• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Sharife Cooper

NBASupes

50 games. That works for me. 

Signing Cooper to a two-way contract means Atlanta won’t have to save a spot for him on the 15-man regular season roster. He’ll occupy one of the team’s two-way slots instead and will be eligible to appear in up to 50 NBA games while on that contract.

It remains to be seen who will join Cooper on that second two-way deal in Atlanta. The team has a qualifying offer out to Skylar Mays, one of its two-way players from 2020/21, but so far he hasn’t accepted it.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks Sign Sharife Cooper To Two-Way Contract

August 4th, 2021 at 9:18pm CST • By Luke Adams

The Hawks have signed second-round pick Sharife Cooper to a two-way contract, according to the official transactions log at NBA.com.

Not a fan of this but it gives a chance to sign Lou Will and Paul Millsap which is more important to a team trying to win a title. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, marco102 said:

A lot of the core is with Adidas - Trae, John, Bogi, Cooper. I'm not sure who Kevin , OO or Hunter are with. Cam is with Nike.

Big O - Adidas - https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2021/02/05/anthony-edwards-onyeka-okongwu-shoe-deal-adidas/

Hunter is Nike as is Reddish. 

I don't think Kevin has a deal, yet. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not a fan of this but it gives a chance to sign Lou Will and Paul Millsap which is more important to a team trying to win a title. 

If the expectation is he will be GLeague bound for most of the year, no sense in starting his NBA clock early.  If he plays well enough and gets to play with the big team throughout the season and plays well, his two-way can easily be converted to a regular NBA contract.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If the expectation is he will be GLeague bound for most of the year, no sense in starting his NBA clock early.  If he plays well enough and gets to play with the big team throughout the season and plays well, his two-way can easily be converted to a regular NBA contract.

Can someone explain to me how this works. Can they give him an NBA contract mid-season or does it have to be the next calendar year?

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah.  I'm not a fan of this either.  I would have rather locked up Cooper and gotten his bird rights.  Cooper will never be the main point guard in Atlanta, but if you have him locked up, he will be a very valuable trade chip.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I'm not a fan of this either.  I would have rather locked up Cooper and gotten his bird rights. 

Hmm. Not sure people understand that two-way contracts heavily favor the team.

If Cooper plays really well, the Hawks have the option to convert him to the deal everyone wants. They can also choose to make him an RFA like they did with Mays.

They hold virtually all the leverage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Hmm. Not sure people understand that two-way contracts heavily favor the team.

If Cooper plays really well, the Hawks have the option to convert him to the deal everyone wants. They can also choose to make him an RFA like they did with Mays.

They hold virtually all the leverage. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4519427tenor.gif?itemid=13623103

• Premium Member

The Hawks need to sign May's to a contract! Forget Lou Williams!! He isn't good anymore! His defense has never been good nor can he run an offense. I can't understand why Hawk fans get so attached to such players like Vince Carter and Lou Williams.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks need to sign May's to a contract! Forget Lou Williams!! He isn't good anymore! His defense has never been good nor can he run an offense. I can't understand why Hawk fans get so attached to such players like Vince Carter and Lou Williams.

What's the problem with having both? 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

What's the problem with having both? 

We don't need 5 point guards on the team.  We need more front court players. I'm good with Sap. Atleast he can contribute in a positive way on the court. Lou's day of doing that are long gone.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We don't need 5 point guards on the team.  We need more front court players. I'm good with Sap. Atleast he can contribute in a positive way on the court. Lou's day of doing that are long gone.

If you put Mays on a two way you can add Sap and Lou.  So again, why not have all of them? 

Also Mays is a combo guard and so is Delon Wright. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

If you put May's on a two way you can add Sap and Lou.  So again, why not have all of them? 

There is no reason to have Lou on the team.  May's deserves his shot.  He has played well enough to garner the respect of the organization rather that being treated worse than scrubs like Brandon Goodwin or Bruno.