter, that's where you'll have to make a hard choice.

Bye Huerter..Easy choice..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Why do you get so defensive about these things?  Harden was out of shape for him and that lead to him getting injured. He was in the worst shape of his basketball career.  That's not talking about wait it's talking about his conditioning.  When you're body is more tired it is likely to break down.  That's scientific. 

Are you familiar with the correlation causation fallacy? It's a common logical fallacy, and one you're currently employing in your argument. Injuries happen, and you cant necessary attribute his hamstring injury to his conditioning. Biomechanical forces caused his hamstring pull, and they are not totally preventable. 

• Premium Member
On 7/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Im most excited in the growth Dre and Cam have made and were able to show in the playoffs.

Dre is still more consistent and better at finding his own shot. Cam is the more explosive scorer and defender. Streaky, but he can really heat up and make impact plays on both ends.

Dre is the guy you need next to our shooters because they can run hot and cold, and he typically is just consistent and reliable (pre injury). He showed on good nights he can hang a 30 piece on you and make it look easy.

Cam's offense comes and goes, but when it's on, it's a game changer. He can go off. He needs to tighten his handle and work on decision making when driving, maybe take lessons from Dre who never seems to take a bad shot. Cam's energy also seems more infectious. I was in the building when he went off against the Nets. You could feel them momentum and his confidence building. It was an avalanche. Same thing happened last night. You need those guys too. They can give you a lift.

I am excited to see them play significant minutes together. I think those guys have a really close relationship off the court and I can’t wait to see that chemistry translate on the court.  Even though they have a lot of similar attributes, their games compliment each other very well. 

• Premium Member

So is Cam now 6'10" in shoes? I know this was discussed somewhere here. He looks to be 6'10" out there. He also looks to be about 230 to 240 as well. He definitely hit the weight bench. Love it. He looked like a completely different player now that the fraud coach is gone.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, terrell said:

Bye Huerter..Easy choice..these gu

These guys haven't been able to stay on the court so don't get ahead.of.oursleves there is no guarantee cam and Dre will have a second contract here way too many things can happen 

Edited by hylndr11